Traded Ollie Henry - Traded to Geelong as part of a reported 3-way deal (details tbc)

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL Both??
1300 points? Pick 11?
Yeah Nah... Pick 25 is plenty for a bloke who couldn't solidify a spot in the team. See Exhibit A... J.Clark

AFL’s points curve… lol

Best you could trade those two picks for would be like 21.

Points thing is rubbish. "Worth pick 11" blah blah. Point is, it is not pick 11. We don't get a pick 11 pick.

Especially this year where there are tiers to this draft. Apart from WCE who clearly want WA talent, most clubs have said there are tiers even in the first round. Would say the Dogs trade their first for 25 and 33....they would laugh at you repeatedly. My club benefits from the points scale but it's the biggest load of horse dump ever produced. Highly overrates later picks.

Yep. They don't want to.

As it stands you've got 25, Sav and a future third to get Henry and the pick 7 deal done. If it's true that the AFL and GC agreed to a future 2nd for that deal to go ahead, Mackie has played brinkmanship and tried to box, Collingwood, GC and the AFL into a corner. Hubris and greed may cost him here, with Ollie Henry being the real loser.
Watch #mackattack land them all.

Pick 25 and 33 would work in the end.

We get to claim it as a win because we keep Pick 7 and F1.

Collingwood can twist it into "It's the equivalent of a first rounder" so they can claim they got the win.

Opposition supporters will melt, so both Pies and Cats fans can laugh at them.

Win-win all around.

Win for Cats
Loss for Pies

Majority Collingwood supporters are happy to let him walk as we know pick 25 which will be 28 wont get us anywhere near the type of future forward Henry will be.

Its a nothing pick in a shallow draft.

I just thought a team that knew he was coming home since draft night would have planned better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For all fellow points index haters check out the real deal:

Win for Cats
Loss for Pies

Majority Collingwood supporters are happy to let him walk as we know pick 25 which will be 28 wont get as anywhere near the type of future forward Henry will be.

I just thought a team that knew he was coming home since draft night would have planned better.
You've still got a bunch of potential trades in works, including possibly Mitchell and some fringe types.

25 + 33 combined would let you close all those deals out with no need to touch your existing picks or the Grundy pick.

Win for Cats
Loss for Pies

Majority Collingwood supporters are happy to let him walk as we know pick 25 which will be 28 wont get as anywhere near the type of future forward Henry will be.

Why do I have a bad feeling that somehow he ends at Geelong anyway as the Pies will take horrendous under. Just once can a team not gift wrap the Cats a player this trade period please.

Why do I have a bad feeling that somehow he ends at Geelong anyway as the Pies will take horrendous under. Just once can a team not gift wrap the Cats a player this trade period please.

It wouldn't shock me tbh.

You've still got a bunch of potential trades in works, including possibly Mitchell and some fringe types.

25 + 33 combined would let you close all those deals out with no need to touch your existing picks or the Grundy pick.

Will you guys pay $300k of the Mitchell contract as compensation if we take the pick that is not in the first round and use that for Micthell?

Jon Ralph is saying that's done. We snookered all three of the GC, AFL and now the Pies by offloading our F2 early days. It's all about wheeling and dealing.

That's fair enough. I just read a few people saying it'd be scuppered as a F3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Ollie Henry - Traded to Geelong as part of a reported 3-way deal (details tbc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back