Player Watch Oleg Markov

Remove this Banner Ad

A few doubters on this bloke pre-season who have been conspicuously quiet of late!
I’m one of them.
He’s improved significantly.

His first 2 or 3 games he was doing the Chris Mayne stop and prop when he received the ball. Becoming a handbrake and stifling our run. Additionally his early disposal by foot was pretty questionable.

Hence ##markovcanfarkov

he’s learned the game plan and fixed those 2 problems.

He currently has a claim in our best 23. But I see him still as being in our bottom 6.

When Sidey, JDG, checkers, Bruzzy, McStay are all available, Oleg will be pressed.
Not because he’s playing badly, because he’s not.
But because others bring more.
He’s outlived Harrison this week. Bravo.

This bloke would be running around in the 2’s for the Blosers, the real ones not the ones they put out on an AFL ground, because of their stunted, probably non existent, development program.
It‘s akin to 1930 box brownie technology development whereas ours is modern age top of the line digital stuff.
Good on the upright man, taken his chances so far.

This bloke would be running around in the 2’s for the Blosers, the real ones not the ones they put out on an AFL ground, because of their stunted, probably non existent, development program.
It‘s akin to 1930 box brownie technology development whereas ours is modern age top of the line digital stuff.
Good on the upright man, taken his chances so far.
I think both he and Frampton, show what a difference it makes with proper player development and a good environment at a club. We seem to be getting the most out of these blokes. They're thriving at the Pies.

I think both he and Frampton, show what a difference it makes with proper player development and a good environment at a club. We seem to be getting the most out of these blokes. They're thriving at the Pies.
We’re living in a great time to be a Pies supporter.

I’m one of them.

His first 2 or 3 games he was doing the Chris Mayne stop and prop when he received the ball. Becoming a handbrake and stifling our run. Additionally his early disposal by foot was pretty questionable.

Hence ##markovcanfarkov

He currently has a claim in our best 23. But I see him still as being in our bottom 6.

When Sidey, JDG, checkers, Bruzzy, McStay are all available, Oleg will be pressed.
Unfortunately we will get more injuries so he may stay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m one of them.

Hence ##markovcanfarkov

Yep, this. The early season criticism was warranted. He’s since cleaned up his kicking, his 1v1 has improved, his marking has improved. Last 2 weeks we’ve even seen him using his pace which was rare prior to that. Still the 7th defender in the team.

He is becoming a cult hero

Was yelling out his name every possession whilst watching with the fam last night.

Clear to say I’m on board with the cult.

Been an astute pick up.

In fact all our recruits in Titch , Frampton , Hill and Markov are entrenched in the 22.

Mcstay will come good I’m sure

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Was wondering how they were going to replace Nick's role with his inevitable move to the midfield.

Hope Markov plays deep into September.
We're doing it with multiple players. Markov as an addition has great running power, then IQ and Noble are being more offensive. Quaynor in particular has upped his offensive game.

We did still have some trouble moving the ball out of defence and not sure I'm comfortable with Noble kick outs.

He’s such a character. Seems like the sort of person you want to be around. Happy and lifts your mood. Perfect fit for the culture at the club now.
I'd be happy if I ended up at Collingwood instead of Carlton too!! What a sliding doors moment for him!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Oleg Markov

Remove this Banner Ad

Back