Old Scholars

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
DOSA FC have announced Daniel (Milko) Lamont as senior coach for season 2010.

Any body can apparently coach these days, heard it was a total fxxk up on how it worked with the reserves at glenorchy this year. That came from several players I know. Also heard that with Ben Reid being re appointed at the pies, that a few players are considering leaving. Dont know of the reasons behind this... If anyone does please tell.

Also heard the other day that Ben Beams knee is not recovering well and has permanently retired. Can anyone from uni confirm this ?

WHO? Where is he from?

Daniel 'Milko' Lamont...actually used to play for DOSA, may have even played in the 99 (?) premiership there....

Played at DOSA after playing underage and a few reserves games at Glenorchy...one of the few DOSA blokes that actually went to Dominic (well, I think he did....).

Went back to Glenorchy a few years back and played in multiple reserves flags, then was appointed coach of the reserves....not sure if that was just by default because Reid stepped into the vacancy left by Newitt.

Average player at best.

Any body can apparently coach these days, heard it was a total fxxk up on how it worked with the reserves at glenorchy this year. That came from several players I know. Also heard that with Ben Reid being re appointed at the pies, that a few players are considering leaving. Dont know of the reasons behind this... If anyone does please tell.

Also heard the other day that Ben Beams knee is not recovering well and has permanently retired. Can anyone from uni confirm this ?

Beams WILL play next year!:thumbsu:

Daniel 'Milko' Lamont...actually used to play for DOSA, may have even played in the 99 (?) premiership there....

Played at DOSA after playing underage and a few reserves games at Glenorchy...one of the few DOSA blokes that actually went to Dominic (well, I think he did....).

Went back to Glenorchy a few years back and played in multiple reserves flags, then was appointed coach of the reserves....not sure if that was just by default because Reid stepped into the vacancy left by Newitt.

Average player at best.

Definately an interesting move by the club. I would think that Milko's appointment would not be purely centred around his playing/coaching ability. I would say that the club has an expectation/agreement that Milko will bring/attract other players to DOSA and this has been one of the main reasons for his signing.

Great to have an old DOSA boy back tho, I reckon his appointment will be a net positive :thumbsu:

Definately an interesting move by the club. I would think that Milko's appointment would not be purely centred around his playing/coaching ability. I would say that the club has an expectation/agreement that Milko will bring/attract other players to DOSA and this has been one of the main reasons for his signing.

Great to have an old DOSA boy back tho, I reckon his appointment will be a net positive :thumbsu:

Well OHA seems to be the place all the old Clarence players go to so with the appointment of Milko they'd be hoping all the old Glenorchy players go there with him. That'd make the DOSA vs OHA games interesting with the old Glenorchy/Clarence rivalry mixed in there

Well OHA seems to be the place all the old Clarence players go to so with the appointment of Milko they'd be hoping all the old Glenorchy players go there with him. That'd make the DOSA vs OHA games interesting with the old Glenorchy/Clarence rivalry mixed in there

OHA has already had the Clarence/Glenorchy rivalry covered internally in recent years with a decent number of former Glenorchy boys too...Bannister, Grace, Heenan, Garvey, Rogers, Klug all involved in 2009...and there has been many more in my time there. Made banter at training pretty amusing.

Yeah but will there big name recruits be there next year??? My mail says No! ????????

Your Mail must be have been delivered to the wrong address. J Dunham moving back to N/W coast. Only big name to be leaving very big loss but im sure the Bows will be looking to replace him.

Your Mail must be have been delivered to the wrong address. J Dunham moving back to N/W coast. Only big name to be leaving very big loss but im sure the Bows will be looking to replace him.

From what I have heard today it has been massive for the rainbows. Beams is definately playing, Mazey resigned on a multi year contract worth massive dollars, Gilmour staying on not as much as people may think, Tom James also a new addition. Rae close to signing. Former Glenorchy great Michael Styles reserves coach. 3 other new players signed also but cant find out who. Interesting................

From what I have heard today it has been massive for the rainbows. Beams is definately playing, Mazey resigned on a multi year contract worth massive dollars, Gilmour staying on not as much as people may think, Tom James also a new addition. Rae close to signing. Former Glenorchy great Michael Styles reserves coach. 3 other new players signed also but cant find out who. Interesting................
Chris Glenn from Glenorchy also a likely recruit. Nearly played last year.

Has anyone got any information on the latest recruits for any old scholar club?? have Dosa picked up many?? have richmond recruited?? Will the 'bows be there abouts again in 2010??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

have any of the clubs started pre-season training yet? i'm looking to play next year, unsure which club i would like to play with yet but am leaning towards st. virgils as it's the closest club to me.

have any of the clubs started pre-season training yet? i'm looking to play next year, unsure which club i would like to play with yet but am leaning towards st. virgils as it's the closest club to me.

OHA is as follows:

As many of you will have heard, Coaching appointments have been made for season 2010 with George Stirling taking the Senior coaching reigns, to be assisted by Jarrod Read and Daniel Archer. Michael Bannister will be looking after the Reserves.

As a Club, we're excited about our prospects for 2010 with the expectation that the majority of the 2009 list will be going around again, with the addition of George and some other players we're hoping to see come along as well.

George is keen to get the ball rolling so we'll be kicking off the pre-season with a light run, followed by a BBQ and a few beverages on Monday 16 November at 6pm. We'll meet at the clubrooms to go for a jog and no doubt Turbo and Barney will have the BBQ cooked by the time we get back.

Training up until Christmas will be on Monday and Thursday nights at 6pm. Mondays will be at Geilston Bay (on the soccer ground at the rear of the High School), with Thursdays locations varying, depending on what is planned for that night. George, Jarrod and Daniel will be putting together their plan next week, so locations for training will be published on the website, and emailed out as soon as we have them so you can get organised.

DOSA have a meet the coach and BBQ on Sunday the 15th, with obviously Daniel Lamont the new coach for 2010.

First training run will be at Dominic College on Tolosa Street on the 17th starting at 6pm.

All new and existing players welcome.

DOSA have a meet the coach and BBQ on Sunday the 15th, with obviously Daniel Lamont the new coach for 2010.

First training run will be at Dominic College on Tolosa Street on the 17th starting at 6pm.

All new and existing players welcome.

Any chance of grabbing a time and location for the meet and greet on the Sunday?

Just heard Uni starts training at the Uni rugby ground this wednesday 18th at 6.00,then every monday and wednesday until x-mas.Playing coach Ben Beams and ass. coach Alex Gilmour will be in attendence.

Just heard Uni starts training at the Uni rugby ground this wednesday 18th at 6.00,then every monday and wednesday until x-mas.Playing coach Ben Beams and ass. coach Alex Gilmour will be in attendence.
Rumour going around, playwin, that Uni have lost a number of influential players from their side from last year...can you confirm this?? :eek:

Rumour going around, playwin, that Uni have lost a number of influential players from their side from last year...can you confirm this?? :eek:Lost Dunham -Gone back home and Ray -Job in melb. But picked up Tom James (north hobart) and Beama will play as well as Mav(who played only a few games last year until injured-did kick 5 goals in one game against the saints playing in the middle).

what happend to Bernes as assistant?

Dunham and Rae will be a massive loss for uni and have heard that John Maze might be headed back to north hobart.

what happend to Bernes as assistant?

Dunham and Rae will be a massive loss for uni and have heard that John Maze might be headed back to north hobart.

Bernes still ass/bench coach spoke to him Sat, he also said Maze signed a month ago with Uni and they have signed T James and are expecting 2-3 Nth Hob and 3-4 Glenorchy players to commit in the next couple of weeks.

Banga is always on the money with these things;)

Old gripe i know, but with uni offering money (not necessarily that substantial, but more than a glenorchy senior game) to numerous glenorchy players - they would hope to get some signed or perhaps a wasted effort....?
How many players per team can get payed again..?

Old gripe i know, but with uni offering money (not necessarily that substantial, but more than a glenorchy senior game) to numerous glenorchy players - they would hope to get some signed or perhaps a wasted effort....?
How many players per team can get payed again..?

Three. This is getting ridiculous. It's about time the OSFA showed some balls and actually did something about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back