Old Scholars

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daniel Archer that has been at Clarence for 8 or 9 years is the one who has trained at OHA a few times, as he apparently does not have time to meet the training required for the new Statewie League. He is not the one listed to go to Hobart.He will probably play at OHA or not at all.I got this info from one of his family members.

You would have to think that OHA would be too strong for Old Scotch but you are right, will be interesting to see the result of the game. Does anyone know what time this game is on, might be worth making the trip up to watch.

Any key match ups to keep an eye out for, anyone that knows anything about both the sides?

Game starts at 1pm......

Should be some good players running around Scotch have Kim Curtis, Alex Bertram, D'Emdem, Rigney, and Lyne ( who will most likely play on Archer in the backline and will be a brilliant matchup)

From what ive heard OHA have a few solid players too in Mccalum, Archer, Bannister Etc....

Should be a close game

Game starts at 1pm......

Should be some good players running around Scotch have Kim Curtis, Alex Bertram, D'Emdem, Rigney, and Lyne ( who will most likely play on Archer in the backline and will be a brilliant matchup)

From what ive heard OHA have a few solid players too in Mccalum, Archer, Bannister Etc....

Should be a close game

Is big Micky Beaumont still kicking on up there MM1999?

Anyone know how Uni went in their praccy vs Nth Hobart on Monday?

Have heard they dominated up until 3 qtr time. They dragged their stars after that. Not sure on Final Scores/Bests/Goalkickers.

Also, The Webb Brothers to Channel seems to be rumor and innuendo only. Very good chance at least one of them will be donning the maroon and gold this year.

In other news, Uni smashed Claremont yesterday at Abbotsfield. Charlie Rae dominant with 8 or 9 majors.

Not sure on how strong a side Claremont fielded tbh, but they looked very average. Uni ran all over them and made them look second rate.

Sore the first quarter and Uni did kill them, but Claremont looked to have an under 17's side out there. Id say it will be a long year for the Claremont boys this year.

OHA with the addition of Archer and Rogers would have to be ods-on to go back to back. Their will be a huge gap to second. See if you can get even money OHA into New Norfolk, looks easy money too me.

Also heard last night that Richmond have picked up a bloke from Victoria that is apparantly unreal. Don't know a name yet and the bloke that told me is a bit unreliable but intresting anyway.

Have heard about all the good players OHA,Richmond and Uni picked up ,but has anyone heard anything about St.Virgils -whos coaching ,players gain and lost

any one got any info on a bloke playing for uni named Nelson (i think it maybe Josh) played really well against Nth Hobart last week and by all accounts looked the goods against Claremont. Where has he played before joining Uni?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also heard last night that Richmond have picked up a bloke from Victoria that is apparantly unreal. Don't know a name yet and the bloke that told me is a bit unreliable but intresting anyway.

If its who im thinking of it's the bloke who's been talking himself up

Sore the first quarter and Uni did kill them, but Claremont looked to have an under 17's side out there. Id say it will be a long year for the Claremont boys this year.

OHA with the addition of Archer and Rogers would have to be ods-on to go back to back. Their will be a huge gap to second. See if you can get even money OHA into New Norfolk, looks easy money too me.

Pretty much on the money with OHA, Rogers is a huge pickup for them he can play anywhere and dominate, Archer will add even more depth to them plus the others from Clarence that have been to training!
Dont know about a huge gap to second - UNI looking pretty handy and Richmond will be thereabouts again. Top Three all sewn up just a matter of who will come in Next?? Any news on how DOSA / CHANNEL / ST VIRGILS are going?? Had heard some rumours that Channel picked up a few handy Claremont Boys:confused:

Pretty much on the money with OHA, Rogers is a huge pickup for them he can play anywhere and dominate, Archer will add even more depth to them plus the others from Clarence that have been to training!
Dont know about a huge gap to second - UNI looking pretty handy and Richmond will be thereabouts again. Top Three all sewn up just a matter of who will come in Next?? Any news on how DOSA / CHANNEL / ST VIRGILS are going?? Had heard some rumours that Channel picked up a few handy Claremont Boys:confused:
I think you are on the money it appears OHA,UNI,and RICHMOND will be quite strong . Richmond have picked up Cato from Clarence, UNI have picked up a few players from Nth Hob, Glenorchy, And OHA have picked up several good players from DOSA,and Clarence and these three look like being the teams to beat this year.

Just heard from a person at uni that Jimmy Dunhan done a knee on sunday and Gilmore broke his hand. Sounds like two key players out for a long time?

Gilmour out 6-8 weeks broke hand at training last night, Dunham strained medial 4-6 weeks out.

yeh sure old scholars guy with a medial ligament 4-6 weeks out:rolleyes: he'll be back in 5 and do it again only worse, unless of course all the coin they have down that way has got them a hyperbaric and a team of good physio's? If he does come back he'll be heavily taped and wont be able to turn and that heavy Uni ground will kills his legs

Josh Nelson is definately x Kermandie and aparently played at Brighton with Gilmour before that. He was very good against Claremont last week from what I saw. Another bloke suposedly from Kermandie was good to but dont know his name.

Rogers is a gun on his day but he is also the worlds bigest sook as well as a tool and could be as much of a negative as a positive if things dont go his way. Strange cat that one.

Reading back about all the money being thrown around Old Scholars, namely Uni, Richmond and Channel, but no one seemed to mentions OHA. Can someone tell me firstly how they got that team together last year and how they added Rogers and Archer to it? Surely they would be paying more than anyone?

And if memory serves me correctly it wasn't that many years ago that everyone at Hutchins was aparently getting paid when they one a flag or 2.

I guess its going to happen.

Any mail on how Harvs and boys at Dosa are going? They must want to kill Rogers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back