Game Day Opening Round vs. GWS, Giants Stadium, 7:30pm Sat 09/03

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too! But have to admit this guy is a fun player. Regardless of all the other things we might not like about him.
Agree, close to my fav non Pie. Bont probably no 1. Great to watch when he is not playing us

Johnson. Noble and Dean will play imo
Which prob leaves fin as sub

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If they all play who is left out. Assume one is Frampton. Don’t know who the other could be if they are all fit to play other than Howe and Murphy.

Johnson will be outmarked, outplayed against the GIANTS. He was beaten by Gibcus.

Noble won't play, Dean won't be blooded yet. Frampton's experience is needed.
Yet in his only game ever against the Giants, which was last year, he has 14 possies, 5 marks, 1 goal, 6 tackles, 2 contested marks and 2 inside 50 marks. He has shown a bit at AFL level. Has had a very good pre season. I would like to see what he can do, we need him or Reef to step up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet in his only game ever against the Giants, which was last year, he has 14 possies, 5 marks, 1 goal, 6 tackles, 2 contested marks and 2 inside 50 marks. He has shown a bit at AFL level. Has had a very good pre season. I would like to see what he can do, we need him or Reef to step up.
To be fair Taylor didn’t play that game. But agree with your point. Johnson cops a lot of flak for someone who’s proven he can perform at AFL level.

Last edited:
Lippa was sub in the GF, so has he been accounted for? Because he'll definitely be playing.
That does account for it, Lippa in and Markov or Noble sub

Based on that I’d think the changes from the grandfinal side are

Out: Murphy, Frampton, Howe, Ginnivan
In: Dean, Johnson, Noble, Schultz
Sub: Noble or Markov

Markov and noble both in black

I'm a bit torn on the result of this match.

My gut for most of the pre-season was that GWS would win.

But I'm a bit conflicted now. Seeing interviews with GWS players it seems like they're almost distracted by the idea of revenge? Rather than focusing on just winning the game?

I think the fact that we're travelling underdogs despite being reigning premier also probably helps us with the players' mindsets.

Also don't forget, I used the mug.

Dean is debuting. Big applauds in the circle

Fantastic

Been really looking forward to Charlie getting into the side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back