Player Watch Oleg Markov

Remove this Banner Ad

For now Nick is in the midfield. It was a good call from fly to bring Markov in the 22 after two sub appearances to allow Nick to replace De Goey in the midfield.

It will be interesting to see what happens when De Goey comes back because Nick wants to stay in the middle and has proven he can be a gun there but our backline has lost a fair bit without him there especially with the kick ins.
True although Markov has played many games now. With De Goey and Nick.
His running important to us.
Fly seems to love Oleg.
I'll go with whatever Fly thinks at the end of the day.
Hoping Edward can land a gig.

For now Nick is in the midfield. It was a good call from fly to bring Markov in the 22 after two sub appearances to allow Nick to replace De Goey in the midfield.

It will be interesting to see what happens when De Goey comes back because Nick wants to stay in the middle and has proven he can be a gun there but our backline has lost a fair bit without him there especially with the kick ins.
I think Nick will remain in the centre square and Pendles will go out of it.

Pendlebury can replace the composure and kicking skills Nick brings to the backline but he doesn’t have the same line breaking ability.
We can't replace Nick anywhere. Definitely lose a bit if he isn't shifting it out of defence, but I like him in the guts and moving forward.

We can't replace Nick anywhere. Definitely lose a bit if he isn't shifting it out of defence, but I like him in the guts and moving forward.
I think when De Goey and Sidebottom come back our midfield can afford to lose him more than our defence.

He’s a gun mid though so we really need to look at someone who can play his role in defence during the off season.

After having a stellar start to the season, Pendles legs seem to be going up and down on the spot a bit last couple of games. Oppo players cruising past him with the ball, and he looks a little rushed when he has it.

Obviously, he is still a very important player to us, and still has a bit of powder dry; showed that in the earlier games. But, he's slowing noticeably the old champ.

After having a stellar start to the season, Pendles legs seem to be going up and down on the spot a bit last couple of games. Oppo players cruising past him with the ball, and he looks a little rushed when he has it.

Obviously, he is still a very important player to us, and still has a bit of powder dry; showed that in the earlier games. But, he's slowing noticeably the old champ.

He had the most pressure acts on the field yesterday…

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He had the most pressure acts on the field yesterday…

And I am glad he did, look he still knows where to put himself and he knows when to go. Still a champion of the game and I love the guy. I guess I am just a little jolted by the inevitable, but can see a bit more tarnish on the usual polish these past couple of games.

And I am glad he did, look he still knows where to put himself and he knows when to go. Still a champion of the game and I love the guy. I guess I am just a little jolted by the inevitable, but can see a bit more tarnish on the usual polish these past couple of games.

Put away that little potty mouth of yours. Don’t talk about it.

I think he might be managed a bit during games. He is slowing down but I can't help feel he has a big September in him

He needs pace around him. The whole team needs it. De Goey in, McCreery not the sub, maybe Kreuger in for AJ… Pendles’ lack of pace will be less easily exposed then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For a player whose supposed glaring weakness is his disposal, I genuinely can’t remember the last kick Oleg stuffed up.

His disposal efficiency in recent weeks:

90%, 83%, 100%, 81%, 100%, 87%

Despite some posters blithely suggesting it was, it was never about his disposal efficiency. It was about his kicking and his kicking efficiency.

R4 3 kicks - 0% efficiency
R5 7 kicks - 57% efficiency
R7 9 kicks - 55% efficiency
R8 5 kicks - 60% efficiency

And that's with the inherent latitude these efficiency stats allow. He's shown improvement in his kicking as the season has progressed but doesn't mean that early season concern wasn't justified.

Despite some posters blithely suggesting it was, it was never about his disposal efficiency. It was about his kicking and his kicking efficiency.

R4 3 kicks - 0% efficiency
R5 7 kicks - 57% efficiency
R7 9 kicks - 55% efficiency
R8 5 kicks - 60% efficiency

And that's with the inherent latitude these efficiency stats allow. He's shown improvement in his kicking as the season has progressed but doesn't mean that early season concern wasn't justified.
You've stated your dislike for him often.
Enjoy watching him play. Fly has no idea right?

You've stated your dislike for him often.
Enjoy watching him play. Fly has no idea right?

I have no feelings about him other than he's a listed Collingwood player and he has my full support. Anything else is purely what you've made up in your tiny little mind. Having my full support doesn't make him immune to criticism which is what I and others were doing when we were critical of his very poor early season kicking. Get over it.

I have no feelings about him other than he's a listed Collingwood player and he has my full support. Anything else is purely what you've made up in your tiny little mind. Having my full support doesn't make him immune to criticism which is what I and others were doing when we were critical of his very poor early season kicking. Get over it.
My mind is not small. He does not deserve any criticism.
Perhaps your mind needs a rejig.
Take it up with fly or the stats Manicpie posted earlier.

Potential defenders? Ryan at a guess. Richards at a guess. Noble, Quaynor, Crisp, Maynard who are already in the senior side all wouldn't be far off at a guess.
Ryan perhaps in the near future. Pretty stupid including Olegs current teammates though.
Richards Meh...

I think when De Goey and Sidebottom come back our midfield can afford to lose him more than our defence.

He’s a gun mid though so we really need to look at someone who can play his role in defence during the off season.

Suggestions? I can't think of too many.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Oleg Markov

Remove this Banner Ad

Back