Betstar Champions Cup Om season 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You don't think Albury wouldn't be doing every year.
I agree they do the same thing. Their premierships have been loaded with players who came from other O&M Clubs.
I just don’t like the tactic at all but I particularly don’t like leaving a club and trying to take that clubs players with you.

I agree they do the same thing. Their premierships have been loaded with players who came from other O&M Clubs.
I just don’t like the tactic at all but I particularly don’t like leaving a club and trying to take that clubs players with you.
What do you mean by loaded? This year they had 2 who have come from other clubs - Mackie and Heta. Mackie has been there 10 years and actually played Juniors at Albury and Heta came because his partner is Rod Coelli's (coached and won a Morris Medal at Albury) daughter. I'd reckon every other club nearly would have more than 2 who have played elsewhere.

What do you mean by loaded? This year they had 2 who have come from other clubs - Mackie and Heta. Mackie has been there 10 years and actually played Juniors at Albury and Heta came because his partner is Rod Coelli's (coached and won a Morris Medal at Albury) daughter. I'd reckon every other club nearly would have more than 2 who have played elsewhere.

I think his talking more about their past premierships dating back to 2009

Paul Hallandale, Travis McLean, Dean Heta, Joel Mackie, Michael Thompson, Andrew Harrison & Ricky Allen (from Benalla at the time), Lonnie Hampton, Mark Duryea, Anthony Foubister, Shaun Daly, Andy Carey, Justin Carey, Luke Carroll. I can’t recall if Matt Shir played in a flag or not but he was recruited from another club as well. I also have a feeling that Luke Packer played 3rds for Corowa. Might be wrong though. Apologies if I missed anyone.
That’s what I meant by loaded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paul Hallandale, Travis McLean, Dean Heta, Joel Mackie, Michael Thompson, Andrew Harrison & Ricky Allen (from Benalla at the time), Lonnie Hampton, Mark Duryea, Anthony Foubister, Shaun Daly, Andy Carey, Justin Carey, Luke Carroll. I can’t recall if Matt Shir played in a flag or not but he was recruited from another club as well. I also have a feeling that Luke Packer played 3rds for Corowa. Might be wrong though. Apologies if I missed anyone.
That’s what I meant by loaded.
That's called recruiting. Every club does it. Some just do it better than others.

I’m fairness Raiders are probably the worst club to poach players from other clubs, solid track record of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back