Autopsy OMG I only saw the last 5 mins but...We won!

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry if it's been said earlier but is it just me or has Crisp gone missing in the first 2 games this year?

I know we have had a few passengers so far in Caff and Gault but you can least afford your mids going missing.

He wasnt great in the pre season games either so its a bit worrying but I'm confident he will come good again.

Four points always makes the morning after much, much easier.

Fasolo and Treloar were both exceptional, Ben Reid is classes above his comrades in defence and it showed, Levi Greenwood was herculean in the last ten minutes and a major factor in getting us over the line.

As for the negatives, where do we start? So, so many problems all over the ground; Macaffer must be removed from the side as he's just totally ineffectual, Frost/Langdon/Williams are just so limited with the ball in hand, Grundy was poor up until the final term and Corey Gault.....no words.

De Goey and Crisp have really disappointed in the two opening rounds, expect better from two guys who should have improved with yet another pre-season under their belts.

Am i alone saying i didn't mind Clokes game. Rance was woefull for them who usually dominates (Clokes direct opponent). Cloke did a few nice things and worked hard. 1.3 isnt great but a lot were tough shots. I thought for a Bloke who has been in bad form he held his own.
There was one moment where Blair broke out, found Cloke on the wing and Blair was streaming inside fwd 50. All you needed was a straight pass and we would have a walk in goal. Instead he went for a set shot and missed. DeGoey nailed it from a similar position btw if I remember correctly

Sinclair was ****ing unbelievable, watching with a fair few WA blokes and their collective jaws nearly hit the floor when they asked me who it was in number 28 tearing it up on half back for us. He was incredible last night, second only to Fasolo so good on him.

I hate Frost, think he's ****ing useless but credit where credit's due, he had a good game last night.

Grundy was poor in there ruck for a lot of the game and I'm definitely on the Witts bandwagon for first ruck but f he's going to impact the game of footy like he did in the last contest in the forward.line then I'm happy to put up with a game like that. Clutch.

Moore is going to be a gem isn't he? Gun.

There was one moment where Blair broke out, found Cloke on the wing and Blair was streaming inside fwd 50. All you needed was a straight pass and we would have a walk in goal. Instead he went for a set shot and missed. DeGoey nailed it from a similar position btw if I remember correctly
Cloke should have passed that and when players don't they have to hit the goal. I did like his confidence in wanting to have take the shot though.

Richmond certainly can't complain about the deliberate out of bounds, not only was it there, but the ump also missed a second free to Fasolo. He was being held when Greenwood kicked it into the 50. Seen it clear as day from where I was sitting and screamed like a mad man when we didn't get it.
Yep was right in front of me so to speak. Rance was absolutely all over him

Stunning comeback last night, was brilliant jumping up and down with people I only know from the footy haha.
Showed real heart and never die attitude, but there are some really glaring weaknesses in the side.
Our kicking is so appalling that it's almost become funny, we really struggle to stop teams on the transition and they cut us up last night on more than one occasion, tackling which has been a strength isn't nearly good enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shows how much better we are with Reid in the Side
He is just a gem
His value is immeasurable.
Seriously he makes us better in a way few can (down back).
Just so cool, controlled, skilled....

What was his thing on some video thing they did last year (club website) where Reid says on a desert island he'd be the last survivor....

As an aside if it was a dessert island then Balme would win that one

One point!

What a difference one point or so makes.

Glorious day, sitting hear at the races with iPad and big footy. Joyous mood.
Watching the big races in Sydney. Just a great day.

Thanks Magpies

One point!

What a difference one point or so makes.

Glorious day, sitting hear at the races with iPad and big footy. Joyous mood.
Watching the big races in Sydney. Just a great day.

Thanks Magpies

2 less points we would be on the rails... they were already angling at it on TV saying no 0-2 side has won the flag this millenium.

Hi everyone, hope you're well. Sorry I haven't been on here iin the last six months - had cricket so it makes it hard to get on here but cricket season finished last weekend and I was lucky enough to be appointed to umpire a Grand Final.

As for last nights match - very disappointing from a Richmond point of view, how they lost that..stuffed if I know but credit to the Pies for hanging in there. Darcy Moore continues to impress me, he has presence and you don't often get that for such a young player, we may see Moore being a Coleman Medal winner in 3-5 years time, he reminds me of Jack Riewoldt - just taking pack marks and just fearless.

All the best for the rest of the season.

2 less points we would be on the rails... they were already angling at it on TV saying no 0-2 side has won the flag this millenium.
Yes this.
Ask St Kilda the value of a point.
That's pretty much all they've got

This is my mood right now. Listening to replays on 3AW. The last 5 seconds still give me goosebumps
You must realise by now how much I like the Trolloar thing.
I just find it so witty and amusing.

You are right, I'm on a (natural) high today

Oxley was surprisingly good! Didn't miss many targets and went for the tackle when he had to.
He cops a bit more Han is warranted.
DId ok.

Sinclair was ******* unbelievable, watching with a fair few WA blokes and their collective jaws nearly hit the floor when they asked me who it was in number 28 tearing it up on half back for us. He was incredible last night, second only to Fasolo so good on him.

I hate Frost, think he's ******* useless but credit where credit's due, he had a good game last night.

Grundy was poor in there ruck for a lot of the game and I'm definitely on the Witts bandwagon for first ruck but f he's going to impact the game of footy like he did in the last contest in the forward.line then I'm happy to put up with a game like that. Clutch.

Moore is going to be a gem isn't he? Gun.
I don't dislike Frost.
I just think he is limited.
But I respect how much he's got out of himself as a limited conveyance.
But for me, if everyone is up and about (and we are far from that) he's not close to best 22.

Hi everyone, hope you're well. Sorry I haven't been on here iin the last six months - had cricket so it makes it hard to get on here but cricket season finished last weekend and I was lucky enough to be appointed to umpire a Grand Final.

As for last nights match - very disappointing from a Richmond point of view, how they lost that..stuffed if I know but credit to the Pies for hanging in there. Darcy Moore continues to impress me, he has presence and you don't often get that for such a young player, we may see Moore being a Coleman Medal winner in 3-5 years time, he reminds me of Jack Riewoldt - just taking pack marks and just fearless.

All the best for the rest of the season.
Thanks for that. Truly a game that the Tigers lost. First qtr you should have put as away and we would have never caught up.
You got some easy decisions too( 2nd goal of Hunt,tackled high wtf??)
But most damning , you need a new captain. Cotchins presence is only seen on the stats sheet, his numbers don't matter.
Late in the game , after Riewoldt scored, I saw him calling the complete fwd line in a huddle. That is leadership.

Thanks for that. Truly a game that the Tigers lost. First qtr you should have put as away and we would have never caught up.
You got some easy decisions too( 2nd goal of Hunt,tackled high wtf??)
But most damning , you need a new captain. Cotchins presence is only seen on the stats sheet, his numbers don't matter.
Late in the game , after Riewoldt scored, I saw him calling the complete fwd line in a huddle. That is leadership.
Funny thing that first quarter we had something like 16 inside 50s
We didn't capitalise from our end either.
Funny game.
But walking away with a win, well I will take that

This is my mood right now. Listening to replays on 3AW. The last 5 seconds still give me goosebumps

Love your work PicaBoo

We need to savour those last five minutes and a win like that because they don't happen often.

Still got a smile on my face today :)

Funny thing that first quarter we had something like 16 inside 50s
We didn't capitalise from our end either.
Funny game.
But walking away with a win, well I will take that
Yeah, mentioned that in game thread. When we got into the fwd 50, we didn't do a thing with it and managed to stuff it up somehow. But the Tiggies had genuine scoring shots. Doesn't matter how many times you get in the fwd 50, when you get a shot,you have to nail them at least 50/50.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy OMG I only saw the last 5 mins but...We won!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back