Old Scholars

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
can anyone tell me if Warick Dawson is injured ? have not seen or heard much of him latley.

can anyone tell me if Warick Dawson is injured ? have not seen or heard much of him latley.

Waz has had trouble with both his hammies, will be back either this week or next - only played 1-2 games in the past 8

Trent Nicholls played with Richmont and St Virgils

Scott Allen Footscray/DOSA
John Klug Adelaide/OHA
Nigel Palfreyman Brisbane Bears/Hutchins

Honourable mention to Steven Byers who got drafted ahead of Chris Grant in the '88 draft, but never played a game :D

Also, someone may know but I seem to recall David Donato played a few games for DOSA one season prior to going to Clarence, then getting drafted to Fitzroy.

Ran into an old team mate of mine on Sat night who now plays with the Ships, was saying there was a cover of water sitting on the ground at Cadburys on Saturday when they tackled DOSA. And OHA still managed to win by 11 goals!

What is wrong with DOSA this year? Seem to have quite a good list but have copped a few hidings this year.

How are the players taking to Scott Allen this year? Talking to a few Roosters I know last year and they were telling me he is a, um, "different kind of Rooster"!

Ran into an old team mate of mine on Sat night who now plays with the Ships, was saying there was a cover of water sitting on the ground at Cadburys on Saturday when they tackled DOSA. And OHA still managed to win by 11 goals!

Scoreboard didn't really reflect the game. posession was probably 50/50, OHA just used the ball better going forward.

Scoreboard didn't really reflect the game. posession was probably 50/50, OHA just used the ball better going forward.

OHA had 32 scoring shots to 12 and for the most part dominated the game.
If you say possession was 50/50 I must have been at a different game.

What is wrong with DOSA this year? Seem to have quite a good list but have copped a few hidings this year.

How are the players taking to Scott Allen this year? Talking to a few Roosters I know last year and they were telling me he is a, um, "different kind of Rooster"!

Same old problem at DOSA, too fat and slow in the middle and rely on 1 or 2 stars to win the games. There real quality players are at the end or have finished, Coad for instance and the young guys are too interested in drinking. Club needs a wake up call!

Channel for Old Scholars???.....

I have heard from a good source that the OSFA would consider Channel joining if the Channel F.C thought it wanted to opt out of the SFL.

Discuss.

Re: Channel for Old Scholars???.....

I have heard from a good source that the OSFA would consider Channel joining if the Channel F.C thought it wanted to opt out of the SFL.

Discuss.
I know I may be unpopular, but I would really love a bye once every five weeks..
Get Channel in I say..

Discuss.

Here we go again...........The rumor mill has started albeight a bit earlier than normal.

Mr Duff.....this has been mentioned before, sorry old boy.....its OLD News!

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=231913&page=350

One thing I can tell you is that I haven't heard anything since the end of last year when they did discuss the proposal before deciding to stick with the regional league.

But if I do hear anything this week, I will let you know.......maybe......

Here we go again...........The rumor mill has started albeight a bit earlier than normal.

Mr Duff.....this has been mentioned before, sorry old boy.....its OLD News!

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=231913&page=350

One thing I can tell you is that I haven't heard anything since the end of last year when they did discuss the proposal before deciding to stick with the regional league.

But if I do hear anything this week, I will let you know.......maybe......
It was seriously considered last year, but was not followed through with mainly due to the fact if they did not have an under 17's side, they would have absolutely no chance of filling the senior sides. Also, the gap between the levels seems to be narrowing each year, s I don;t think it would fix anything...

Give the saints a couple more years, they'll be fine. It all runs in cycles, and they are doing well off-field, so they should get through it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mmmm went and had a look at this and 70/30 for mine, I think the Dosa boys were lucky the conditions were so bad, And bad they were, very poor drainage out there.

What :eek:

Oh and just to let you know, one of the "stars" you mention hasn't even played a game this year..

It's true. Their young "gun" KPD is always out on the piss. Wombat Allen needs to do something about that!

Same old problem at DOSA, too fat and slow in the middle and rely on 1 or 2 stars to win the games. There real quality players are at the end or have finished, Coad for instance and the young guys are too interested in drinking. Club needs a wake up call!

Would hardly call Nathan Abrahams and Pattie Carrol "Fat and Slow"

Would hardly call Nathan Abrahams and Pattie Carrol "Fat and Slow"

Point taken on those two and maybe a bloke called Claridge but why do they flogged in the guts every season? You cannot play Rogers and Harvey in every position or Honey for that matter so I stand by what I say. I rate Carrol very highly, apparently he was being chased by Glenorchy last season but went back to play with his mates and really should be playing SFL but at DOSA blood is thick and they are a real club.

I also stand by my comments about the grog being a factor and Scott Allen, can play but rarely does, yet another poor coaching appointment. Past 4 coaches, Brownless, Rick Honey, Perry, McConnon D and now Allen and how many premierships since Bowden?? 1. Should have stuck with Perry as non playing, at least they would have been forced to train with lamb chop, he is an old bloke but could still get more kicks than most of the DOSA onballers:eek:

Point taken on those two and maybe a bloke called Claridge but why do they flogged in the guts every season? You cannot play Rogers and Harvey in every position or Honey for that matter so I stand by what I say. I rate Carrol very highly, apparently he was being chased by Glenorchy last season but went back to play with his mates and really should be playing SFL but at DOSA blood is thick and they are a real club.

I also stand by my comments about the grog being a factor and Scott Allen, can play but rarely does, yet another poor coaching appointment. Past 4 coaches, Brownless, Rick Honey, Perry, McConnon D and now Allen and how many premierships since Bowden?? 1. Should have stuck with Perry as non playing, at least they would have been forced to train with lamb chop, he is an old bloke but could still get more kicks than most of the DOSA onballers:eek:

I can't really comment on previous years, but in my personal experience of the club so far alcohol isn't a factor and Scott Allen has been as solid a contributor as any.

Missing James Penright, Heath simms and brendan loveless would have to be a major contributing factor to a midfeild that got "flogged".

I know I may be unpopular..[\quote]

I think we can end that one there..

But in all seriousness on this DOSA topic.. Does this not happen to all teams at some stage? Good players getting old.. Young players not quite at that level yet.. Perhaps DOSA are underperforming, but once you get past their first few good players, it falls away pretty quickly from there. Which is no disrespect to those players, it's just hard to be up there year after year I assume..

But in all seriousness on this DOSA topic.. Does this not happen to all teams at some stage? Good players getting old.. Young players not quite at that level yet.. Perhaps DOSA are underperforming, but once you get past their first few good players, it falls away pretty quickly from there. Which is no disrespect to those players, it's just hard to be up there year after year I assume..

What I will say is where was DOSACHOKER last year or the year before that etc etc when DOSA were continually towards the top of the ladder. All of a sudden they aren't performing as well as they have in the past and they get berated.. Why?? Because they are successful? Or because the club is strong and generally doesn't have to "buy" players to win a premiership. Which may be the reason they haven't won one in a while.

Fact is, DOSA havent been able to put the same side on the park for 2 weeks in a row once this year.

Has an effect when there are reserve players swinging between both grades, and constantly playing out of position due to injuries and what not in both grades.

I think you will find a full strength DOSA would take it up to the well-paid men at OHA every day of the week.

What I will say is where was DOSACHOKER last year or the year before that etc etc when DOSA were continually towards the top of the ladder. All of a sudden they aren't performing as well as they have in the past and they get berated.. Why?? Because they are successful? Or because the club is strong and generally doesn't have to "buy" players to win a premiership. Which may be the reason they haven't won one in a while.

I have heard you're on a fair packet up there.. Does anybody know which players around clubs (including DOSA) are getting paid and how much?

I have heard you're on a fair packet up there.. Does anybody know which players around clubs (including DOSA) are getting paid and how much?

From what I've heard Richmond are the worst for paying players.. And they also have an uncanny knack of picking up players late in the season.. St Virgils and OHA this year have definitely lifted there salaries. Uni wouldn't have anyone good enough to pay and this year Hutchins probably have decreased their payments of players (maybe preparing for a big year next year).
DOSA probably pay the coaching staff and maybe 1 or 2 others.
The thing about DOSA is that players generally go to the club, rather than the club chasing the player..

Oh and I agree with Rowie09 as well..

Been around a bit and yes they have been up there but continually fall over in the last round. Get sucked into poor coaching selections and lack imaganitive game plan, get the ball and kick it to Honey/Rogers. Other posts talk about injury, look at them, how many DOSA players are kilo's overweight??? just a few:confused:

Penwright a great player but cannot run out a game in the middle and Allen never goes into the middle. Granted they really miss Loveless, best leader in history of OSFA:D and they miss Coad and a fit Rocket McConnon and a couple of others but really they just are not up to it and their position on the ladder a true reflection. OHA would smash em full list or not. The best thing this season is 5 teams can make the top 3, that is pretty good for a small comp;)

DOSA should plan for next season, each player should start doing extra sessions now and stop eating Pizza!:rolleyes:

how many DOSA players are kilo's overweight??? just a few:confused:

Uh, its Old Scholars footy mate, every second bloke in the league is overweight! But FWIW, DOSA actually lacks the true fatties tbh.

Penwright a great player but cannot run out a game in the middle

One of the more humerous posts i have read on bf for a while! Penwright would be in the top 3 fittest at the club, hands down.

Allen never goes into the middle.

Not sure why you would put a bloke capable of kicking 7 or 8 a game into the guts when youve got Carroll, Penwright, Abrahams holding the fort.

Granted they really miss Loveless, best leader in history of OSFA:D and they miss Coad and a fit Rocket McConnon and a couple of others.

So whats this? Probably 5 or 6 players, guns at that? Take OHA's or St Virgils 5 or 6 best out every week and they would struggle too ;)

each player should start doing extra sessions now and stop eating Pizza!:rolleyes:

Already been done ;) Seniors had an extra session on sunday after their poor show against OHA. You will see a different team against Hutchins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back