Old Scholars

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We won't see the Anzac Day game before the hammy goes I'm tipping!

true mate Wilbur has not played more than 4 games in a row in 5 years the hammy is a massive chance to go.

Did i see you tackling a pie or 3 outside the austins ferry shop this morning?

is the monts season over now bucket is out for the year?

also how is Shagga and Shauny Mac going this season?

Any truth to the rumour Wilbur's hammy problems have been caused by carrying the weight of his wallet all these years?

No no Geroge, no pies at the shop, I was passing by in an automobile en route to the North of the State, went up looking for Roorat but had no success finding him.

Dunno about their season being over but it certainly doesn't help. Don't worry, there's still a handful of sides who will be/would have been hard to beat even with Bucket in the side!

Shagga and S-Mac were quite servicable last week but I can't tell you how they went today as obviously wasn't there!

Any truth to the rumour Wilbur's hammy problems have been caused by carrying the weight of his wallet all these years?

No no Geroge, no pies at the shop, I was passing by in an automobile en route to the North of the State, went up looking for Roorat but had no success finding him.

Dunno about their season being over but it certainly doesn't help. Don't worry, there's still a handful of sides who will be/would have been hard to beat even with Bucket in the side!

Shagga and S-Mac were quite servicable last week but I can't tell you how they went today as obviously wasn't there!

Yes mate his wallet has been as full as Gordie Willis's sock (rest in peace old boy) still remember the call from gordie each week " 1 minute Rockie"

On a side note Wilbur must have read the paper last week he was on the track on thursday night for the first time in 2 years

Wilbur didn't queue jump into the 2's yesterday did he? The 10 or so that didn't get a game last week wouldn't be happy, even to miss out for a legend like Wilbur.:D

Interesting. Does anyone know the consequences for playing an uncleared player?? I assume we are referring to one of the SFL recruits, possibly from Brighton??

Interesting. Does anyone know the consequences for playing an uncleared player?? I assume we are referring to one of the SFL recruits, possibly from Brighton??

Not 100% sure but it usually results in the side losing the 4 points for the game the uncleared player played in (that's if it was a game they won)

OHA 180 Dosa 50 Sam Bowering 11 tally now 30 from 4 on target for 100.

Roosters had a few good players out but so did OHA not good sign for them.

OHA 180 Dosa 50 Sam Bowering 11 tally now 30 from 4 on target for 100.

Roosters had a few good players out but so did OHA not good sign for them.

With the players the Roosters had out, did they forget to replace them and played short??

OHA have had a few big wins against DOSA, but nothing EVER like that.

Bowering has been very, very handy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

good effort by OHA but it is early yet and it is not all that often that things go according to plan in the OSFA. Cannot remember OHA beating DOSA by any real margin for many years, that score was probably cumulatively about 5 seasons worth maybe more:cool:

Apparently DOSA had aheap out interstate so just picked whatever team they could muster without affecting their 2's too much. Matt Honey kicked a bag with a buggered back. I only take results seriously in the last round in the OSFA cos front runners often come crashing down in september:eek:

good effort by OHA but it is early yet and it is not all that often that things go according to plan in the OSFA. Cannot remember OHA beating DOSA by any real margin for many years, that score was probably cumulatively about 5 seasons worth maybe more:cool:

Apparently DOSA had aheap out interstate so just picked whatever team they could muster without affecting their 2's too much. Matt Honey kicked a bag with a buggered back. I only take results seriously in the last round in the OSFA cos front runners often come crashing down in september:eek:

If its so early why on earth would they be protecting there reserves, doesn't make much sense would have thought they would try and play there best avail in the 1's.
OHA had Some good players out as well, but very true only very early yet, Also DOSA would be right up there with front runners who fall over at the last hurdle especially the the big day in Sep.

Also DOSA would be right up there with front runners who fall over at the last hurdle especially the the big day in Sep.

yep no arguements there at all just this season it may happen sooner:confused:

good to see Scott Allen led by example and played out the game in the pocket:mad: no onballers other than Carroll of any note means a long year me thinks. Go Ships!

[
good to see Scott Allen led by example and played out the game in the pocket:mad: no onballers other than Carroll of any note means a long year me thinks. Go Ships![/quote]

Must admit i found that strange as well, you'd think the coach would put his hand up.

Also found it strange that Matt Honey and Rocket McConnon played in the 2's.

One of my sources, a former DOSA player to be precise, tells me Scott Allen has a selection policy that is if you cannot train on both Tuesday and Thursday night for any reason then you will not play Seniors that week!

May explain the inclusion of Honey, D McConnon and Rogers in the DOSA Reserves over the last few weeks.

Wonder what the Hobart Old Scholars ... sorry St Virgils think of the standard of the OSFA after their shellacking at the hands of Richmond?

Maybe they had a heap out too?!

Just for the record, can anyone tell me who DOSA were missing due to injury and unavailability?

One of my sources, a former DOSA player to be precise, tells me Scott Allen has a selection policy that is if you cannot train on both Tuesday and Thursday night for any reason then you will not play Seniors that week!

May explain the inclusion of Honey, D McConnon and Rogers in the DOSA Reserves over the last few weeks.

Wonder what the Hobart Old Scholars ... sorry St Virgils think of the standard of the OSFA after their shellacking at the hands of Richmond?

Maybe they had a heap out too?!

Just for the record, can anyone tell me who DOSA were missing due to injury and unavailability?

Harvey, Pennright and Abrahams.

Not sure who else.

OHA where missing Dillon, Dawson, Monks, J Marsland, Zakuras

others inj

Coad (long term apparently)and Ransley but I have heard that there were quite a few more, most names I am not familiar with and rumour has it Rogers is carrying an injury, not bad mover for an injured bloke going on last weeks game. OHA struggled to cover him early! Notice Sherman playing again, maybe their ruck problems will be alleviated with Ratcliffe only playing 2's. Apparently Kieren Dooley played a couple of weeks ago in the 2's, now there is a guy who could play in days gone by!

who next Olding, Jarvis, Payne, Azzopardi????

The Mercury today seems to suggest that OHA have a few injuries heading into the weekend,

Anyone know anything they'd like to share?:)

The Mercury today seems to suggest that OHA have a few injuries heading into the weekend,

Anyone know anything they'd like to share?:)

Not sure where that one came from but have less out than the week before. Still a few good players out but actually got a couple back this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back