Betstar Champions Cup OM season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

First time poster long time follower of all things football.
Really looking forward to an exciting and close year of O&M footy!
Myrtleford my tip with Lavi & Yarra running hot behind.
Has anyone else heard Raiders may be chasing a ruckman to get rid of Avard? Hasn’t trained yet and players don’t want to play with him from reports?

With Cressa recruiting so many players this year. Where does it leave rovers when he leaves at the end of this year. Will they be worst spot then 2 years ago.

With Cressa recruiting so many players this year. Where does it leave rovers when he leaves at the end of this year. Will they be worst spot then 2 years ago.

Where did you see he is leaving after this year? Wife is coaching netball and his young bloke in now playing at rovers I believe. Hard to be in a worse spot than 0-18

his on a 3 year deal, some may have said that after he left raiders they would go back to before he was there but they had a consistent year last year and look to be around the same place again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have said this before but relevant now that everyone is talking about Rovers. Won’t they have to leave 3 or 4 or more good players out each week to be under the points? It won’t be the one pointers that miss out.
That also begs the question as to why any kid from the bush would come into Rovers because the 2 or 3 points they are worth would mean they wouldn’t get a game.

I'm sure the ring ins from Sydney and Melbourne will all continue to play for the love of the club and the culture they've created. Not just for Cre$$well

And you are basing that they won’t return on what exactly? Their two Sydney recruits from last season in Cooper and McFadden have more than happily returned, as have their Melbourne based ones in Thompson and Spencer. Add to that Raven Jollife has elected to hang around when Raiders would have come hard at him, as has Nick Murray who travelled from Henty. I would say that they are doing something correct? I feel that many have also underestimated the class that is returned in the form of Hartwig, Ryan Stone, and Marklew. All one pointers?

And you are basing that they won’t return on what exactly? Their two Sydney recruits from last season in Cooper and McFadden have more than happily returned, as have their Melbourne based ones in Thompson and Spencer. Add to that Raven Jollife has elected to hang around when Raiders would have come hard at him, as has Nick Murray who travelled from Henty. I would say that they are doing something correct? I feel that many have also underestimated the class that is returned in the form of Hartwig, Ryan Stone, and Marklew. All one pointers?
I fully expect blokes to continue coming back whilst they're getting paid very well to play there. But relying heavily on players who apparently just froth the hume highway isn't sustainable. Say what you want about Albury and the vafa, if you want good players to buy in for the long haul you get them a good job in the town where they play

I have said this before but relevant now that everyone is talking about Rovers. Won’t they have to leave 3 or 4 or more good players out each week to be under the points? It won’t be the one pointers that miss out.
That also begs the question as to why any kid from the bush would come into Rovers because the 2 or 3 points they are worth would mean they wouldn’t get a game.
all these players wouldn't be under any illusion of what to expect, they would have been well aware of the circumstances before signing. Competition for spots in a senior side for 4-5 pointers and 1-2 pointers is better then having players expecting they can turn up and get a game week in week out

Raven jolliffe sticking around for the love of the club or is he sticking around for the $1400 a week he is getting??

so 7100 at the Tigers vs Magpies pre season game today at Wang... some 10 % lesser then last year .. ummh, what would the attendence be if the game were held at a completed Lavington Sportsground ,,, would predict at least 10000.

Seriously?

I’ll just put this out there so everyone can Cool there jets about raven joliffe he isn’t on $1400 a game. Word is he works for cress well and got a decent pay bump at work so he followed him to rovers. Something that the o&m should look into is how all the rovers players are on the books at the gateway hotel in Wangaratta who is there major sponsor. Word is they just get put on the books and don’t work at all there and still get there pay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Betstar Champions Cup OM season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back