FTA-TV Open Mike

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't see Open Mike in the Top 20 Pay TV ratings shows for last night so am surprised there was a show on last night. It's definitely dropped in the ratings this year although a new episode can't even make the top 20 it's dropped more than I thought.

At this stage, I'd be surprised if it went on next year.

Mike's son Tony was asked about this on Twitter and said that Plugger had turned him down.
I think I've heard that before but it hasn't stopped him asking

I didn't see Open Mike in the Top 20 Pay TV ratings shows for last night so am surprised there was a show on last night. It's definitely dropped in the ratings this year although a new episode can't even make the top 20 it's dropped more than I thought.

At this stage, I'd be surprised if it went on next year.

It will continue, otherwise Mike and his daughter will spend their days on SEN talking about the travesty of Justice. Grumpy Old men was a great show. What a pity Fox Footy do not replay these shows, especially in the off season.

Given Fox Footy is 24 hour, 7 days a week channel yet only has 10-12 hours of content not related to game coverage throughout a week, they should be looking at adding more content not getting rid of shows like Open Mike, which I can't image are that expensive to produce.
Mike doesn't do it for the love. He gets a good salary, despite that the fact that he refuses to pay for an interview. You wouldn't think that it is expensive to make, but it depends who makes it and their cut.

I thought the Southby one was decent. I had no idea about his mental health struggles. He seems to have a pretty good perspective on life, he was very kind to Balme -- that was a thug act in any era.
Spot on. Genuine top bloke Southby. Typical dirty Hafey coached team. Totally outclassed in 1972, so they punched their way to the flag in 1973. Never feel any sympathy for the scum.

Spot on. Genuine top bloke Southby. Typical dirty Hafey coached team. Totally outclassed in 1972, so they punched their way to the flag in 1973. Never feel any sympathy for the scum.

I 'liked' the way Balmey used Barney as his Alibi for what he did.....Way to hide behind others Big Fella.

Mike doesn't do it for the love. He gets a good salary, despite that the fact that he refuses to pay for an interview. You wouldn't think that it is expensive to make, but it depends who makes it and their cut.

What's the correlation?

You can't really think that Sheehan would have to pay for interviews out of his own pocket?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mike's son Tony was asked about this on Twitter and said that Plugger had turned him down.

Lockett has turned down countless requests for interviews. If they do get him i hope its a 90 minute special or something.

I'd imagine he'd do it if the price was right - he did the Toyota ad a few years back. Obviously the price isn't high enough for him to bother.

the issue i guess is sometimes 30 minutes is way too long, other times it flies by.
They could record an hour and cut it down if needed otherwise show it in full

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV Open Mike

Remove this Banner Ad

Back