Open Letter to the Hawthorn Footy Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure thats Greg Cook's department. Good bloke.

Should see if the boys (Adam / Richard - im looking at you) read this letter out during the upcoming Hawks Radio show on Thursday night.

Well if they do, let me know as I don't get the chance to listen.

If I thought this would make any difference to the club itself or that it would even be read, I'd send it to them. Alas I don't really think I letter from a fan would be high in anybody's thoughts this time of year, so I thought I would just share my thoughts with you guys here at Big Footy.

This is my open letter to the Hawthorn Footy Club.

Hi guys,

I’m just a loyal fan from Tasmania who has been enjoying the season so far and whilst watching the Qualifying Final against the Western Bulldogs I was filled with immense pride and an intense hunger. I’ve been waiting a long time to see a team I believed capable of fulfilling my dream and the dreams of many other Hawthorn supporters. I believe I’ve now seen that team.

All season you have played with a hunger I haven’t seen in any Hawthorn side since I was old enough to understand the emotion behind football. I’ve seen a steely determination and a team first attitude that has led you to the verge of greatness. You’ve shown me this club is bigger than the individual heroics that thrill the football public – after all individual brilliance is only enhanced by complete team effort.

Only time will tell how far you will go this year; actually, only you will decide how far you go this year. I sincerely believe lessons have been learned from last year and that not one member of this club will get ahead of themselves as there is still a job to be done in a fortnights time. Leave the getting ahead of yourselves to us success starved fans; we’ll be more than happy to do that for you. Just focus on the next game, clear that hurdle and you will find yourselves on the biggest stage in the world. The MCG on Grand Final day. There will never be a greater experience for anybody of this great country.

I take nothing for granted in this life and I know that you don’t always get what you want, but sometimes things just feel right. This year, Hawthorn just feels right. Regardless of how anybody feels, it’s still going to take hard work, grit, determination, passion and execution to obtain the chance to play off on the greatest day of the year. I believe you can do it. Do the little things and the big things will come. Don’t forget the one percenters and focus on each individual contest; don’t look ahead as all you have is that moment. One moment in time can change the course of history so go that extra yard and put on the shepherd for your team mate; run hard to the next contest and give it your all.

Play for each other and whatever else may come, know that you can hold your head high and for what it’s worth, I believe in each and every one of you. I have no doubt you will do all us supporters proud.

Proud, Passionate and Paid Up
AJ

Well said. You would not be a coach by any chance?

Remove this Banner Ad

Open Letter to the Hawthorn Footy Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back