Betstar Champions Cup OMFL 2024 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

They have had two games decided by 12 points and 3 points. Rovers won on Magpies ground and with less than a minute to go the Magpies were leading on the Rovers ground. Doesn’t seem like there is much of an advantage to either side. Play it in Wang.

Good chance their reserves and thirds could all line up with a bit of luck too.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

They have had two games decided by 12 points and 3 points. Rovers won on Magpies ground and with less than a minute to go the Magpies were leading on the Rovers ground. Doesn’t seem like there is much of an advantage to either side. Play it in Wang.
the 2 Wang sides have to get to the Grand Final yet and that means getting past one Yarrawonga .. so if Yarrawonga make it and imo they will ,, where do u play it then ,,, and the decision of the venue has to be delegated well before the Grand Final ... IMO , its been at Lavy for years ,, leave it there

the 2 Wang sides have to get to the Grand Final yet and that means getting past one Yarrawonga .. so if Yarrawonga make it and imo they will ,, where do u play it then ,,, and the decision of the venue has to be delegated well before the Grand Final ... IMO , its been at Lavy for years ,, leave it there
Yarra are vulnerable, only one key forward and lack of real leg speed through the middle, if you can take em on and play with dash and dare I'd think a few sides wouldn't be overawed coming up against them.

Yarra are vulnerable, only one key forward and lack of real leg speed through the middle, if you can take em on and play with dash and dare I'd think a few sides wouldn't be overawed coming up against them.
Who's going to take them on? Handled Rovers easily without Gibbons, Cam Wilson and Ryan Bruce... Get Ben Kennedy back after national champ/School duties.... Good luck beating them. Fothergill and Masters back in form after missing start of the year with injury. Dan Howe starting to hit his straps after having shingles at the start of the season. Any other side in the league would struggle with the outs Yarrawonga have had so far this year yet Yarra are sitting pretty on top.

What I read was it’s more to do with the first final not the GF as that will be held at Lavi without doubt as it’s pre booked and it’s a great venue.

I thought we were talking about any final in particular? Like a semi or qualifying final.
Personally think the GF should just stay at Lavi too.
End of the day, the games will be played wherever they are scheduled. Would be some sort of dreamland to try and get it to work for some sort of blockbuster day.
What I will say though, is both Wangaratta teams have sensational depth. Should both be contending for many more years yet

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Who's going to take them on? Handled Rovers easily without Gibbons, Cam Wilson and Ryan Bruce... Get Ben Kennedy back after national champ/School duties.... Good luck beating them. Fothergill and Masters back in form after missing start of the year with injury. Dan Howe starting to hit his straps after having shingles at the start of the season. Any other side in the league would struggle with the outs Yarrawonga have had so far this year yet Yarra are sitting pretty on top.
Well an under done Wang had you on toast early in the year. I'd think both Wang's sides would not be worried about yarra.

Masters is a star, but Howe will be tagging either murray, broomhead, or naish, add the fact he's somehow 5 points is a joke.

Rovers need another fwd option, but yarra would be worried about if wang get a full side on the park. Rovers pace if it's a warm day will trouble yarra, especially obrien.

I think albury miss, and lavy just, both sides would nearly win the flag, in any other league than Geelong

Who does Murray have as Assistants at Rovers?
Apart from Geoff of Course
I think from what I have seen he has Boyd as on field assistant and I think I noticed Kyle Raven and Josh Naish sitting up in the box on Sunday. I know Naish is pretty highly regarded and was Cressa’s right hand man when he was at the nest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well an under done Wang had you on toast early in the year. I'd think both Wang's sides would not be worried about yarra.

Masters is a star, but Howe will be tagging either murray, broomhead, or naish, add the fact he's somehow 5 points is a joke.

Rovers need another fwd option, but yarra would be worried about if wang get a full side on the park. Rovers pace if it's a warm day will trouble yarra, especially obrien.

I think albury miss, and lavy just, both sides would nearly win the flag, in any other league than Geelong
Well YTD Yarrawonga have a percentage some 30 % above the nearest side,,, look at their week to week results and Yarras are much better then any other side. Wangaratta have come good after a slow start and the Rovers are up there,
Whilst its stock standard to try and nullify each teams best players it doesnt mean a side will win as its the rest of the lesser quality players that have the desire and play to game plane that will still win a side the big games. So stop looking at the big guns only ,, look at the big picture as they say

Agree he should be 1 point ;) Two junior best and fairests at Yarrawonga don't seem to matter... Yes I'm aware of the rules but still seems crazy someone who has played enough juniors at the club to win two under-age best and fairests has to have max points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Betstar Champions Cup OMFL 2024 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back