Player Watch Oleg Markov

Remove this Banner Ad

He just suits our game to a tee and his field kicking has been great since his first match nerves had me wondering a bit.
I think you’re right, nerves seemed to be at play in his first couple of games. He was outstanding today, then again when you dominate the opposition like we did everyone looks good. Want to see how he goes when we are stretched.

OK, we have a problem. 3 pages into the Changes thread, the following has been concluded by one said poster:

'We need an extra tall for Carlton’s 3 talls up forward. For no real reason (somebody has to go )…. Markov out, Ruscoe in.
Markov becomes the sub.'

He has been provided a softish sort of landing as sub in this scenario, but, thoughts!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK, we have a problem. 3 pages into the Changes thread, the following has been concluded by one said poster:

'We need an extra tall for Carlton’s 3 talls up forward. For no real reason (somebody has to go )…. Markov out, Ruscoe in.
Markov becomes the sub.'

He has been provided a softish sort of landing as sub in this scenario, but, thoughts!
Good luck stacking your forward line with height Blues - it'll ping out of your forward line and up at our end in a flash.

I quite Ruscoe, but Bruzzy can play tall better than him anyway, so I don't see why we'd do that - if Frampton or Howe where fit, it'd be a valid argument.

I think you’re right, nerves seemed to be at play in his first couple of games. He was outstanding today, then again when you dominate the opposition like we did everyone looks good. Want to see how he goes when we are stretched.
We have already seen this in the Adelaide and Swans games.

Oleg is a great interviewee. It is easy to see he is happier than a pig in slop right now to be with the Magpies and his confidence is building with each week he is named in the lineup.

Our football club has so many inspiring player and coach stories which make you want them, even more so, to win the whole thing because they're trying to achieve their own big dreams while attempting to fulfill ours by winning a Premiereship. Oleg fits right in and he has become a joy to watch on defense.

He is an inspired player playing on a team which appears inspired for achieving something very special.

Peace!

He just suits our game to a tee and his field kicking has been great since his first match nerves had me wondering a bit.
first 2 games he overcooked his kicks a few times ..... that 'eagerness' appears to have settled now and hes hitting his targets with better frequency

his instincts to run and break lines suits the gameplan ..... a bargain pickup thats fitted in nicely (albeit through injuries to others but thats just nitpicking)

Markov becomes the sub.'

I wasn't talking about the changes for this week mate.
Last week and the week before and the week before. And so on. People just starting to see his value.

He seems like the happiest man in football. The way he bounds around the field and the way he reacts to our goals spreads that joy to me in the stands.

I suppose having to play for Gold Coast and then almost being a Carlton player before getting a last minute call up to Collingwood would make anyone deliriously happy.

He seems like the happiest man in football. The way he bounds around the field and the way he reacts to our goals spreads that joy to me in the stands.

I suppose having to play for Gold Coast and then almost being a Carlton player before getting a last minute call up to Collingwood would make anyone deliriously happy.
Just imagine being coached under Voss. Depressing.
Fly was his premiership coach at VFL level. They are close.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Oleg Markov

Remove this Banner Ad

Back