Autopsy OMG I only saw the last 5 mins but...We won!

Remove this Banner Ad

Gawd my head hurts. :)

Worth it though. What an awesome night. That win could be the galvanising experience that the team needs to launch into the season. Very winnable games coming up and all at the mighty G.

Was at Rockpool for my 40th, missed the entire thing but managed to sneak out and listen to the last 2 minutes, went back to my dinner in slightly better spirits.
Happy Birthday!:)

Pretty fair summary. I'd just like to add a couple:

Good:
Sinclair - Went at nearly 100%. Some of his passing under pressure had me wondering where all the criticism had come from over the years. Defended well. Took intercept marks. Really liked his game

Not so Good:

Marley - Some horrendous errors and his kicking in general was terrible
Grundy- Pantsed by Shaun Hampson. Winning goal a standout on what was a pretty poor night

I would love to see Cox given a chance and Grundy played as a forward/ruck. IMO it's worth the experiment if we are to improve as a side. Neither Witts or Grundy appear able to win hit outs.

They have a low threshold for pessimism?

(People can say what they will, point out flaws etc, each to their own; but it's the toxic nature at times, that I find amazing. I wonder do they treat their family, their close friends the same way? Up to them ofcourse, but just in my opinion it's a pretty miserable way to live. Just my opinion.)
I just don't see how people can watch last night, and come away from disappointed. At what point does a great game of footy (doesn't get much better than last night, high marks, frantic, last second goals) superseed what's considered a good brand of footy.

The commentators were a mess after the game because they had no idea how to approach the game

I just don't see how people can watch last night, and come away from disappointed. At what point does a great game of footy (doesn't get much better than last night, high marks, frantic, last second goals) superseed what's considered a good brand of footy.

The commentators were a mess after the game because they had no idea how to approach the game
True words.

Just a shout out to the weak pricks who left. I saw plenty leave when 3 goals was the difference. Even a couple at 2 and one family when 5 points. I'll tell you, you missed something special.. Suck a fat one bandwagoners

Plenty of empty seats behind the goals at city end. I thought that was the cheer squad area.

I'm someone who's been fairly critical of Fasolo in the past 2 years. Have to say I thought he was brilliant last night. Not just the goals but his work rate off the ball resulted in at least 2 other goals that I saw. On that basis for me he was BOG and I always think you should give credit where due. So great to see him (hopefully) maturing as a player and hopefully this gives him confidence going forward.

Very hard to not have man crush on Trelaor. Already love everything about him.

A week is a long time in football. Go Pies :)

What a great game to be at. Makes the trip to Sydney worthit.

Posters saying "We are playing sh*t", "what an ugly brand of football" seriously need to get over themselves. We just beat arguably our least favourite opponents atm by a point with a late goal and all you do is b*tch b*tch b*tch. Same repeat offenders every week.

This week was a million times better than last week. Don't just regurgitate the crap those idiot commentators say about the game. They are clueless and have repeatedly proven that. Tonight was everything that footy is about and the atmosphere at the end was the best it has been at any Collingwood game in the past 2 years, and that counts for something.

Our issue at the moment is our ruck. 1-10 hitouts to advantage at the half. They tripled us at hi touts at 3QT. Second week in a row our first string ruckman has struggled against backups. Everywhere else I have no issues. Forwards were great, mids came up big when they needed to, defence held up under pressure.

Awesome to see Reid back, was a great game, sad to see the same idiots on the game day thread let themselves down. You're not geniuses for being pessimists and creating a toxic environment on the board.

Well said.

Am i alone saying i didn't mind Clokes game. Rance was woefull for them who usually dominates (Clokes direct opponent). Cloke did a few nice things and worked hard. 1.3 isnt great but a lot were tough shots. I thought for a Bloke who has been in bad form he held his own.
I agree. He took some good clunks and seemed to work a lot harder than last week. In saying that, I remember vividly at least twice a Cloke tackle being broken like it was paper Mache by a much smaller Richmond player. Improvement is still improvement, however. Hopefully back on track to being close to his best.

A 92 point turn around, you can't complain about that.

Exactly what I was thinking! With all the cr@p Richmond supporters have been spouting, reminding us of that win last year and how great they are... I assume we can use the same logic to say that Richmond are 92 points worse than they were last year? :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just love the morning after the night before! Cant stop smiling.:D:D:D

Ben Reid, seriously good. I got no sense that he was tentative about his body, as I felt he was in the few games he managed in 2014 and 2015. In fact far from it, he through himself into the game, he was absolutely relishing being out there. Loves the jumper does Ben. Saw a lot of love for our club last night.

A highlight was Darcy Moore taking the free in the dying seconds. When the ball was hit deliberately over the line, he was leaping and jumping like a maniac on the boundary to convince the umpire to pay the free. Then those agonising seconds when he walked back and forth, back and forth, before lining up and kicking the ball beautifully to the top of the square. Such maturity.

A highlight was Darcy Moore taking the free in the dying seconds. When the ball was hit deliberately over the line, he was leaping and jumping like a maniac on the boundary to convince the umpire to pay the free. Then those agonising seconds when he walked back and forth, back and forth, before lining up and kicking the ball beautifully to the top of the square. Such maturity.
Can you imagine him after another pre-season?
He has some serious footy ability

Will be very interesting to see how long it takes to hit our straps, the previous couple of years we have played to our maximum very early then fallen away dramatically.
It is fair to say that we are a long way from our previous early season form at the moment, with 3 very winnable games coming up I would not be overly upset should we win all three ugly but show a little bit of improvement each week.
If we can slowly go through our gears as the season goes on so the graph steadily rises as far as performance goes then I think we have more of a chance of playing finals than the last 2 years.
One does hope though that this is not the standard we have seen in the first 2 weeks.

Sorry if it's been said earlier but is it just me or has Crisp gone missing in the first 2 games this year?

I know we have had a few passengers so far in Caff and Gault but you can least afford your mids going missing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy OMG I only saw the last 5 mins but...We won!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back