Old Scholars

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will hurt DOSA after he has been talked up as the next B Rogers.. But in serious news.. Have heard Channel have had a very minimal amount of numbers on the track.. What will happen if they can't field both reserves and seniors?
I'm sure that DOSA will have no problem covering him at full back this year.. After all he had only really played 2's previously anyway.

On Channel, I noticed in today's (sat) Mercury they are advertising for a senior playing coach with $15-20,000 on the table..

Reserves coaching job will attract $5000.

I'm sure that DOSA will have no problem covering him at full back this year.. After all he had only really played 2's previously anyway.

On Channel, I noticed in today's (sat) Mercury they are advertising for a senior playing coach with $15-20,000 on the table..

Reserves coaching job will attract $5000.
This is not going to guarantee a top coach, as most are possibly already at another club . It will however create a great deal of interest from some quarters.

It's unfortunate that they have to show how much they'll pay upfront, which IMO, could bring the wrong sort of character to the job..

This is not going to guarantee a top coach, as most are possibly already at another club . It will however create a great deal of interest from some quarters.

One M.Bowden is obviously available I guess. Maybe he'll head back to DOSA or Saints where he has been before. Or maybe not? Thoughts.

Any news on Hutchins? I quite strongly agree with Rowie's points he made.. We may not have the big names but there are alot of no nonsense players who are there for the club.. Let's just say in some crazy world where I had some form of footballing talent.. I'd be happy to stay at DOSA even if I had a few tempting offers from other clubs, it just feels like a tight community up there.. And with a large quantity of players around the 19-23 age bracket.. Even if we are down for a year or 2.. I can't see it lasting.. Only a matter of months before we see where we're really at..

Have heard Hutchins are really struggling lost Harriss, Rossiter, Palfreyman x2, Doran, Clark, Faulkner, Abey and a few others. Only recruits I know of is the coach mcGregor and another from Huonville. Also heard they were worried this would be there last year in the comp!!!

Have heard Hutchins are really struggling lost Harriss, Rossiter, Palfreyman x2, Doran, Clark, Faulkner, Abey and a few others. Only recruits I know of is the coach mcGregor and another from Huonville. Also heard they were worried this would be there last year in the comp!!!

Harriss, Rossiter, Palfreyman x2, Doran, Clark, Faulkner, Abey where are these players heading to????

Source?

Have a copy of the proposed roster which sounds like it will be set this week - I have it in an excel format but i'm not sure how to post it?

Round 1
Dosa v OHA at Cadburys
Hutchins v Channel at Hutchins
St Virgils v Uni at Bike Track
Richmond - bye

Have a copy of the proposed roster which sounds like it will be set this week - I have it in an excel format but i'm not sure how to post it?

Round 1
Dosa v OHA at Cadburys
Hutchins v Channel at Hutchins
St Virgils v Uni at Bike Track
Richmond - bye
I'll be dragging myself out of hospital for the first game, if this is the case!!!

Hey long time reader first time poster! I thought i had better set a few things strait here. The only player on the above list to depart is James Faulkner who is trying his luck with North Hobart. Hutchins have regained some former premiership players and a few young guys from New Norfolk and Travel. I think former players andrew taylor alec thompson and tom friend are set to return. Harriss has been training so has Clark and adam Palfreyman is supposed to be super fit! Big doug Rossiter is still recovering from an injury but has committed. The lions are not looking to bad at all just Quietly!!

Hey long time reader first time poster! I thought i had better set a few things strait here. The only player on the above list to depart is James Faulkner who is trying his luck with North Hobart. Hutchins have regained some former premiership players and a few young guys from New Norfolk and Travel. I think former players andrew taylor alec thompson and tom friend are set to return. Harriss has been training so has Clark and adam Palfreyman is supposed to be super fit! Big doug Rossiter is still recovering from an injury but has committed. The lions are not looking to bad at all just Quietly!!
Would be surprised if Faulkner goes around after breaking in to the Shield team this year, imagine Coyley blowing up if he got injured !I have heard that Dougy Rossiter may be coming back up our way as a drive in to play with his old club, Yeoman, in the DFA ?

S Webster from claremont to coach Channel with a few going with him .Can you confirm this Barge? Talk of T Pepper jumping on board aswell now that Kermandie have gone into recess.

Did hear last weekend that it was most likely that Scott Webster would get the job. Have heard a few are following but haven't heard names. Apparently the fears of a few posters on here appear to be on the money, pardon the pun - apparently Channel are offering some very good coin! Had thought of Huonville and Cygnet and obviously Kingston as beneficiaries of the Kermandie folding, but I guess you can throw in Channel as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did hear last weekend that it was most likely that Scott Webster would get the job. Have heard a few are following but haven't heard names. Apparently the fears of a few posters on here appear to be on the money, pardon the pun - apparently Channel are offering some very good coin! Had thought of Huonville and Cygnet and obviously Kingston as beneficiaries of the Kermandie folding, but I guess you can throw in Channel as well.

Shi t yeah,they chased the Dickson brothers from Hobart pretty hard . I dont think coin is a problem .

Heard tonight Jared Mason, who went to Claremont from Hobart and was to have returned to the TCA, is Channel bound along with the Webb Brothers from North Hobart.

Also appear to be benefitting from Kermandie folding, with apparently Todd Pepper and Andrew Nash among others heading there.

Interesting about the Webb brothers Barge, they were spotted having a squiz at DOSA training a couple of weeks ago. Channel obviously splashing the cash there.

Any other news on player movements, coaching appointments etc?

Have heard on the grapevine that OHA will be playing Old Scotch in a praccy at Campbell Town oval. Will be interesting!

Interesting about the Webb brothers Barge, they were spotted having a squiz at DOSA training a couple of weeks ago. Channel obviously splashing the cash there.

Any other news on player movements, coaching appointments etc?

Have heard on the grapevine that OHA will be playing Old Scotch in a praccy at Campbell Town oval. Will be interesting!

Correct OHA is playing Old Scotch on the 14th at Campbell Town
and Dodges on the 22nd at Dodges.

Sounds like Channel is starting to rebuild its playing list.

Don't hold me to ransom, just repeating what I've heard.

Whilst they'll no doubt be better than their last few seasons, I still can't see Channel troubling the OHAs, UNIs and Richmonds of the world!

Whilst they'll no doubt be better than their last few seasons, I still can't see Channel troubling the OHAs, UNIs and Richmonds of the world!

Yea the the webb boys are at channel...

Also whats everybodys predictions for the channel sharks this year?

You would have to think that OHA would be too strong for Old Scotch but you are right, will be interesting to see the result of the game. Does anyone know what time this game is on, might be worth making the trip up to watch.

Any key match ups to keep an eye out for, anyone that knows anything about both the sides?

UNIs? You do mean the one that finished bottom last year? I know they've seemed to have picked up a few but time will tell I guess, maybe I'm a bit sceptical. I wish we could get sports betting on Old Scholars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back