Old Scholars

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went and watched Uni v Richmond on the weekend and what a top game it was. Not sure how many people were there but i reckon everyone that attended would of enjoyed a great game of footy. Full credit to Richmond they never gave up and Uni just ran out of legs. Barwen played awesome for them got them back in the game. little bloke that played in the centre for richmond daft i think?? played well too. For the losers none were better on the ground than Gilmore almost single handedly won the game for them. Not sure about the coaches moving him up the ground??, certainly caused a stir in the crowd. Can anyone from in the uni camp confirm that there captan was injured and shouldn't have played??? all in all good game... the beers were good:D:D get on dosa 2010!!

Stoppage

Should be 2 decent games on Saturday. Saints with the week's rest may have the upper hand especially after Richmond had to work so hard on Saturday. Saints by 22.
Hutchins were dominant in the 2nd semi against St Virgils and with the week's rest may have too much run for the bigger bodies of DOSA. Lions by 36

Went and watched Uni v Richmond on the weekend and what a top game it was. Not sure how many people were there but i reckon everyone that attended would of enjoyed a great game of footy. Full credit to Richmond they never gave up and Uni just ran out of legs. Barwen played awesome for them got them back in the game. little bloke that played in the centre for richmond daft i think?? played well too. For the losers none were better on the ground than Gilmore almost single handedly won the game for them. Not sure about the coaches moving him up the ground??, certainly caused a stir in the crowd. Can anyone from in the uni camp confirm that there captan was injured and shouldn't have played??? all in all good game... the beers were good:D:D get on dosa 2010!!

Stoppage

I totally agreed stoppage21 until I spoke with Beama and Banga after the game Sat night. It was pointed out that Richmond were kicking with a 2 to 3 goal breeze in the last quarter and that Gilmour had only kicked 2 goals in the last 2 quarters after kicking 5 in the first and that he is regarded as their best stoppage/clearance player. I think it is fair to say they would have liked 2 of Gilmour. They said they were getting smashed out of the middle and needed to start winning the ball their first. After thinking about what they said it was true the ball was not getting into the forward line anyway so it would not have mattered who was there. Richmond were winning the contested ball. Plus I dont think from memory Uni won a centre break in the last quarter. I also asked if Burgess was injuried, and yes he had a hamstring injury and was about 70% so they took him into the game, Burgo obviously lack some pace off the mark on the day. I also asked why,,,,why they took Mazey from CHF back to the back line, they said he was never CHF, his player run up their trying to play a loose man in defence, so Mazey followed him and was lucky to kick a couple of goals.
All fair points made by the coaches, which the crowd would not have been aware of. I think Uni's major disappointment on the day was their lack of shutting their opponents down when they got a run on. It looked as if all the Uni players wanted to do was get the easy kick and look pretty, instead of doing the team thing. This sometimes happens with young inconsistant teams or teams that have not played much together. Anyway no sour grapes as I am sure next year Beama and Banga will have us ready for another tilt at the flag. Their has been a massive shift in the culture at the club and it is now so much more professional. We are going in the right direction and getting good people at the club.

I bet they wished they had Dave Welch in the team Sat. It is a wonder the big fellow down their did not fly him back from overseas.

Uni 2010, just wait and see.:thumbsu:

ATTENTION G. BLUTH.

Charlie Jones does not get paid to play. He came back to play for the rainbows for 3 reasons; love of the club, success and to play with some old mates.

Question his injury and last quarter comeback to his face and you might be the one on the injury list you waffle.

I totally agreed stoppage21 until I spoke with Beama and Banga after the game Sat night. It was pointed out that Richmond were kicking with a 2 to 3 goal breeze in the last quarter and that Gilmour had only kicked 2 goals in the last 2 quarters after kicking 5 in the first and that he is regarded as their best stoppage/clearance player. I think it is fair to say they would have liked 2 of Gilmour. They said they were getting smashed out of the middle and needed to start winning the ball their first. After thinking about what they said it was true the ball was not getting into the forward line anyway so it would not have mattered who was there. Richmond were winning the contested ball. Plus I dont think from memory Uni won a centre break in the last quarter. I also asked if Burgess was injuried, and yes he had a hamstring injury and was about 70% so they took him into the game, Burgo obviously lack some pace off the mark on the day. I also asked why,,,,why they took Mazey from CHF back to the back line, they said he was never CHF, his player run up their trying to play a loose man in defence, so Mazey followed him and was lucky to kick a couple of goals.
All fair points made by the coaches, which the crowd would not have been aware of. I think Uni's major disappointment on the day was their lack of shutting their opponents down when they got a run on. It looked as if all the Uni players wanted to do was get the easy kick and look pretty, instead of doing the team thing. This sometimes happens with young inconsistant teams or teams that have not played much together. Anyway no sour grapes as I am sure next year Beama and Banga will have us ready for another tilt at the flag. Their has been a massive shift in the culture at the club and it is now so much more professional. We are going in the right direction and getting good people at the club.

I bet they wished they had Dave Welch in the team Sat. It is a wonder the big fellow down their did not fly him back from overseas.

Uni 2010, just wait and see.:thumbsu:

How much will Jackson Motors be forking out next year?.;)

ATTENTION G. BLUTH.

Question his injury and last quarter comeback to his face and you might be the one on the injury list you waffle.

He was not the only person who thought this, It was spoken about at the game where I was standing, just seemed strange. And as far as the the rest of this statement and threats are we speaking about the same Jones:confused:

Fair spectacle PRB, but I wouldn't go the crow too early, the Saints have been the best team all year and if you start like that against them, there won't be second chances.

Prelim was the best game of local footy I've seen in a fair while, although as obvious as it may seem, a game of 2 halves. Uni were awesome in the first half, Richmond the same in the second. Hope the GF lives up to the build up.

Saints should have both teams in, just couldn't put Dosa away in the first half when they were all over them. From memory the Hutchins boys are yet to beat Dosa this year in the magoos, so should be an interesting lead up to the main event.

Any word on other coaches that aren't still focusing on this year. McCallum and OHA -will he go on? Harvey? Have Hutchins officially announced yet?
Saints were the best team all year??????? Strange the ladder i saw showed Richmond first Saints second!!!!!

What a load of crap!!!!!!! 55 points up and lose, its easy to explain with out all that trash beama banga shit its called "CHOKING"

your right who cares, when you are playing your third highest vote getter in the two's to try and win a flag, that sums up DOSA"S attitude p---- poor
haha powerrooblue pull ya head in champ,dont trap off about shit you have no idea'r about,ive played 2's all year bar 7 games in the ones because at that stage there was lack of numbers,im 36 yrs old 2 ****ed knees to ****ed ankles numerouse over ****ed body parts lol,so why would'nt i try and play in a 2's GF,I THINK I HAVE EARNT THE RIGHT TO WIN ANOTHER FLAG B4 I RETIRE DONT YOU.

haha powerrooblue pull ya head in champ,dont trap off about shit you have no idea'r about,ive played 2's all year bar 7 games in the ones because at that stage there was lack of numbers,im 36 yrs old 2 ****ed knees to ****ed ankles numerouse over ****ed body parts lol,so why would'nt i try and play in a 2's GF,I THINK I HAVE EARNT THE RIGHT TO WIN ANOTHER FLAG B4 I RETIRE DONT YOU.

36? Gee, I thought you were older than that! ;)

ATTENTION G. BLUTH.

Charlie Jones does not get paid to play. He came back to play for the rainbows for 3 reasons; love of the club, success and to play with some old mates.

Bwahahahahahaha...I bet G. Bluth is shaking in his boots as we speak!! :D

Wow, you really are an old fossil aren't you?!!!!!

spot on oldscholar you have earnt the right to win a flag at the age of 36, so powerrooblue pull ya head in champ !

Richmond to win flag by 28
dosa by 19

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck to all GF sides this weekend! Should be 2 ripper games! I'll go for the saints by 12, just for PRB's comments on here lately. And i'll tip an extra time result in the 2's, maybe Hutchins to win?

I hope the Saints get up just for the mere fact that Richmond continue to throw around coin to buy premierships

DOSA to win the twos comfortably. Hutchins were very lucky to have scraped into 2nd spot and then faced an out of sorts Saints in the 2nd semi. DOSA and Uni are both better sides.

Must have heard wrong about Doran! But yeah, it should be a very even competition.

Will the real oldscholar/old Scholar please stand up.Why pretend to be someone your not?

Good Luck to all sides playing in tomorrow's Grand Finals.... Ill tip Richmond by 23, and Hutchins by 15. Both should be great games. What a year it has been in the old scholars. I reckon it is fair to say that the comp is just as strong if not stronger than the regional league. Whats everyones thoughts? Has the team of the year been announced?? Who are everyones top 10 players in the comp this year?

Stoppage

Good Luck to all sides playing in tomorrow's Grand Finals.... Ill tip Richmond by 23, and Hutchins by 15. Both should be great games. What a year it has been in the old scholars. I reckon it is fair to say that the comp is just as strong if not stronger than the regional league. Whats everyones thoughts? Has the team of the year been announced?? Who are everyones top 10 players in the comp this year?

Stoppage

Seen a fair bit of both leagues this year and the 4 top teams from the Old Scholars could definately mix it with the vast majority of the SFL but would get smashed by New Norfolk, Lindisfarne & Dodges(like the other SFL clubs).

I'd just like to congratulate The Mercury/Sunday Tasmanian for their outstanding coverage of the Old Scholars grand final, which apparently was on yesterday.....:confused: They obviously don't have enough sportswriters to cover more than one event at a time. :thumbsdown:

agreed!!! piss poor effort from the Mercury who continue to butcher coverage of local footy... when will they ever get their act together and do local footy justice!

I see Adam Smith wrote near all of the articles in the paper today on the TSL final, yet I could swear I saw Brett Stubbs' fat head on tv as Clarence were walking off the ground.

Why couldn't he be at North Hobart?

If not for this thread I'd have no idea who won!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back