Traded Ollie Henry - Traded to Geelong as part of a reported 3-way deal (details tbc)

Remove this Banner Ad

And ollie henry can be insurance too plus potentially more then just insurance.

thats better then a player who is now solely insurance.
So Ollie will play in the ruck??
Peripheral vision Grasshopper...
Insurance that cover a house/boat/car comprehensively is good insurance especially at a cheaper price i would've thought.
But up to those who pull the levers at the club.

I think the club might want Sav as the successor to Stanley. Someone who can take the centre bounce contest, then defer the ruck duties to Blitz, and drift down to CHB to free up Stewart or whoever can get loose.

He just needs a bit more development time in defence. He certainly has the athleticism and strength to emulate Stanley's game.
um you know that there is only 3 months difference in age between blicavs and stanley right? When stanley is retiring blicavs probably will too at the same time. Maybe delayed by 1 year max. There is no post stanley plan that still revolves around blicavs playing second ruck.

So Ollie will play in the ruck??
Peripheral vision Grasshopper...
Insurance that cover a house/boat/car comprehensively is good insurance especially at a cheaper price i would've thought.
But up to those who pull the levers at the club.
do we need extra insurance in the ruck? We currently have stanley, blicavs, ceglar, conway, neale, and jack henry who can all spend time in the ruck. And all but maybe j.henry would be ahead of sav. any extra insurance for the position is just a wasted resource. Its worthless.

henry is insurance up foward and probably back as well if trialled there. We currently have no insurance for the third foward role. None. And rohan is old and aging. He has no back up. We need insurance for that position now if not a permanent replacement.

ps. Can you stop with the childish name calling. It belittles your argument.

Since draft night it's all been Henry will come home, most supporters from Collingwood knew at about round 10 it was unlikely he was signing don't play the whole this just snuck up on us.

Mackie assumed Pies would take what was offered and didn't respect Collingwood and Wright he then went and traded a bunch of picks and said ohh this is the best we can offer now which guess what isn't our problem, we have been very clear from the start in what we wanted.

Collingwood have always got deals done and credit to Geelong they have aswell, this deal has been played out really bad from the start.
Why would the #mackattack respect Collingwood if they carry on with the sooks like this?

🙄

It's been said a few times now, so I don't expect you to understand this time, but here goes....

We rate the kid. We just don't have an immediate need for him.
Whereas you have an immediate need for the kid you draft in the first round of 2023 draft. Makes sense. He's 20. It's not about immediate impact.

Henry was barely a first when you drafted him. His value is now lower given he cant get a game with you.

serious question. Given you are paying a large part of grundys salary and melbourne are getting him on the cheap salary wise. Why arent you asking for atleast two first rounders for him?

i cant figure this out.
He was Pick 14 and only slid to 17 due to F&S, NGA, etc.

Pick 14 and Geelong offered 38 and now 25.

If you included F&S, NGA, etc. Pick 17 and Geelong offered 41 and now 28 (Ashcroft F&S, Davey Jnr F&S and Fletcher F&S).

So a 24 pick slide and now 11 pick slide from his draft rating.

Since draft night it's all been Henry will come home, most supporters from Collingwood knew at about round 10 it was unlikely he was signing don't play the whole this just snuck up on us.

Mackie assumed Pies would take what was offered and didn't respect Collingwood and Wright he then went and traded a bunch of picks and said ohh this is the best we can offer now which guess what isn't our problem, we have been very clear from the start in what we wanted.

Collingwood have always got deals done and credit to Geelong they have aswell, this deal has been played out really bad from the start.
He would have been waiting to see what happened with Hopper. He wouldn't have got a no from us, just a "wait and see". Same with Bruhn. If Hopper selected us he would probably be in a different position

Henry was barely a first when you drafted him. His value is now lower given he cant get a game with you.

serious question. Given you are paying a large part of grundys salary and melbourne are getting him on the cheap salary wise. Why arent you asking for atleast two first rounders for him?

i cant figure this out.

Sav worth 33 though which is unders according to Geelong supporters .... you're probably one of the Cat supporters who think Cooper Stephens is worth a first aswell.

In the end Pies have been clear from the start what was required, we haven't played funny buggers and Henry is a player we don't want to lose, I apologise that the club doesn't take the go home factor seriously with this request.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quite a few Cats fans have proposed something like this.

Seems to be Collingwood fans who are unhappy with it.

No from the start we have said a first round pick.

Trade that for a future first and bang we have a deal.

Sav worth 33 though which is unders according to Geelong supporters .... you're probably one of the Cat supporters who think Cooper Stephens is worth a first aswell.

In the end Pies have been clear from the start what was required, we haven't played funny buggers and Henry is a player we don't want to lose, I apologise that the club doesn't take the go home factor seriously with this request.
Uncontracted sav is worth zip. Nothing.

Sav is contracted though. as is stephens. he is only worth whatever the club wants to release him for. Henry is not contracted.

do we need extra insurance in the ruck? We currently have stanley, blicavs, ceglar, conway, neale, and jack henry who can all spend time in the ruck. And all but maybe j.henry would be ahead of sav. any extra insurance for the position is just a wasted resource. Its worthless.

henry is insurance up foward and probably back as well if trialled there. We currently have no insurance for the third foward role. None. And rohan is old and aging. He has no back up. We need insurance for that position now if not a permanent replacement.

ps. Can you stop with the childish name calling. It belittles your argument.
You are banking a lot on Neale and Conway being better than Sav in two years time.

Ceglar is the same age as Stanley and more injury prone.

We have a gap in the 24 - 29 age group without Sav.

I get you don't l rate him, but that doesn't mean we should throw all our chips in on three unproven players all under 21 years old, in positions that are arguably some of the most difficult to play on the field.

He still wouldn’t get to Geelong tho would he ?

With him being able to nominate salary terms theres a good chance he would get to 25 imo.

We can only go off what mackie publicly said which was that henry and his management approached them, not the other way around. He went as far as stating “we do not normally go knocking on doors of second year players to only tw years in the system” so make of that you will.

Let us know when you want us to get you back.

I want to come back.

See your honour. He approached us

It may be "pretty much much first value" in points but we don't need points.

First rounder or no deal.

Thats not going to happen because we dont have one available.
Like we did with clark i expect you will end up taking slightly less.

I think you seem to be unaware of henrys contract status. Its the pies that have to make the trade work.
Not if we are happy for him to walk if a deal is not done.

The side that will be pissed is Henry and his manager. Partly with Collingwood but also at Geelong for not offering up what was required. After all you had pick 18, Future 1st and probably 7. So plenty of options but Geelong obviously don't rate him despite what they have probably been saying to him for the last few years.

Don't use the word grooming. It makes you sound like an antivax qanon knob.

Fair enough, I misunderstood regarding him staying - but there is no chance he goes to the draft.

We have a beautiful region that is family friendly and an excellent junior development program. Of course kids grow up to love the place, and make lots of strong bonds and relationships. Is it any wonder Collingwood can't do the same? Sure, lots of kids at your disposal, but you sold your soul for the MCG - now kids from there get to play at your home ground with five or six other clubs. Worst decision your club ever made, really.

And the attraction to Melbourne then becomes about the money, so they go to the highest bidder. Or the scene, and they can get that with any club in Melbourne.

You're wrong about Clark. He showed much more in his first two years than Henry has, and if he hadn't hurt his shoulder so badly he would have come along a lot more while we had him. He played 18 games in the best defensive side in the comp in his first season, in a side that made the prelim. Henry was a fringe player in one of the worst forward lines in the comp.

It's brutal to hear, but that is the truth. And it's not to say that Henry won't be a better player, but Clark had the runs on the board by the time we traded him.
I don’t think us staying at Victoria Park would’ve assisted with player retention. I loved the place too but playing regularly in front of 80k is a far bigger selling point than training and playing in a place where the hot water barely worked

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Ollie Henry - Traded to Geelong as part of a reported 3-way deal (details tbc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back