Old Scholars

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'd be hard to leave out Wiggins & Kane Waller from Richmond out of that team, if you're picking on current form.

I'd agree with your team moogrot if those two were in ahead of Gray and penwright. And probably pat carroll from DOSA instead of bannister.

Heard a little bit about young parker signing with a premier league club this week?
any news on where?
Havent had a chance to see the kid play. hows he go? hows anyone think he'd go in the premier league??

With the players the Roosters had out, did they forget to replace them and played short??

OHA have had a few big wins against DOSA, but nothing EVER like that.

Bowering has been very, very handy.

the way i know the old scholars neva take to much into the roster season/dosa should have a full list next time OHA/DOSA meet should be interesting to see how things pan out

Heard a little bit about young parker signing with a premier league club this week?
any news on where?
Havent had a chance to see the kid play. hows he go? hows anyone think he'd go in the premier league??

very good player ; good leap,strong hands,good shot at goaland quick .I heard new norfolk is the front runner to get him but the pies are also interested. would hold his own in premier league.

who would be the best footballers in the last 10 to 15 years in the oldscholars] give names and reasons

Tuff to say, :The Honey brothers where consistantly good for years
:Andrew Johnstone was a fantastic player for many years with a great par of hands, Bear Sheen was probably the best ruckman for many years. :Adam Doren from Hutchins has been good for alot of years now.
Other worthy mentions :Snowny Loveluck and Jason Coad from Dosa, Adam Palfreyman.
Alot of good players have come and gone but of those who have played 150 games plus the above are some of my choices.

What would yours be Old Scholar?

yeah you would have to put a min game clause in ,so many good players who played a season or two .
Blokes like Wayne Bucket Olding, Sam Roberts, Liegh Bowden,Brian Thomas,Mick Bowden,were all good players who were around a while.
There is also blokes like shane fell ,blair brownless,chris reiwolt,john klug,scott adams,trent nicholls,nigel palfreyman,darren perry,jarrod read, rhys long,paul burnell shit i could go on forever but it does get you thinking .
The old scholars comp has been good for a while now and i think it will only get stronger if they go ahead with this statewide crap.
Id really like to see some sort of rep game,be interesting to see how competive they would be.

It'd be hard to leave out Wiggins & Kane Waller from Richmond out of that team, if you're picking on current form.

I'd agree with your team moogrot if those two were in ahead of Gray and penwright. And probably pat carroll from DOSA instead of bannister.

yep take that on board old scholar .Its so easy to forget when you havent got the full list infront of you. Waller is very good .But i like Bannister very good mark and can play anywhere.

who would be the best footballers in the last 10 to 15 years in the oldscholars] give names and reasons

I would have to say Jamie Harris is one of the best i have seen the Honey brothers are near inseprable Mick Bowden would be up there with Jason Coad Cat Palfreyman would have to get a mention Klugy you could go on for hours naming good players

Not bad rocket11 but id leave out loveless and rogers on this years form . i will have a think about it and put my side in but i think i would include davis ; Honey , Eagan ,.The problem is fitting them all in ,Garvey is fit and can play but by all reports Honey towelled up Probert last start. Might wait till the end of this weekend. Eagan and Barwin will go close to winning the assoc b&f.How do you think they would match up on a rep side from the regional comp?

I think it would be a cracking game the OSFA has some of the better players floating around you only have to look at burgess and creese both playing for tassie

"Richmond to beat OHA!"

I read the paper yesterday and straight away thought OHA would use the headline for motivation!

Must say I'm a bit surprised by Rocket11's side - 6 DOSA players in the 23, over a quarter of the side in their worst season in recent years!

Snowy Loveless? Interesting selection given he hasn't played for near 2 months my sources tell me! Perhaps it's an inside joke that one!

Surely St Virgils could get more than 3 in there? Don't ask me to name names as I don't follow the comp as closely as you guys but no doubt they're having a better season than DOSA!

Egan to go close to winning the Assoc B&F? Either that's a big call or Rocket11 doesn't rate him in the top 23?

Yell u wat Barge loveless would walk into any of Claremonts sides in the last 15 years Eagan is a very good player but has a lot of good players around him who help him out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont know what games you guys have seen but Wiggins would be a mile off making a rep side:thumbsdown: and Penright:thumbsu: solid onballer, great at the clearances great hands and massive engine on him. Waller good but hard to make decisions without the full teams in front of you -wait to the end of the year to get a good idea. Harris, Barwin and Cam Golding the best three players in the comp though!:)

any news on where?

The boy can play - quick off the mark, good kick for goal and has strong hands. Looks lightly framed but seems to get away with it. I reckon he would hold his own in that comp!

The boy can play - quick off the mark, good kick for goal and has strong hands. Looks lightly framed but seems to get away with it. I reckon he would hold his own in that comp!

He'll win mark of the year for sure. Played against him 2 years ago in the reserves and he took one of the highest marks I've ever seen. Took about 8 hangers that day.

I would have to say Jamie Harris is one of the best i have seen the Honey brothers are near inseprable Mick Bowden would be up there with Jason Coad Cat Palfreyman would have to get a mention Klugy you could go on for hours naming good players

Darren McConnon wasn't a bad player in his prime either.
Drury, Creese and Burgess have all proved that this level of competition is more than handy if you ask me..

Dont know what games you guys have seen but Wiggins would be a mile off making a rep side:thumbsdown: and Penright:thumbsu: solid onballer, great at the clearances great hands and massive engine on him. Waller good but hard to make decisions without the full teams in front of you -wait to the end of the year to get a good idea. Harris, Barwin and Cam Golding the best three players in the comp though!:)

In the best players 8 times out of 10 games, 17 goals while playing mostly in the ruck. Pretty much the only genuine ruckman in the team. I'd say that qualifies him for a spot in any rep team!

http://www.sportingpulse.com/team_i...S&pID=188801545&client=1-3900-0-67638-8022046

you only have to look at the finals that harriss has played in the last few years good players step up when it counts the most.

Jamie Harriss has been one of, if not the best skilled footballer going around in the old scholars competition for the last few years. Dosa has said numerous times (Grand Final 2-3 years ago) that they didnt rate him, so didnt tag him. He kicked 3 goals in the first quarter and 5 for the match, even after getting sqaushed by the big man...Pottsy Hartill.

I was sure that Pots had killed him!!!

Ended up winning the John Kenny medal and went straight to hospital after the game.

Its amazing, he still runs around free with no tag most games.

I reckon he gets tagged more then you think. i reckon the manner in which he gets his footy is near on untaggable. He has a good engine, good leg pace and mainly is a hand ball recieve player. It is pretty hard to Tag a bloke that won't stop running.

I reckon he gets tagged more then you think. i reckon the manner in which he gets his footy is near on untaggable. He has a good engine, good leg pace and mainly is a hand ball recieve player. It is pretty hard to Tag a bloke that won't stop running.

Thats a fair point. I tagged him a few times when i was playing for Friends (about 5 years ago), and he is near impossible to stop. He reads tha ball extremely well in stoppages, his team mates block well for him, and, as you said, he just does not stop running.

Jamie Harriss has been one of, if not the best skilled footballer going around in the old scholars competition for the last few years. Dosa has said numerous times (Grand Final 2-3 years ago) that they didnt rate him, so didnt tag him. He kicked 3 goals in the first quarter and 5 for the match, even after getting sqaushed by the big man...Pottsy Hartill.

I was sure that Pots had killed him!!!

Ended up winning the John Kenny medal and went straight to hospital after the game.

im sure they rated him . Just had no one who could hold him ,no one is that stupid not to rate the best midfielder in this comp .

Best player I have ever seen in Old scholars football is Nigel Palfreyman, not Adam, Richard or now Sam but Brisbane Bears Nigel till he did a knee in semi against DOSA, don't think he played again. He was unstoppable:)

Next best I have seen is Coad by 2 football fields, he wore number 5 and would have walked into almost any SWL team in late 90's but chose to stay at DOSA, pretty common up there so must have something going for it?? Matthew Queen played 2/3's of a season and walked out on DOSA couple weeks before finals, he went ok as well, cleaned up Tim Scott (playing wise) at OHA one day, pretty sure everyone was scared of him though, even the DOSA boys were a little gun shy at times:eek:

Tony Bailey or "Seal Pup" as he was known, Rod and Brian Thomas were up there and Micky Bowden. Mark 'Cheeky Chap" Young could play a bit too and Young Egan at Hutchins now is real special, could play devils if tried! Rogers is a player but poorly used by coaches over past few seasons. Robbie Gourlay went ok and Jason Frawley would be picked in anyones team in his prime, reads the ball so well.

Snowy Loveless hardest player and best captain in 20 years of an OSFA club, that guy could still get a kick after 10 years out of the game, fastest bloke on his knees over 10m in football and Rocket McConnon on the one day he was fit in his whole career was a genius! Matt and Rick Honey also worth mentions, Rick was an enigma and Matt could win games on his own!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back