Betstar Champions Cup Om season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very physical game today at Tigerland. Plenty of opportunities for both sides to site opposing players as well. Spotfires and off ball stuff everywhere. Good old fashioned footy

Very physical game today at Tigerland. Plenty of opportunities for both sides to site opposing players as well. Spotfires and off ball stuff everywhere. Good old fashioned footy

Not sure constant blueing and off the ball stuff is what we want. I was just looking through photos on the Border Mail website...what was Chris Hyde doing with his hand in the opponents mouth?

Not sure constant blueing and off the ball stuff is what we want. I was just looking through photos on the Border Mail website...what was Chris Hyde doing with his hand in the opponents mouth?
Roota I was thinking the same thing as it had no reason to be there

Thanks, looks like a great side what does everyone think?
I'm surprised by maskymow. Anyone stiff to miss out?
To be serious for a time , raises the question of whether a club names players in various "great" teams , if they have very dubious social records. Even if a player won club b&f , played 200 games, but is a thug or wife beater, does he get in. Drug dealer , even rapist or murderer ?( any , not Maskymow ).
Then if done prison time , and released , ok to name as has done his sentence?
What crimes would disqualify a player ( if any)?
So , what social responsibility do clubs have , and where to draw the line in the sand.
One who comes to mind is Freddy Cook , for those old enough. Think he would have been the first to admit drugs ruined his life , and had his own set of keys for Beechworth at one stage. But this was post footy I think. But a crim. F.F for port team of the century?

Last edited:
To be serious for a time , raises the question of whether a club names players in various "great" teams , if they have very dubious social records. Even if a player won club b&f , played 200 games, but is a thug or wife beater, does he get in. Drug dealer , even rapist or murderer ?( any , not Maskymow ).
Then if done prison time , and released , ok to name as has done his sentence?
What crimes would disqualify a player ( if any)?
So , what social responsibility do clubs have , and where to draw the line in the sand.
One who comes to mind is Freddy Cook , for those old enough. Think he would have been the first to admit drugs ruined his life , and had his own set of keys for Beechworth at one stage. But this was post footy I think. But a crim. F.F for port team of the century?

I was only surprised that Mayskamow made the team due to the fact he played less then 30games. Nothing to do with he's life outside of football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apart from Albury the comp still has some big twists to play out.
If Lavi beat Yarra this weekend and Dogs beat Nth Albury then Dogs will be playing Yarra in Rd 18 for 5th spot.
If Yarra beat Lavi this weekend Wodonga could still claim 5th if they beat Yarra and Raiders beat Lavi in the last game.
3rd Spot is also up for grabs but it will be Raiders if they beat Lavi round 18.
Raiders could still hang on if they lost their last one in a tight one but would need to thrash Corowa this weekend and get a significant percentage boost. They would need Lavi to beat Yarra this weekend in a close match so that Lavi's percentage stays behind.
Lavi and Yarra could both get 3rd. The winner of this weeks match between them would be a game behind Raiders going into round 18. Yarra who have a huge percentage advantage on both of them would need to beat Lavi this weekend and then beat the Dogs while relying on Lavi to handle Raiders.
Lavi would need to beat Yarra this weekend and then possibly have to beat Raiders by enough to catch up 6-8%.
Wang are safe in top 3 as they have Corowa in round 18.
Lots of questions then come finals time. Will Prior be fit enough to have an impact for Lavi? Will Josh Porter come back for Wang? Will Filo return for Raiders? Albury have had lots of injuries this year but may have points issues with a full list. Who will be left out of their team? Can anyone get within 10 goals of Albury? Will the league play the GF at Albury to help them raise some much needed funds?

Apart from Albury the comp still has some big twists to play out.
If Lavi beat Yarra this weekend and Dogs beat Nth Albury then Dogs will be playing Yarra in Rd 18 for 5th spot.
If Yarra beat Lavi this weekend Wodonga could still claim 5th if they beat Yarra and Raiders beat Lavi in the last game.
3rd Spot is also up for grabs but it will be Raiders if they beat Lavi round 18.
Raiders could still hang on if they lost their last one in a tight one but would need to thrash Corowa this weekend and get a significant percentage boost. They would need Lavi to beat Yarra this weekend in a close match so that Lavi's percentage stays behind.
Lavi and Yarra could both get 3rd. The winner of this weeks match between them would be a game behind Raiders going into round 18. Yarra who have a huge percentage advantage on both of them would need to beat Lavi this weekend and then beat the Dogs while relying on Lavi to handle Raiders.
Lavi would need to beat Yarra this weekend and then possibly have to beat Raiders by enough to catch up 6-8%.
Wang are safe in top 3 as they have Corowa in round 18.
Lots of questions then come finals time. Will Prior be fit enough to have an impact for Lavi? Will Josh Porter come back for Wang? Will Filo return for Raiders? Albury have had lots of injuries this year but may have points issues with a full list. Who will be left out of their team? Can anyone get within 10 goals of Albury? Will the league play the GF at Albury to help them raise some much needed funds?

I hope they get rolled cannot see it happening though.
If the Tigers weren't in the competition it was be a very even 6 sides

Does anyone think anything will change with the O&M if Corowa/Nth continue to really struggle. I hope they improve dramatically but it just seems it's the same old story. Does the comp need a big shake up?

Yes it does need a shake up. Kids from the bush aren't interested any more unless they get paid over the odds. The appeal of the O&M no longer exists as it used to.

Matt Kelly gets one week for genuinely going for the ball, making low contact with the head.
My verdict - rubbish
Josh Lloyd one week, no eyes on the ball, made a choice to hit high while a player had he's head over the pill.I can't believe he got the same length of time as Kelly.

Then we have Leslie (obviously different incidents to compare) but is accused of allegedly kicking a bloke in the head a number of times & only gets two weeks.

Looks to be very inconsistent to me

Matt Kelly gets one week for genuinely going for the ball, making low contact with the head.
My verdict - rubbish
Josh Lloyd one week, no eyes on the ball, made a choice to hit high while a player had he's head over the pill.I can't believe he got the same length of time as Kelly.

Then we have Leslie (obviously different incidents to compare) but is accused of allegedly kicking a bloke in the head a number of times & only gets two weeks.

Looks to be very inconsistent to me

Should of got 10. About time he got what he deserved. I admire him for sticking through the good & bad times with North Albury, and he is an absolute gun player, however kicking a player in the head is just not on. There have been various reports filed and nothing has happened. It seems as if the ol' fella is becoming reckless.

Should of got 10. About time he got what he deserved. I admire him for sticking through the good & bad times with North Albury, and he is an absolute gun player, however kicking a player in the head is just not on. There have been various reports filed and nothing has happened. It seems as if the ol' fella is becoming reckless.
Various reports filed by one club? He has never once been suspended for rough conduct, striking etc in 280 odd games in the league. Everyone with half a brain can see the o and m tribunal is a joke, both witnesses (family) stories are different, jays story is again different and if you watch the video can clearly see that what he said happened clearly did not. There is a reason nothing came out of the investigation, there is a reason that nothing is on the video, because he didn't kick anyone in the head. Holes everywhere. Disgraceful on the part of the tribunal and on the part of Corowa.

Various reports filed by one club? He has never once been suspended for rough conduct, striking etc in 280 odd games in the league. Everyone with half a brain can see the o and m tribunal is a joke, both witnesses (family) stories are different, jays story is again different and if you watch the video can clearly see that what he said happened clearly did not. There is a reason nothing came out of the investigation, there is a reason that nothing is on the video, because he didn't kick anyone in the head. Holes everywhere. Disgraceful on the part of the tribunal and on the part of Corowa.
Something did come out of the investigation. It doesn't get to the tribunal unless the investigation recommends that course of action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back