FTA-TV Open Mike

Remove this Banner Ad

Mike Sheehan pushing the old 2006 premiership drivel

no one does sad and bitter like victorians
Yeah, what was that about?

i dont think so, i think he is pointing out the hypocrisy of how the afl was run under demteriou and fitzpatrick.
He pivoted seamlessly from the Essendon saga to WC, despite the issues being distinct, and kept trying to conflate Cousins' issues (and others') with PEDs, even when Fitzpatrick directly contradicted him several times. Talk about pushing a narrative even when the facts don't support it.

Played some of the greediest, goal-hungry, "look at me" footy ever in his last year at the Dogs (2003), where they won just three games. Rarely passed the ball, rarely tackled, rarely won his own footy, rarely left the forward fifty.

Agreed. Then left to play finals at Richmond.

One of the most selfish players I've seen.

Listened again to the interview with Mark Jackson; geez, that was entertaining. Sure, Jacko contradicted himself and spoke some nonsense on occasion, but there was a lot of interesting stuff in there as well; he was pretty much on the mark with regards to Sheahan and his relationship with the VFL/AFL.

Listened again to the interview with Mark Jackson; geez, that was entertaining. Sure, Jacko contradicted himself and spoke some nonsense on occasion, but there was a lot of interesting stuff in there as well; he was pretty much on the mark with regards to Sheahan and his relationship with the VFL/AFL.

He was a cross between Wilson & Barret with a touch of Hutchinson hyperbole added in. Plays the old grandpa thing now but anyone who was around back then knows what an utter prick he was. Played a very small role in the AFL’s propaganda in killing off Fitzroy. Scum n any player who could would say the same as jacko.

I think I wrote at the time that Jacko is like the fool in a Shakespearean tragedy - 90% of the time he’s speaking gibberish, but the other 10% of the time he’s the most perceptive and honest man in the room.

Justin Madden one incredibly disappointing.

Didn't ask him anything remotely interesting.

What about the different coaches he played under - Sheedy, Jezza and Walls.
Winning 1987 flag - really the only thing you've got to ask about it is if he whacked Tuck?
Disastrous 1989 season
Losing 1993 Grand Final
More about 1995 season
What it was like to play with Diesel, Bradley, Johnston, Rhys-Jones, Doull, etc
Whats its like for him to watch Carlton now and what the old players think about it

Real waste as Harry would have some great yarns to tell and real insights to share.

Justin Madden one incredibly disappointing.

Didn't ask him anything remotely interesting.

What about the different coaches he played under - Sheedy, Jezza and Walls.
Winning 1987 flag - really the only thing you've got to ask about it is if he whacked Tuck?
Disastrous 1989 season
Losing 1993 Grand Final
More about 1995 season
What it was like to play with Diesel, Bradley, Johnston, Rhys-Jones, Doull, etc
Whats its like for him to watch Carlton now and what the old players think about it

Real waste as Harry would have some great yarns to tell and real insights to share.

The thing is, surely Mike and his guest chat for quite a bit longer than just the half an hour at the time. For all we know, Mike does ask about a lot of the stuff that we in this thread accuse him of omitting to ask, we just don't get to see it. Stuff that a lot of people would probably find interesting would never make it to the version of the interview that is eventually broadcast. I get that this would happen with all recorded interviews of this kind, but it feels like a bit of a shame and a waste. 30 minutes doesn't do a lot of the interviews justice - I reckon in a lot of cases if the show went for another 15 minutes viewers would probably find the interviews more interesting and compelling.

The thing is, surely Mike and his guest chat for quite a bit longer than just the half an hour at the time. For all we know, Mike does ask about a lot of the stuff that we in this thread accuse him of omitting to ask, we just don't get to see it. Stuff that a lot of people would probably find interesting would never make it to the version of the interview that is eventually broadcast. I get that this would happen with all recorded interviews of this kind, but it feels like a bit of a shame and a waste. 30 minutes doesn't do a lot of the interviews justice - I reckon in a lot of cases if the show went for another 15 minutes viewers would probably find the interviews more interesting and compelling.

Possibly but Mike going all fanboy doesn't do anyone justice. Too many questions about Simon. Too much irrelevant nonsense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Possibly but Mike going all fanboy doesn't do anyone justice. Too many questions about Simon. Too much irrelevant nonsense.

Agree with this. I've always thought that Mike is a bit too "chummy" with many of his interviewees, which can lead to some weird focuses from Mike or the labouring of certain points that don't really interest the general viewer. The problem is that you would imagine the interviewees usually only agree to appear on the show because they already know Sheahan from his time covering the game, so naturally that prior knowledge or relationship is going to affect the way the interview is conducted and the questions asked.

I get that it's not supposed to be an interrogation, but the interviews would benefit from the tone being a bit more serious.

It's a bit rich of Shit Mike to be questioning people's morals & integrity in terms of what they do for a living.

This is the same guy who as Chief Football Writer for the Herald Sun quite brazenly ignored the concept of being impartial and independent as a journalist and became the AFL's chief lackey in driving the knife into Fitzroy from 1993-1996 and then tried to do the same to Hawthorn from 1996-1997.

Rather than serving the game and the public, Sheahan pushed the AFL agenda and wrote the stories they wanted him to write in return for a constant stream of insider information - just like we've seen with Caroline Wilson at The Age over the past 10 years.

Pure propaganda designed to sway public opinion and destabilise the efforts of REAL FOOTBALL PEOPLE doing everything they can to keep their clubs going.

He is a self-serving hypocritical c**ksucker.

I'm actually amazed that no Lions fan has ever accosted him in the street and king hit him for the active part he played in Fitzroy's demise.

Mark Jackson likes this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I particularly liked when Mike managed to insert his hatred for all things Eagles into the Shaun Smith interview.

Not sure why he focused on Nic Nat's tackle when he had the Shaun Higgins example of concussion staring him in the face.

This bloke is a flipping relic and needs to be put out to pasture.

I particularly liked when Mike managed to insert his hatred for all things Eagles into the Shaun Smith interview.
Huh?
Not sure why he focused on Nic Nat's tackle when he had the Shaun Higgins example of concussion staring him in the face.
They spent more time talking about the Higgins incident than any other.
Were you watching the same show?

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV Open Mike

Remove this Banner Ad

Back