Betstar Champions Cup OM season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Just an outsider looking in at the league as a pies man, been following Reidy’s progress since retiring.

Why would the Magpies not deploy Reid across half back? He won a premiership at 21, was named as the AA CHB at 22. He made his calling in that role. I know it would be the very flashy and prize winning move to play him forward but Reid isn’t winning a goal kicking award at country level imo, he’s not a huge goal kicker. Teams will double and triple team him and the team itself will become too Reid focused because of his name and it won’t work, however he could easily dominate the air and by foot across half back.

I can see they also have Newton and Moore, surely that would suffice as forwards? Interesting strategy anyway . I would 100% sure up the backline with Reid across there.
Makes a lot of sense from a team perspective.

Personally I got it wrong. I thought Wang would be big winners. Rovers had some guns missing too.
Who saw the game?
Who was missing? Points would dictate who they could add to yesterday's side. Is there a quick way to see sides points used each week?

Who was missing? Points would dictate who they could add to yesterday's side. Is there a quick way to see sides points used each week?
I wasn’t there but heard Carpenter and Murray didn’t play and was there also a story in the Border Mail last week about another gun missing.

I'm pretty sure to get him to sign on, they would have swayed him on X amount of games and play fwd, the majority of the year, doesn't mean come grand final day, Reid may start at play chb (if they make it), but I'd expect him to play fwd most of the year

Let me try and understand what your saying.. Reid should do what he wants because of what he’s done in the past and it suits him. Not because it’s good for the team he’s currently playing for? Amazing.

Carpenter and murray didn't play, murray is worth 6 points so they would have to drop quality players to fit him back in, raven jollife played his first game back from a sulk fracture in the reserves, stu booth missed with concussion, and once fit I would think we would be seeing josh newton coming into the senior side later in the year, also players that played vfl nathan cooper, charlie thompson, max spencer, matt manteit and not sure what grayson is up to

if you go to the match results on the ovens and murray scoreboard page and go to the game you want to look at there is a bar with "match center" "selected teams" "player points" "comments" click player points

Looks and sounds like hes really enjoying his footy at rovers, you'd think his form would warrant being picked for north twos, what chance is he to get picked mid season

yes Southport in the NEAFL ...WAS A GOOD PLAYER AT THIS LEVEL BUT NOT A STAR ,,OBVIOUSLY HAS HAD A GREAT START TO THE YEAR IN THE COMP DOWN THERE.

Looks and sounds like hes really enjoying his footy at rovers, you'd think his form would warrant being picked for north twos, what chance is he to get picked mid season
wORD HAS IT UP HERE THAT HE HAD A BIT OF A BIG OPINION OF HIMSELF BECAUSE OF HIS SURNAME ,,, MAYBE , JUST MAYBE COACH CRESSWELL HAS KNOCKED THIS OUT OF HIM...

nth melb vfl did just get smacked by geelong so wouldn't be surprised if he gets a call up, if you watch him play his work rate off the ball is second to none an unbelievable runner

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Castles quote: “To be honest, I’m sick of dealing with clearance wrangles”

Has he ever thought about honouring a contract or just staying put for more than half a season? Could solve the clearance wrangling debacles.
He boasts that he didn’t get a $3000 sign on fee like Studpido did, yet Corowa paid Yack $5000 to release him. I don’t think he’s the sharpest thistle on Grandma’s rose bush.

Castles quote: “To be honest, I’m sick of dealing with clearance wrangles”

Has he ever thought about honouring a contract or just staying put for more than half a season? Could solve the clearance wrangling debacles.
He boasts that he didn’t get a $3000 sign on fee like Studpido did, yet Corowa paid Yack $5000 to release him. I don’t think he’s the sharpest thistle on Grandma’s rose bush.
That was the first thing I thought when I read his quote. Start honouring the commitments you make.
I heard Corowa paid $10k to get him cleared.

An updated ladder prediction. Lots has changed. The biggest being Yarrawonga who have been hard hit by injury.
Do any of the top clubs have points to play with? Is anyone still recruiting?

Wang
Albury
Rovers
Myrtleford
Lavington
Yarrawonga
Raiders
Corowa
Wodonga
Nth Albury

An updated ladder prediction. Lots has changed. The biggest being Yarrawonga who have been hard hit by injury.
Do any of the top clubs have points to play with? Is anyone still recruiting?

Wang
Albury
Rovers
Myrtleford
Lavington
Yarrawonga
Raiders
Corowa
Wodonga
Nth Albury

dont think you've paid attention to many scores so far

Albury
rovers
wang
myrtleford
lavy
raiders
yara
wodonga
corowa
nth

myrtleford must be hoping they're just in terrible form, only just getting over yarra and lavy with plenty of players out for them, the papers keep writing about how good sides find a way to win when playing poorly but thats meant to be against sides you're hoping to be on par with and they would be hoping to be in touch with albury and wang sides but I can see a side that lacks connection and is very slow offensively. I confident raiders side spells trouble at mcnamara reserve this week

also interested with what side wang pulls up with going to albury this week, with reid and newton out with precaution injuries last week would expect them both back

Remove this Banner Ad

Betstar Champions Cup OM season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back