FTA-TV Open Mike

Remove this Banner Ad

That was great. One of the best I've seen. His re-telling of the Helen D'Amico incident and the old Fitzroy lady supporter were pissers.
Great story teller. You'd love to have a few beers with him and just listen to him churn through yarn after yarn.

That ep is exactly what Open Mike should be about - great characters of the game who could play. We don't see enough of them.

That was great. One of the best I've seen. His re-telling of the Helen D'Amico incident and the old Fitzroy lady supporter were pissers.
Great story teller. You'd love to have a few beers with him and just listen to him churn through yarn after yarn.

That ep is exactly what Open Mike should be about - great characters of the game who could play. We don't see enough of them.

Couldn't agree more, one of the best episodes. Whilst I don't mind the episodes that are hard hitting or talking about tragic moments etc, it was great to just enjoy his story telling and hear about how things work in "the old days" and some of the stuff Graeme Richmond got up to. I was a bit young to remember him playing VFL but saw him playing with his son at Port Fairy in the 90's with Ronnie Wearmouth coaching which was quite entertaining.

That was the most enjoyable episode by far this season. I still think this has been the weakest season of Open Mike to date but a few more episodes of the same quality such as Jim Jess and my opinion of the season will change. Yep the story of the old Fitzroy supporter whose lifetime footy highlight was Kevin Wilson knocking out Jim Jess was a classic.

That was the most enjoyable episode by far this season. I still think this has been the weakest season of Open Mike to date but a few more episodes of the same quality such as Jim Jess and my opinion of the season will change. Yep the story of the old Fitzroy supporter whose lifetime footy highlight was Kevin Wilson knocking out Jim Jess was a classic.

Do you mean Garry "Bloody" Wilson?

I'll do my best to rock up to the studio next time ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been watching Open Mike a fair bit less this year; even when someone like Jim Jess is on I don't really bother.

I think it's because the format is getting stale as Mike's limitations as an interviewer become more apparent over time. When the format was new you could tolerate Mike's weaknesses (lack of research, obligatory gossip and money questions) but it feels a bit tedious now.

Need someone who is hanging out for some television time to let loose with a beef.

Gary Sidebottom had a bit of a go at Geelong when he was on the Footy show and looked a bit overcome with his time on air.

The kennett one really made Mike look like a rube so i kind of enjoyed it.

If by 'rube' you mean puppy dog....Then Yes.

Do you mean Garry "Bloody" Wilson?

One of the more funnier k.o's in footy history from a pound for pound perspective....Similar to when a similarly - slightly built by comparison - Gilbee, took out Justin Koschitzke.

Actually the last 3 shows have all been of a fairly good quality, so far as guests are concerned.

I can't actually recall the details. All I know is that Daics doesn't like him possibly from a story that Mike about him when he was playing. Pies fans would know more.
The full details have never come out but I think they had a physical altercation at an event when they were both working at 3AW (probably during the early 00s)

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV Open Mike

Remove this Banner Ad

Back