Old Scholars

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee BTS your not very tolerant of anyone who has a different opinion or posts something your not interested in. Sorry your the god of Old Scholars Footy Champ.

Bit worried bout your fetish for Electric Banana's, herd that twice from you now..

Gee BTS your not very tolerant of anyone who has a different opinion or posts something your not interested in. Sorry your the god of Old Scholars Footy Champ.

Bit worried bout your fetish for Electric Banana's, herd that twice from you now..

Budget understand, opinions are fine if they are objective and have facts associated to them. Evidence tells me he has no idea. That has nothing to do with my opinion or his. If you deal with facts and evidence people cant argue.

If I am the old scholars footy champ, you must be the Oprah Winfrey of the whole of footy world, you know it all....... Go back to visiting George Michael at the toilet blocks.

Jenna Jamison loves the electric banana, so dont knock it.:thumbsu:

Nutsss you are obviously an absolute footy germ that knows nothing about footy. Yes, Archer is not a bad player but to say Mazey and Dunham cant play is beyond belief. I suggest you stop rotation on your electric banana and get to a few games and watch these boys play. You tool !!! Mazey was Nth Hobart's CHB and they finished in the GF last year. Dunham was also third in their B&F. Also remember that it goes on this years performances not their reputation. Whilst Harriss is a good player he was lucky to get a gig as he missed quiet a few games through injury this season.

Dont write on the old scholars wall if you cant write sense, or have facts to back up the shit you say!!.:thumbsu:

Here, here, i have played against those 2 when they played for north hobart and they are jets. Also saw uni play a game this year when we had a spilt round in our comp and mazey and dunham killed it!! a class above the pack. Nutts shut the hell up, sounds like you might be envious or just have no idea!

You must support uni i am taking it. Just a question about the amount of money speant by the club this year. ?

No, support Nth Hobart and was a little dirty they left. They were offered more to play at the Demons but still left. The boys just did not want to commit to the TSL and training requirements. In the old scholars I go for DOSA. I have no idea how much money has been spent however I was told a couple have scholarships with the University and that has a sporting component attached to it. With DOSA out, I do hope Uni do well in the finals though, as I cant stand Richmond and St.Virgils.

They would have spent the same as other clubs I'd imagine. To think all clubs are not paying players is rubbish because they all are.

They would have spent the same as other clubs I'd imagine. To think all clubs are not paying players is rubbish because they all are.

You think that st virgils would be paying the same as Richmond and Uni. Hang on wasnt it you that said have the facts to back your statements up.

Think it is interesting you state all clubs are paying players, yet you claim to be a DOSA supporter.

DOSA and St Virgils dont pay players apart from coaches and assistants.

Think it is interesting you state all clubs are paying players, yet you claim to be a DOSA supporter.

Your very touchy officer, they must have a lot of coaches and assistants then. Dosa do pay players, I know that for a fact.

St.Virgils also pay players, Unsworth, Dickson, Batchelor, Gray, Williams,

All clubs do it as best they can when they have the cash available. The amount spread around many players is the same as giving it to 2 or 3 players, whether they are coaches or assistants dont matter. $ value is approx the same.

These are facts of clubs so they should stop trying to hide it.

Disagree

Dosa maybe not this year but did pay more than there coaching panel in the past and the Saints would be paying more than 3 players without doubt.

Your very touchy officer, they must have a lot of coaches and assistants then. Dosa do pay players, I know that for a fact.

All clubs do it as best they can when they have the cash available. The amount spread around many players is the same as giving it to 2 or 3 players, whether they are coaches or assistants dont matter. $ value is approx the same.

These are facts of clubs so they should stop trying to hide it.

Well done BTS, all clubs have done it in the past and will continue to do it in the future. Clubs just love saying they dont pay money..... who cares !!

Interesting you are quoting facts behindthescenes, i know a few of the players here you mention quite well, and know for an absolute 100% fact that St Virgils only pay Williams and Gray. The coach and assistant coach. End of story.

and know for an absolute 100% fact that St Virgils only pay Williams and Gray. The coach and assistant coach. End of story.[/quote]

Your kidding yourself

and know for an absolute 100% fact that St Virgils only pay Williams and Gray. The coach and assistant coach. End of story.

Your kidding yourself[/quote]

As an outsider who has seen a couple of games maybe the reason that St Virgils is in the GF is because they are there to win it and not to get paid cash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not George, not at all. As i said i know a few of those blokes very well.

Is something they pride themselves on and is a major reason why they are in the GF - all the blokes there for the right reasons.

As an outsider who has seen a couple of games maybe the reason that St Virgils is in the GF is because they are there to win it and not to get paid cash.

Maybe because they're one of the only teams who have any links to their school of origin? Notice as well how many guys who are doing well for StVirgils were at Friends a few years ago.

Your kidding yourself

As an outsider who has seen a couple of games maybe the reason that St Virgils is in the GF is because they are there to win it and not to get paid cash.[/quote]

Lucky to be there, Richmond were on the end of some very ordinary decisions Sat all in front of St. Virgils goals. Whoever wins this week will beat the saints..

Whoever wins this week will beat the saints..[/quote]

i think it is fair to say that the 3 best teams are left and should be a good grand final whoever makes it.

I'm not George, not at all. As i said i know a few of those blokes very well.

Is something they pride themselves on and is a major reason why they are in the GF - all the blokes there for the right reasons.

I'm not saying they all get paid but to say only 2 at the club do is wrong.

You can pay 3 including coach and 2 assistants and there would be at least 1-2 others getting something i would think.

At OHA last year we where accused of paying a number of players and i know for fact (on the committee) that it wasn't the case and they where there to play with mates and have some success, which is the main reason we did.

In the end i suppose only the clubs committee will ever know who and what they pay out.

In the end i suppose only the clubs committee will ever know who and what they pay out.[/quote]

Sometimes even the majority of the committee members dont know which players are getting paid or how many.....

Gee doesn't anyone associated with Uni in this thread start to jump up and down when someone mentions money or questioning their players abilities. If only all the fish in the ocean bit like you guys

Must be the pressure building though, wouldn't want to outlay all that cash and not make a grand final in either grade.

If you think the standard is so shithouse.. Why don't you take up umpiring yourself and do a better job..? I agree the standard of umpiring at Old Scholars seniors is not where it should be.. But just bitching about it won't help.. If anyone has a way to improve the umpiring in this comp.. Put it forward because the current level just isn't acceptable..

Would probably agree Mazey shouldn't be in.. But how can you justify calling Dunham a hack what have/haven't you seen him do that'd suggest that?
Mate read what i wrote there are little of no state league games same for the regional league, why do we have to have the ones who haven't got a clue and if your suggesting that i umpire at 58 years of age the whole thing is stuffed,
!!!!!!!!!!

Mate read what i wrote there are little of no state league games same for the regional league, why do we have to have the ones who haven't got a clue and if your suggesting that i umpire at 58 years of age the whole thing is stuffed,
!!!!!!!!!!

Surely they wouldn't appoint someone to a final that hasn't even umpired at senior level all year though? They can't be that brain dead up there could they? I didn't see the game so I don't know who umpired.. But god that's a shocking decision if the game was given to someone who has umpired lower levels all year.. And I think at 58 you've earned the right to sit back and watch..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back