Old Scholars

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does that mean that OHA aren't paying Mantis either??

Mantis's main reason for coming to OHA (and these are his words) that he would like the chance to win a flag before he retires in a year or 2, money wasn't really an issue.

And i said Archer MAY not be after money - i have know idea if he wants $500 or 50 cents just my thoughts!

Goodluck to Rogers at OHA... A touch over-rated in my opinion... Anyone heard any news on Richmond? Any recruits? Interesting to hear that the new coach at Uni - Ben Beams is close to signing 3 premiership players from Glenorchy... All three apparentley trained there last night... WOW

Goodluck to Rogers at OHA... A touch over-rated in my opinion... Anyone heard any news on Richmond? Any recruits? Interesting to hear that the new coach at Uni - Ben Beams is close to signing 3 premiership players from Glenorchy... All three apparentley trained there last night... WOW

Gee you name drop Ben Beams alot!!
I heard Richmond has picked up Benny Cato from clarence as Assistant coach, and thus have picked up a few Clarence players. Also a couple of Lauderdale blokes there too.

Mantis's main reason for coming to OHA (and these are his words) that he would like the chance to win a flag before he retires in a year or 2, money wasn't really an issue.

And i said Archer MAY not be after money - i have know idea if he wants $500 or 50 cents just my thoughts!

Yeah, thats plausible. Hope things go ok for him. Blokes who go chasing flags, generally don't wind up with too many under the belt.

Thanks for the info Monna... Nothing wrong with throwing out big names mate... You going to persist with Dosa next year mate or move on to a side that will have a chance of winning a flag??

Makes sense with everyone's favourite son McGregor moving from Huonville to Hutchins this year.

By the looks of it, the majority of the Old Scholars teams with the exception of a couple will be very competitive this year with all these names being thrown around.

Archer is an ex St Virgil's college student so don't rule them out - word is he cant commit to training so he may not be after $$$ to play.

if Archer plays, he'll play old scholars. Not Regional. It'll be Uni or OHA as he knows a few people there.
He wont go to;
Hutchins as he's ex St Virgils boy, as previous pointed out;
Channel pffttt...;
St Virgils due to the Hobart influence, Hobart and Clarence players have never had a good relationship on and off the field. None of his school mates are there either.
Richmond has a certain person at the club which they dont see eye to eye well at all.

Goodluck to Rogers at OHA... A touch over-rated in my opinion...
OVER-RATED!!! mmmmmm interesting call. This bloke has been in the Old Scholars Team of the Year playing both Full Forward and Full Back don't know many others that could lay claim to that! He is lightning quick with good hands, can as we have all seen kick bags of goals and From games I have seen I have not seen any player in the Comp able to stop him, so big call is over-rated:confused:. Good Luck to him at OHA i am sure he will add to their already impressive team.

Renaming Old Scholars comp

Any takers on the renaming of the League to OSFA Premier League?

Just joking but gee it looks like being a great year.

OVER-RATED!!! mmmmmm interesting call. This bloke has been in the Old Scholars Team of the Year playing both Full Forward and Full Back don't know many others that could lay claim to that! He is lightning quick with good hands, can as we have all seen kick bags of goals and From games I have seen I have not seen any player in the Comp able to stop him, so big call is over-rated:confused:. Good Luck to him at OHA i am sure he will add to their already impressive team.
woopdi doo team of year fullback & fullforward,he has not played against dosa yet champ,looking forward to that game,they have one bloke at dosa that would make him look second rate,

woopdi doo team of year fullback & fullforward,he has not played against dosa yet champ,looking forward to that game,they have one bloke at dosa that would make him look second rate,
I assume you are talking about Matt Honey??

Because I can only assume there would be a few other DOSA players that would be keen on playing on him.. ;)

In all seriousness though, he is a very good footballer and overrated is the last thing I'd call him

I assume you are talking about Matt Honey??

Because I can only assume there would be a few other DOSA players that would be keen on playing on him.. ;)

In all seriousness though, he is a very good footballer and overrated is the last thing I'd call him

I'd have to agree the many games I've played against him he is definitely not overrated can play in any position on the ground, from all reports did have an injury for most of last season.

I'd be confident in saying that know one at Dosa (or any club in the league) could stop him when on song!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd have to agree the many games I've played against him he is definitely not overrated can play in any position on the ground, from all reports did have an injury for most of last season.

I'd be confident in saying that know one at Dosa (or any club in the league) could stop him when on song!

as good a player as Matt Honey has been over many years I don't believe he would have the speed or the energy to chase Mantis around the park:D

as good a player as matt honey has been over many years i don't believe he would have the speed or the energy to chase mantis around the park:d
ok lol,lets say he plays fullback mat honey fullforward do you realy think he would be any match body on body dont think so, as 4 speed put that ball infront of him and he would be as quick as anyone,as 4 energy its not all about fitness,its about reading the play,betta than the apponent

Archer is an ex St Virgil's college student so don't rule them out - word is he cant commit to training so he may not be after $$$ to play.
I spoke with ARCHER,S brother during the week and he said "if he plays it will be in the old scholars, as he had rejected a couple of substantial offers to play SFL as it was too far to travel to training, from where he works. He said he will make a decision in the next few days, Uni, St virgils and OHA were mentioned.

Heard a rumour that the new full forward from dosa "Michael Robinson" is also leaving dosa for a love interest in Broome!!!

Who is going to kick the goals for dosa now?? And don't say Matt Honey, he is way past it, the old dog !!!

heard a rumour that the new full forward from dosa "michael robinson" is also leaving dosa for a love interest in broome!!!

Who is going to kick the goals for dosa now?? And don't say matt honey, he is way past it, the old dog !!!
past it he kicked nearly 70 goals last year from most of the year at chf ,kicked 9 goals in 1 half of football against oha when they decided to put him fullforward,on probert made him looking second rate,past it dont think so ,old yes lol,not bad 4 a old bastard on 1` leg,he will worry alot at fullforwards this year once again,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back