FTA-TV Open Mike

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Dal's was one of the worst. Mike's homework was poor and far too much time spent on the photos. Bloke played 300+ games FFS.
This show has always been about the scandals for 90% of the show, and a little recap of the career at the end

I thought Dal's was one of the worst. Mike's homework was poor and far too much time spent on the photos. Bloke played 300+ games FFS.

Yep.

Mike got himself in a terrible tangle on the photos questions, too. It was clear that (like everyone) he was fully aware of the photo of Dal Santo and exactly what it showed. And, if he hadn't been beforehand (which is hard to believe), he should have done that research before the interview in any case. And yet, he tortuously started trying to somehow make out that he only had a very vague idea of it - by concentrating on what he understood about the supposed positioning of Dal Santo's undies in the image (wtf?). But, by a few questions later, he was talking directly about his genitalia being shown in the photo. Hopeless.

There was one other slip which I assume went unnoticed by a lot of people too. Mike made a reference to 'our great mate', Nick Riewoldt. No good football journalist should be a "great mate" of any contemporary player, yet Mike let slip that pretty much the whole current football media is in love with Riewoldt. No wonder they never criticise him, and are never anything other than completely fawning in their coverage of him, then ... .

I enjoyed it, think mostly because I actually liked Dal as a player and now as a commentator. He also seems like a pretty decent bloke, could have easily played another year I reckon.

Yep.

Mike got himself in a terrible tangle on the photos questions, too. It was clear that (like everyone) he was fully aware of the photo of Dal Santo and exactly what it showed. And, if he hadn't been beforehand (which is hard to believe), he should have done that research before the interview in any case. And yet, he tortuously started trying to somehow make out that he only had a very vague idea of it - by concentrating on what he understood about the supposed positioning of Dal Santo's undies in the image (wtf?). But, by a few questions later, he was talking directly about his genitalia being shown in the photo. Hopeless.

There was one other slip which I assume went unnoticed by a lot of people too. Mike made a reference to 'our great mate', Nick Riewoldt. No good football journalist should be a "great mate" of any contemporary player, yet Mike let slip that pretty much the whole current football media is in love with Riewoldt. No wonder they never criticise him, and are never anything other than completely fawning in their coverage of him, then ... .

and so they should be.

and so they should be.

Excellent player, for the most part. But he is literally never criticised by about 99.9% of the media for a bad game, or even a mistake in the course of a game; that's just left completely unsaid. Every time. (They also never, ever, ever mention his atrocious performances every time he has lined up in a Grand Final.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I enjoyed it, think mostly because I actually liked Dal as a player and now as a commentator. He also seems like a pretty decent bloke, could have easily played another year I reckon.
Yeah this. Although not sure about the extra year. He looked fairly cooked to me towards the end of last year. Plus I don't think he was offered a spot at other clubs.

Thought it was one of the better recent ones TBH, NDS speaks very well and is pretty frank about himself, there have certainly been worse ones on there, although the ongoing mystery of sam gilbert and why he still had the photos will remain forever that. that said, mike's fixation with the photos is plain odd, he spent close to 6 minutes on that, ludicrous given NDS's overall career. half expected him to wheel kim duthie out at that point.

Thought it was one of the better recent ones TBH, NDS speaks very well and is pretty frank about himself, there have certainly been worse ones on there, although the ongoing mystery of sam gilbert and why he still had the photos will remain forever that. that said, mike's fixation with the photos is plain odd, he spent close to 6 minutes on that, ludicrous given NDS's overall career. half expected him to wheel kim duthie out at that point.

It was definitely watchable. Makes me think the Brent Harvey one would be a cracker because there were clearly hard feelings over his delisting, both of them were unimpressed with being delisted.

I've been on a few footy trips and holiday benders and not seen too many blokes get naked, and even if they did why would you take a photo. All seems a bit sus.

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV Open Mike

Remove this Banner Ad

Back