Betstar Champions Cup OM season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m looking forward to checking out the Castles and Cupido combo, Castles has been far and away the best forward in the tdfl for a fair while now, poor delivery in losing sides and still kicks 100 plus, hopefully he doesn’t back flip on the move.

It will be a good combo, he’s a gun and looks to he in the best nick he’s ever been in. Any clubs recruited out of Melbourne due to the comps being shut down?

It will be a good combo, he’s a gun and looks to he in the best nick he’s ever been in. Any clubs recruited out of Melbourne due to the comps being shut down?
Castles is a better player now than what he was in his mid 20s, and hasn’t really had any injury concerns. He barely had to get out of second gear in the tdfl, so should be fresh.
I think once the season is official there might be a little bit of movement.

Last edited:
Castles is a better player now than what he was in his mid 20s, and hasn’t really had any injury concerns. He barely had to get out of second gear in the tdfl, so should be fresh.
I think once the season is official there might be a little bit of movement.

I’m not questioning Trents talent for skill & I’m only making an observation from a distance but in the TDFL, he seemed to often kick bags of 8+ against Wod saints, wahgunyah, dederang, Beechworth & never against Kiewa, Thurgoona etc
He kicked probably 80+ goals a year Against the bottom half of the ladder

I’m not questioning Trents talent for skill & I’m only making an observation from a distance but in the TDFL, he seemed to often kick bags of 8+ against Wod saints, wahgunyah, dederang, Beechworth & never against Kiewa, Thurgoona etc
He kicked probably 80+ goals a year Against the bottom half of the ladder
All the big forwards capitalised against wahgunyah and the saints. Because they kick 16 or 17 against these sides it gets swept under the rug when they kick 5 or 6 against good sides. I’ve witnessed castles kick bags in losing games many times, and nearly every single game Yack won, he kicked that full margin himself. When his team are getting thumped and he kicks 2 or 3, he’ll often move up the ground a bit and take a lot of strong grabs, so the goal tally doesn’t always reflect his best highlights.
The question isn’t weather he’s up to the standard, it’s more, can Corowa even get the ball to him. Cupido will still take the best back, which helps him, because at this stage of their careers Trents a far better player.

So I read in todays BM that the rovers players would play this year for free, well I'm sick and tired of hearing how all these players will play for free because they love and miss footy how about you all play from now on for minimum payments if you love and miss footy so much prove to everyone that money is not the reason you love footy so much the proof will be in the pudding

So I read in todays BM that the rovers players would play this year for free, well I'm sick and tired of hearing how all these players will play for free because they love and miss footy how about you all play from now on for minimum payments if you love and miss footy so much prove to everyone that money is not the reason you love footy so much the proof will be in the pudding
so many people on here and other forums bashing players for taking player payments even if its base rate but you can't sit here and say at ages from 18-30 you weren't trying to pay off a house or provide for a young family and wouldn't take up the opportunity to in some cases double your weekly wage, you are kidding yourself if you wouldn't in their position. All footballers would play for free if everyone did which may happen this year but can't see it continuing in 2021.

so many people on here and other forums bashing players for taking player payments even if its base rate but you can't sit here and say at ages from 18-30 you weren't trying to pay off a house or provide for a young family and wouldn't take up the opportunity to in some cases double your weekly wage, you are kidding yourself if you wouldn't in their position. All footballers would play for free if everyone did which may happen this year but can't see it continuing in 2021.
Why should they get paid? Its leisure time, you wanna pay your house off quicker and support your family, then work more, or get a better job. Don’t bleed country footy clubs dry and then piss off when a bigger offer comes in. It’s kills struggling clubs who don’t have the salary cap to pay out.

And if they had of said they will only play if they get paid you’d be on here moaning about that. Lose lose no matter what players answer at the moment it seems. Would kill you to say “gee it’s great to see the players want to get back out there and put on a show and help out the local communities by getting out there for nothing”. Uncertain times for everyone, we all just want footy back so stop knocking people who are trying to do that.

Why should they get paid? Its leisure time, you wanna pay your house off quicker and support your family, then work more, or get a better job. Don’t bleed country footy clubs dry and then piss off when a bigger offer comes in. It’s kills struggling clubs who don’t have the salary cap to pay out.

Clark should be in the 2's anyway so he wont get paid anyway

Any current players on here? How do you guys feel about umpires taking a 20% cut? You think money got outta hand and a salary cap was issued because umpires needed a tandem to fit their cash in after a game?
What a low point for all involved, don’t you bloody complain about the lack of quality in the umpire ranks in years to come.

Any current players on here? How do you guys feel about umpires taking a 20% cut? You think money got outta hand and a salary cap was issued because umpires needed a tandem to fit their cash in after a game?
What a low point for all involved, don’t you bloody complain about the lack of quality in the umpire ranks in years to come.
Have you ever got anything positive

(Log in to remove this ad.)

umpiring in the o&m is already dreadful and has been for years, can't possibility lose any more quality if they did it for free.

umpiring in the o&m is already dreadful and has been for years, can't possibility lose any more quality if they did it for free.
We boast an umpire who has had offers to go the vfl.
So people feel this way, yet they cut their wage. Maybe some players could go with out their $300 pink boots and designer cardigans for a season, and focus on what’s important.

Absolute rubbish. Umpires are committed to providing not only umpiring a game to the best of their ability , but to the welfare of all involved. It should be remembered that O$M players are about D and E grade on the national level , yet umpires are expected to be AFL level.

Absolute rubbish. Umpires are committed to providing not only umpiring a game to the best of their ability , but to the welfare of all involved. It should be remembered that O$M players are about D and E grade on the national level , yet umpires are expected to be AFL level.

The fact is the umpiring is much like the players of the O&M, there are some very good umpires and some ordinary umpires and most sit in the middle.

There are some good players in the O&M and plenty of bloody ordinary players running around too.

Also umpiring is limited by locals, the umpires don’t get paid to drive up from Melbourne just to do a game! So you can’t expect consistency when drawing from a small pool.

But it’s funny because there was a tweet by 2AY last year rubbishing the umpires in a finals game and talking up others. Yet imo one of those they were praising is actually quite ordinary. But it’s a subjective thing.

Some people like umpires who let it go, others like umpires who pay every stupid little infringement or those who copy AFL and just pay HTB every contest.

As far as I’m concerned the best umpires aren’t even noticed. Commentators shouldn’t even know who individual umpires are and they should blend into the game.

The best comment on umpires I’ve heard was despite a fiery and close game, the coach said umpires must have been good because we never noticed them and there were no comments from the bench.

Big rumour! Brent Stanton (former Essendon player) linked to lavi, and a few Northern football league players linked to North Albury.
Supposedly the NFNL teams are doing permits for the year on the basis they return. Would be a very North thing to bring in players for the short term if it works out. Local blokes will have to miss out if they do it

First afl player tested positive, Victoria. Cases starting to influx a little, bloody annoying will probably end the footy down here if things don’t settle quickly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Betstar Champions Cup OM season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back