Old Scholars

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Beams has been cleared from Myrtleford to Uni. Not sure weather or not this means he is playing, but seems strange they would go to the trouble if he is not.

Also heard Rogers wasn't going to play against Dosa. A very good source from OHA told me that he is genuinely concerned that Dosa want to punch the shit out of him and that he doesn't think he has the support of the OHA players to back him up. (apparently his lack of training attendance, strange personality and assumption of senior selection has ruffled a few feathers with the players.) Not sure how much truth to him being scared, but funny all the same.

What a load of utter crap this statement is, personally i would love to see any one of the dosa boys punch the shit out of him,the boys should no the more fired up he gets the better he plays.
he cant train due to work commitments which always comes 1st,and the boys at oha realise that as should of the dosa boys.
mantis actually said to macca that he would start in the reserves because he cant train.

Total and utter crap - has been well received at OHA and will be playing next week and is right to go.

No doubt he will cop a bit from the Dosa boys but that is to be expected saying he is scared is laughable!

Making stuff like this up only makes you come across as a dic*head!

Obviously not as well received as you say considering it was one of your own that told me this. And I'm pretty sure I said concerned as opposed to scared. Fair difference in my eyes. In any case I hope he fires and helps make it back to back as i'll be 4 cartons better off.

Just having a look at the clearances and notice Rogers has not been cleared to OHA from DOSA.Does anyone know whats happening?thought he would have been cleared by now.

Just having a look at the clearances and notice Rogers has not been cleared to OHA from DOSA.Does anyone know whats happening?thought he would have been cleared by now.

Been cleared just done before clubs started using the sporting pulse website.

There is a number of clearances not listed for that reason.

Ok, I'll have a go, here is my first round picks.

OHA Vs DOSA OHA by 80
Hutchins Vs Channel The Beans by 40
ST Virgils Vs UNI UNI by 50

Can guarantee you it will be a very different looking, and less than full-strength DOSA senior side that runs out on Saturday, so expect anything.

Yeah i have heard that Harves is sticking to his guns and only playing the guys who have trained 4 time before xmas. There will be guys who are making there debut in the seniors this weekend that missed out on the reserves finals side last year. So expect OHA to pump the roosters by a big margin. !!!

Yeah i have heard that Harves is sticking to his guns and only playing the guys who have trained 4 time before xmas. There will be guys who are making there debut in the seniors this weekend that missed out on the reserves finals side last year. So expect OHA to pump the roosters by a big margin. !!!

The reserves should be an interesting clash then with OHA to field up to 7 senior players from last years premiership side that haven't trained enough for different reasons.

OHA taking a similar approach with players who have put the hard yards in at training getting a senior game first.

Great thing about this time of year is the unknown about all clubs and how they will fair

Sticking to his guns is one thing but how does this rule work for a player who may of only recently joined the club?? Could name two or three that personally i think would be certainties for the ones and if they play twos it's just plain stupid!! I'm not saying they would make the difference in any final score but last i checked you play to win, especially round 1 and a home game. This Saturday will be very interesting up at cadbury's me thinks;)

The reserves should be an interesting clash then with OHA to field up to 7 senior players from last years premiership side that haven't trained enough for different reasons.

OHA taking a similar approach with players who have put the hard yards in at training getting a senior game first.

Great thing about this time of year is the unknown about all clubs and how they will fair

Ah k. Will be two very interesting games then by the sounds of it!

Sticking to his guns is one thing but how does this rule work for a player who may of only recently joined the club?? Could name two or three that personally i think would be certainties for the ones and if they play twos it's just plain stupid!! I'm not saying they would make the difference in any final score but last i checked you play to win, especially round 1 and a home game. This Saturday will be very interesting up at cadbury's me thinks;)

I'm farely sure that Harves will not be playing there 3 new recruits in the seniors which i think would be pretty stupid. I know for a fact that if i was recruited to a club late and was made to start in the reserves I would be very very dirty. Whats Harves doing down there ??:mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm farely sure that Harves will not be playing there 3 new recruits in the seniors which i think would be pretty stupid. I know for a fact that if i was recruited to a club late and was made to start in the reserves I would be very very dirty. Whats Harves doing down there ??:mad:

Maybe he is doing what the club should have done 3/4 years ago and making the players accountable. Ben Beams has said in the Merc today how strong the comp will be, the OSFA is no longer a comp for guys who just want a kick. If you want to win you have to train and prepare to win, turning up 2/3 weeks before the start of the season, out of condition etc isn't really an excuse, maybe cooling ones heels in the 2's for a week or 2 will be better for the Roosters in the long run, after all it is about winning and sustainable winning, not just one season at a time

Maybe he is doing what the club should have done 3/4 years ago and making the players accountable. Ben Beams has said in the Merc today how strong the comp will be, the OSFA is no longer a comp for guys who just want a kick. If you want to win you have to train and prepare to win, turning up 2/3 weeks before the start of the season, out of condition etc isn't really an excuse, maybe cooling ones heels in the 2's for a week or 2 will be better for the Roosters in the long run, after all it is about winning and sustainable winning, not just one season at a time
Fair call, everyone worth their salt has had to do their pennance in the magoos, if you are any good, you play well and get promoted.If they are fair dinkum they would have been on the track before now.

Good to see the Mercury making an effort with today's write up of the Old Scholars:thumbsu: it made for a good read:thumbsu:

I'm happy to give credit when its earned, unlike last weeks p!ss poor write up of the Regionals:rolleyes:

Note an Ashley Coutts as a new recruit for Hutchins - is that the same Ashley Coutts that played for the Tamar Cats a fair few years back, also used to be on Geelongs player list before that as well?

Got cleaned up by Tod Spearman during a game as well if I can remember when Spearman was playing for Uni Mowbray.

Good post DC. Youre pretty much spot on the money, that is that DOSA want sustained success, and blokes who have earned their spot in the ones rather than the ring ins. And as you said, if the recruits are what they are cracked up to be, they will find themselves in the ones soon enough anyway.

Speaking of recruits, some solid pickups for the Roosters over the preseason that may have gone under the radar include Tim Erends (Glenorchy), Lachlan Quirk (Beaumaris, VAFA), Darren Gregg (Channel), Brady Pearton (Glenorchy), Chris Burns (Claremont), Shaun Fowle and Glenn Balmforth (Old Scotch) plus a couple of others.

Going on some of the coin I know guys are getting down at Snug, if Mantis had have been that way inclined he would've been on $10K+ at Channel! Obviously though, he wants to win a flag and that sure ain't gonna happen down there!

Wouldn't have thought DOSA have anyone for Mantis to be scared of! With DOSACHOKER regularly referring to their lack of leg speed, wouldn't have thought they'd have anyone to catch Rogers let alone whack him!

OHA premiers for mine, great inclusions Archer, Mantis and even an ageing Anthony Cole! Richmond always a threat and Uni coming from a long way back not without a show!

As for the poster who asked what's Channel's new coach like, Scott Webster is a good bloke and a very good player who if not shown respect will make many an OSFA player look silly! A first time coach, but then again all coaches were that in the beginning, weren't they!

Chris Burns a very handy addition for the Roosters. If he finds full fitness will run up and down Cadbury's Oval all day.

Barge's eagle eye noticed Alex Gilmour going to great lengths in the Mercury to cover up his Richmond training top!

How would ya feel - drafted by Richmond, given Kevin Bartlett's famed #29 guernsey, and playing in the Old Scholars at the age of approx 22!

Barge wouldn't do that! :p
lol you guys keep pumping up the tyres of the great one mantis ,name 1 quality player he has played on,or that has played on him,**** all,lets just wait and see how he playes saturday and the rest of this year,b4 you pump up his little tyres,cant wait till 2morrow to see the great 1 play ,thats if he playes,watch this space

lol you guys keep pumping up the tyres of the great one mantis ,name 1 quality player he has played on,or that has played on him,**** all,lets just wait and see how he playes saturday and the rest of this year,b4 you pump up his little tyres,cant wait till 2morrow to see the great 1 play ,thats if he playes,watch this space

gee let me see,sam bowering, adam palfreyman in the old scholars, and where do i start, he was 16 when he was playing seniors at glenorchy at full back and played on some of the best players to grace the game in the last ten years,plus you might not no but in 2000 essendon wanted to draft him as long as afew others but he declined, which yes he may regret.so u can make your own conclusions,and what woud your claim 2 fame be.im guessing nothing??

Going on some of the coin I know guys are getting down at Snug, if Mantis had have been that way inclined he would've been on $10K+ at Channel! Obviously though, he wants to win a flag and that sure ain't gonna happen down there!

Blokes on up to $250 a game down there, so they must have some fair players kicking aorund. Im expecting them to turn some heads!

Wouldn't have thought DOSA have anyone for Mantis to be scared of! With DOSACHOKER regularly referring to their lack of leg speed, wouldn't have thought they'd have anyone to catch Rogers let alone whack him!

Definately blokes at DOSA that can catch him, Matthew Scooter Scott would be one of the quickest blokes in the comp. And I would back a few to go toe to toe with him if the situation was ever to arise! :p

OHA premiers for mine, great inclusions Archer, Mantis and even an ageing Anthony Cole! Richmond always a threat and Uni coming from a long way back not without a show!

Gotta agree. Reading the squad in the paper today, they look strong across every line. Archer potentially the Old Scholars version of Derbyshire.

Chris Burns a very handy addition for the Roosters. If he finds full fitness will run up and down Cadbury's Oval all day.

Looks like quite the acquistion. Very tough and hard at it, great skills also. Have heard he dominated up at Claremont a couple of years ago.

Barge's eagle eye noticed Alex Gilmour going to great lengths in the Mercury to cover up his Richmond training top!

How would ya feel - drafted by Richmond, given Kevin Bartlett's famed #29 guernsey, and playing in the Old Scholars at the age of approx 22!

Heh. One suspects there is even more chapters to come in the book of Alex Gilmore :cool::eek:

gee let me see,sam bowering, adam palfreyman in the old scholars, and where do i start, he was 16 when he was playing seniors at glenorchy at full back and played on some of the best players to grace the game in the last ten years,plus you might not no but in 2000 essendon wanted to draft him as long as afew others but he declined, which yes he may regret.so u can make your own conclusions,and what woud your claim 2 fame be.im guessing nothing??
haha you tosser,adam is way way passed his best,sam bowering well mantis very rarely played on him and when he did sam i would have to say mostly out played mantis,hence sam is slow and much smarter than mantis i would have 2 say.and i had mentioned b4 back 10 years ago there still was no quality fullforwards i should know i was playing back then.and yes was very aware about mantis,being looked at to go to essendon,but was 2 scared to go.and my claim 2 fame is much much more than mantis will eva have.plus as a fullforward name a quality fullback that has played on him pls do if you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back