Betstar Champions Cup OM season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

From all reports the crowd at the Corowa -Rutherglen vs Wodonga was some 2800 ,, a huge crowd and must provide a nice boost to the clubs bank balance
Great day and a terrific game of footy , had to stock up more cans after halftime. Biggest crowd i've seen at Easter for a long time.

Last edited:
From all reports the crowd at the Corowa -Rutherglen vs Wodonga was some 2800 ,, a huge crowd and must provide a nice boost to the clubs bank balance
The supporters of both sides would have gone in big numbers hopeful of a win plus it was a brilliant day.

rovers v albury would have been similar if albury had more than 10 traveling supporters, still a healthy crowd for an unreal game, albury lucky to hold on with 7 scoring to 1 in the last quarter with 17 on the field for rovers

Huge crowd at Corowa with so many people on holidays going along to the game to get their fix of country footy. I was particularly interested in Corowa and their coach. Still fairly intense but not over the top as was rumoured to have occurred at Albury. Corowa played well and Goodwin certainly looks like a good recruit for them. Fair barney at half time too which saw many players get involved.

As for Wodonga, think it will be a long year but they seem to have a number of good younger looking types. Hopefully they can develop. Corowa should win a few games but they will be in the lower half of the ladder. Depth will also be a problem for both clubs and they will both be on the end of some large beltings from the stronger clubs.

Even at this early stage looking like Yarra and Raiders will miss. Both have been beaten convincingly in 8 point games against fellow contenders. Couple of pieces of information I got over the weekend from reliable sources- Raiders coach not overly popular with several high profile players, and Albury profile player got a 4-6 week injury in game. Wouldn't tell me who or what, so hopefully someone can find some more info. Dean Heta is also relocating to Melbourne through work and may only play due to points irregularly

Even at this early stage looking like Yarra and Raiders will miss. Both have been beaten convincingly in 8 point games against fellow contenders. Couple of pieces of information I got over the weekend from reliable sources- Raiders coach not overly popular with several high profile players, and Albury profile player got a 4-6 week injury in game. Wouldn't tell me who or what, so hopefully someone can find some more info. Dean Heta is also relocating to Melbourne through work and may only play due to points irregularly
dean heta isnt the player he once was, wouldn't be in there best side and yes yara have more upside than raiders but doesn't look ideal for either club

dean heta isnt the player he once was, wouldn't be in there best side and yes yara have more upside than raiders but doesn't look ideal for either club

Not sure if Yarra have more upside then raiders with wheeler and koopman now ruled out for the year.

Think raiders can still be a threat, they certainly won't be the only ones to cop a hiding from the pies this year.

Not sure if Yarra have more upside then raiders with wheeler and koopman now ruled out for the year.

Think raiders can still be a threat, they certainly won't be the only ones to cop a hiding from the pies this year.
I think you’re right. There is definitely a couple of gaps in the teams though. I have Corowa in a bracket with Dogs and Hoppers with Corowa being the best of the 3.
This week will tell the story as to whether Myrtleford are up there with Wangaratta and Albury.
I think Raiders are 5-6 goals better when Neagle plays and their game against Lavington this week will show where both Raiders and Lavi are. Lavi I think may have dropped a couple of rungs. The
Rovers are interesting. Remember their team is loaded with VFL players who should be on VFL Duty in a couple of weeks. They play Nth Albury this weekend which they could beat with their twos. I’m sure they would prefer to be playing one of the top sides while they are all available.

I think you’re right. There is definitely a couple of gaps in the teams though. I have Corowa in a bracket with Dogs and Hoppers with Corowa being the best of the 3.
This week will tell the story as to whether Myrtleford are up there with Wangaratta and Albury.
I think Raiders are 5-6 goals better when Neagle plays and their game against Lavington this week will show where both Raiders and Lavi are. Lavi I think may have dropped a couple of rungs. The
Rovers are interesting. Remember their team is loaded with VFL players who should be on VFL Duty in a couple of weeks. They play Nth Albury this weekend which they could beat with their twos. I’m sure they would prefer to be playing one of the top sides while they are all available.

Interesting. Which players will rovers lose from the weekends game once VFL starts??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting. Which players will rovers lose from the weekends game once VFL starts??
The Border Mail listed these players when they did the preview on Rovers.
Max Spencer, Nathan Cooper (Werribee), Charlie Thompson (Coburg), Sam Murray (Williamstown), Dylan Stone (Northern Bullants).

Max Spencer, Nathan Cooper (Werribee), Charlie Thompson (Coburg), Sam Murray (Williamstown), Dylan Stone (Northern Bullants).
How many of them played on the weekend? Off the top of my head still have Ed daymon, Raven Jolliffe, Todd Grayson to come in who didn’t play on the weekend? Not sure your point is valid sorry fruit. Exciting for the comp after 1 and a bit rounds Albury, 2 Wang sides and Myrt all looking the goods.

How many of them played on the weekend? Off the top of my head still have Ed daymon, Raven Jolliffe, Todd Grayson to come in who didn’t play on the weekend? Not sure your point is valid sorry fruit. Exciting for the comp after 1 and a bit rounds Albury, 2 Wang sides and Myrt all looking the goods.
Isn't Tyler roos aligned to North Melbourne vfl too?

only sam murray played against albury and he hasn't decided where he will play yet

Wang
Albury
Myrltford

Rovers
Lavi

Yarra
Raiders

Corowa
Bulldogs

north
not sure how you put rovers not next to albury when they were full strength and rovers didn't have their ruckman, their fullback/captain and d stone playing and nearly won with 17 players on the field in the last quarter.

Looking at myrtlefords pockets and emergencies they don't seem to have much depth in the side any major injuries or missing players?

not sure how you put rovers not next to albury when they were full strength and rovers didn't have their ruckman, their fullback/captain and d stone playing and nearly won with 17 players on the field in the last quarter.

Looking at myrtlefords pockets and emergencies they don't seem to have much depth in the side any major injuries or missing players?

Who is the ruckman and full-back?
Curious as to what was going on when the Rovers coach and Albury player came together during 3/4 time break.
Have we got a Chris Scott-Chris Fagan type incident

Who is the ruckman and full-back?
Curious as to what was going on when the Rovers coach and Albury player came together during 3/4 time break.
Have we got a Chris Scott-Chris Fagan type incident
Ed dayman and michael clark, wasn't aware of an incident but that's a weekly occurrence with creswell

Remove this Banner Ad

Betstar Champions Cup OM season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back