wolvesjr34

Club Legend
Apr 21, 2008
Launceston
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves
If I thought this would make any difference to the club itself or that it would even be read, I'd send it to them. Alas I don't really think I letter from a fan would be high in anybody's thoughts this time of year, so I thought I would just share my thoughts with you guys here at Big Footy.

This is my open letter to the Hawthorn Footy Club.

Hi guys,

I’m just a loyal fan from Tasmania who has been enjoying the season so far and whilst watching the Qualifying Final against the Western Bulldogs I was filled with immense pride and an intense hunger. I’ve been waiting a long time to see a team I believed capable of fulfilling my dream and the dreams of many other Hawthorn supporters. I believe I’ve now seen that team.

All season you have played with a hunger I haven’t seen in any Hawthorn side since I was old enough to understand the emotion behind football. I’ve seen a steely determination and a team first attitude that has led you to the verge of greatness. You’ve shown me this club is bigger than the individual heroics that thrill the football public – after all individual brilliance is only enhanced by complete team effort.

Only time will tell how far you will go this year; actually, only you will decide how far you go this year. I sincerely believe lessons have been learned from last year and that not one member of this club will get ahead of themselves as there is still a job to be done in a fortnights time. Leave the getting ahead of yourselves to us success starved fans; we’ll be more than happy to do that for you. Just focus on the next game, clear that hurdle and you will find yourselves on the biggest stage in the world. The MCG on Grand Final day. There will never be a greater experience for anybody of this great country.

I take nothing for granted in this life and I know that you don’t always get what you want, but sometimes things just feel right. This year, Hawthorn just feels right. Regardless of how anybody feels, it’s still going to take hard work, grit, determination, passion and execution to obtain the chance to play off on the greatest day of the year. I believe you can do it. Do the little things and the big things will come. Don’t forget the one percenters and focus on each individual contest; don’t look ahead as all you have is that moment. One moment in time can change the course of history so go that extra yard and put on the shepherd for your team mate; run hard to the next contest and give it your all.

Play for each other and whatever else may come, know that you can hold your head high and for what it’s worth, I believe in each and every one of you. I have no doubt you will do all us supporters proud.

Proud, Passionate and Paid Up
AJ

Send it in, you'll never know what will happen.

Could end up being like the 6yo sending his pocket money to keep Chris Grant at the Dogs...

:thumbsu:

Somehow I don't think I set the world on fire... but thanks for the comment.

I feel like I'm forever going to be a bigfooty noob - where nobody really responds to what I have to say. Oh well, I'll just look to the Hawks to bring me some comfort LOL

Thanks guys. I've emailed it to my one contact at the club and asked her to pass it on if she can.

I hope it helps, I guess knowing your fans are behind you can only ever help.

I just love this team so much, even when they frustrate me with silly losses.

The Hawks have given me reasons to smile through a tough year, so I just wanted to show them my appreciation.

Great letter and I'm guessing - pretty close to what a lot of us are thinking.....

"I believe in each and every one of you..." love it....

Gotta admit, Friday night was the first time, since the 80's - the attitude was "just rock up and play to win" and we will!....Awesome....

Now, unfinished business, lets knock off the winner of Pies V Saints and buckle in for the big one!

Good stuff wolves. I'm sure it echos the feelings of all supporters of this great club. It's been fantastic having the team in Tassie the last few years and seeing them grow to the point they are now. PRELIM FINAL BABY!!! Bring it on....

I noticed some fan letters on display when I did the Waverley Park tour and I'm sure writing of this quality has the potential to join it.

I haven't felt this way since 1991. Was speaking to a fellow hawk supporter at the London Tavern before the game (10 years younger than me) and said the aura has returned. He didn't quite get it but I told him back in '85 we smashed the dogs in the Qual final and would again tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great letter mate! Christ, it inspired me, and I don't even play! Really think motivational material like this will give us that extra 2 to 3 percent we may need. Which is why all us hawks supporters must get to as many games as possible, and cheer as loud as possible. Who knows, the whole hawthorn community may well contribute to us winning a flag!

Wow, that letter really got me fired up, great work mate! Exactly what i've been thinking lately!

Dear Hawks

I saw how shit we were in 2004 and I think you now owe me a premiership or 50. Will support you through thick and thin as I'm a hawk for life. You make the greyest day sunny.

MCCHawk

P.S- I have a man crush on Buddy

:p

LOL

Thansk for the laugh... who couldnt't love Buddy heehee

Great letter mate!

"One for all and all for one is the way we play at Hawthorn...teamwork is the thing that talks"....on-field and off-field, supporter, staff or player! "We love our club and we PLAY TO WIN!" More importantly, WE BELIEVE in the "mighty fighting Hawks" striving for a flag in 2008!

What a heartfelt and articulate written passage that is! I command you to send it into the club, it could honestly make a world of difference; the players need to know how the fans feel, its an important part of being successful!

I was advised it was passed on to the community department, so I do hope the team gets to have a squiz at it.

Pretty sure thats Greg Cook's department. Good bloke.

Should see if the boys (Adam / Richard - im looking at you) read this letter out during the upcoming Hawks Radio show on Thursday night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Open Letter to the Hawthorn Footy Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back