Summer Olympic Sports in between Olympics thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

The 2 x 800m finals.

Claudia Hollingsworth almost got Sarah Morra with 50m or so to go, but couldn't get passed her and Morra just kicked away enough to put a 5m gap in that last 50m.

The TV shot it looked like Craig was a chance to catch the winner Ethipian General Berhanu Ayansa - what a great name - but this video from in the stand near the finish line, shows he never really closed that gap.

is Paula Radcliffe - she's actually been really really good.
She might be good with the analysis stuff of a race - better than Gail Devers or Dafne Schippers, which isn't hard too do, but as a caller of a race, she is shithouse.

"And she now comes around the bend and has a 5m gap on 2nd place ..." is poor calling when you only call the name of one or two of the 8 runners over a 22 second period.

I like her especially because of her pronunciation of names. Since she's fluent in German & French she is better than 99.9% of commentators in that regard.
well then she should pronounce them all during a race, not just call one or two names.

well then she should pronounce them all during a race, not just call one or two names.
"Heike Dreschler... gee that's a good sounding name"
B97QxYKBKUQ1d4bGMGLQ70ArmsGDxQmQbvLxjQDHTks.jpg

My bad I said Oz won 4 silvers and 1 bronze in the Friday night session in Lima. I forgot the bronze won in the 100m Hurdles by Delta Amidzovski to go with the gold she won a couple of days ago in the long jump. I had some streaming issues this morning and missed this race and the men's 110m hurdles

There were 2 finals in the morning session the 10,000m Race Walk for men and women, and 12 + the Decathlon last event in the evening sessions which means 32 events so far have been completed and 13 will be on Saturday night Lima time for 45 events in total.

There were 48 at the Olympics, missing here are the 3 marathons, men's and women's and mixed team race walking and 4 events have been substituted, the 20km walks are 10kms here, and the 10,000m dropped for 3,000m for both men's and women's.

OZ had 13 top 8 placings on Day 4 in Lima.

4th in men's 10,000m walk Beacroft, and 5th in women's 10,000m walk Griffin and then 11 placings in 8 of the 13 evening events;
Women's shot put 5th Beale and 7th Raikiwasa
Women's 800m 2nd Hollingsworth +
Men's 800m 2nd Craig
Men's High Jump 5th Hatfield
Women's Long Jump 3rd Amidzovski
Men's Long Jump 3rd McGroder
Women's 200m 2nd Lewis, 4th Milat
Men's 200m 2nd Gout, 6th Della Rocca

Hidden from athsSTATS post

In addition all four relay teams qualified - the only other time this happened was in 1996
Women4x100m 3rd 44.76 Philp, Inkster, Dodds, Stoilova
4x400m 1st 3:33.55 SB McAuliffe, Pasquali, Pollard, Gregorevic
Men4x100m 7th 39.80 Hasler, Newah-Jarfoi, McHugh, Sultana
4x400m 8th 3:08.99 SB Kilpatrick, Grundy, Debuara, Gilbert

Completely forgot to put up that Nina Kennedy had another victory in the Diamond League pole vault.

Just finished watching the DL. Hill finished 4th, looked like she really tried to stick with Kipyegon probably at the expense of her finish, she faded in the last 100m.

Boo hoo - this great World Juniors is nearly finished.

A good bunch of Aussies competing in finals today including gold medal hope Cam Myers & our four relay squads.

Go you good things!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Order I would've chosen was Stoilova/Milat/Inkster/Lewis.

Torrie hasn't run with the junior girls much as she's been on the senior team.

Inkster was late inclusion due to Scolyer's injury and our other girl Dodds must not be in good form.

Aussie boys also tried a totally new order for their team too and sadly Gout Gout started off too soon and cost us a medal.

Order I would've chosen was Stoilova/Milat/Inkster/Lewis.

Torrie hasn't run with the junior girls much as she's been on the senior team.

Inkster was late inclusion due to Scolyer's injury and our other girl Dodds must not be in good form.

Aussie boys also tried a totally new order for their team too and sadly Gout Gout started off too soon and cost us a medal.
Thought the boys ran brilliantly…until Gout took off too early. Good learning experience for him. I liked the order, it worked, and I think Gout would’ve run to bronze if he was settled and had a good chanegeover.

We blew two medals there. Shame.

Bummer Meyers couldnt hang on.

Might have pushed it too much in the back straight
Yes I think so. Still, what a great run.

Those relay races have left me a bit flat. The women losing 2nd, and the men leaving a bronze on the table after running so well for the first three legs.

Yanks too good in the girls 4x400.

I did wonder why we were so far ahead after 2 legs. Commentators said we our fastest up fromt, USA went the other way

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer Olympic Sports in between Olympics thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back