Only disappointment for the day - 'New' themesong

Remove this Banner Ad

Kapil Hawk

Debutant
Sep 26, 2007
South Yarra
AFL Club
Hawthorn
What a marvellous day yesterday, great to be a part of the start of an era!!! So I don't want to winge too much but I thought the playing of the new theme song at the end of the game was average, it lacks the interlude and big brass and what was wrong with the old one anyway?? It was the only disappointment of the day for me

I tried to download the Hawthorn theme song on Itunes during the week and that was the only version I could find.

When I downloaded it I thought it was an old version. The 'original' version was played as the Hawks entered the the arena at the start.

I'm supprised more hasn't been made of it. Some Hawk fans I have spoken to didn't even notice the difference.

At the end of the day if we win the premiership they can play Achy Brachy Heart for all I care.

Go Hawks

Agree - it was bad (especially the new intro), but nowhere near as bad as the cover band at Glenferrie Oval today.
They were horrible.
Singer was off key, drummer out of time and the bass player didn't know the right notes to half the songs.
Plus it was way too loud and made it difficult for those tha hung around trying to watch the big screens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Only disappointment for the day - 'New' themesong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back