Game Day Opening Round vs. GWS, Giants Stadium, 7:30pm Sat 09/03

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had high hopes for Krueger in '24. He was to be the unlucky-injury-prone player who finally enjoyed a blessed run of good health. That's all he needed, a few injury-free weeks; because we all know the guy can play.

Sadly, it wasn't to be.

When the opportunity presented itself for him to raise his case as McStay's replacement, he tore a fn hammie.

I'm no expert but if he was a horse, they would have put him down by now. Mauvais Cheval , do they shoot horses when they tear a hammie?

It always takes me a few weeks to get into the footy. Playing GWS away will be a tough one. A good showing against them will reignite the passion for '24.

If the coaching team have enough belief in Dean's ability to see out a game, I think they'll go with him.

I had high hopes for Krueger in '24. He was to be the unlucky-injury-prone player who finally enjoyed a blessed run of good health. That's all he needed, a few injury-free weeks; because we all know the guy can play.

Sadly, it wasn't to be.

When the opportunity presented itself for him to raise his case as McStay's replacement, he tore a fn hammie.

I'm no expert but if he was a horse, they would have put him down by now. Mauvais Cheval , do they shoot horses when they tear a hammie?

It always takes me a few weeks to get into the footy. Playing GWS away will be a tough one. A good showing against them will reignite the passion for '24.

If the coaching team have enough belief in Dean's ability to see out a game, I think they'll go with him.
Q. do they shoot horses when they tear a hammie
A. only the slow ones. Although introducing the said horse to a spider seems to be a more favoured approach. Seems that Equine Insurance claims for "spider bite" are more easily processed than claims for "we accidentally shot it"

Q. do they shoot horses when they tear a hammie
A. only the slow ones. Although introducing the said horse to a spider seems to be a more favoured approach. Seems that Equine Insurance claims for "spider bite" are more easily processed than claims for "we accidentally shot it"

I have a friend who recently pulled a hammie; nasty injury.

I will recommend redback venom to his loved ones as a humane (and insurance-friendly) way of ending his misery.

Sadly, it wasn't to be.

What?!!! Why? I'm desperate for the season to begin every year.

I think the Pies have the wood over GWS, and should start the year off with a strong win. Hopefully it's not too close - the heart rate of supporters probably couldn't take too many of those.

I think the Pies have the wood over GWS, and should start the year off with a strong win. Hopefully it's not too close - the heart rate of supporters probably couldn't take too many of those.
Very nervous about this game. Giants will be so fired up for revenge.

Probably the team I fear the most, actually.

Martin Scorsese Gf GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a friend who recently pulled a hammie; nasty injury.

I will recommend redback venom to his loved ones as a humane (and insurance-friendly) way of ending his misery.

At least my hamstring is healing nicely. And like my calves, my hamstring remains amply proportioned.

So sad some cannot say the same thing. :(

Not nervous, but agree with you,Giants are going to be a serious contender this year, imagine them if Jezza Cameron was still in that fwd line 🙈……
I think Uncle Toby will start off the season with a handy 5 sausage rolls. It’s a matter of not letting him have any mates join that party and we have our own contributors to kick a winning score.

At least my hamstring is healing nicely. And like my calves, my hamstring remains amply proportioned.

So sad some cannot say the same thing. :(
Proportions are important.

I think Uncle Toby will start off the season with a handy 5 sausage rolls. It’s a matter of not letting him have any mates join that party and we have our own contributors to kick a winning score.
Hopefully his new 👶 keeps him awake all night & he doesn’t sleep or score ! lol

Gotten a bit unfit from lack of nervous in-game walking? ;)
Haha! :) Believe it or not I have been on a fitness routine all summer and it is paying off!

I will be hitting the streets probably quarter time on Saturday night and hoping for what became a regular call from my wife the past two seasons as I walked around Mooroolbark, Kilsyth and Croydon.

It usually begins with, "They've done it again!!" followed by my shout of ecstasy!

Crisp was already at half back in the grand final, so you’re still going to have find another out.
I don’t have to find anything. I think macrae will get selected. That might be ahead of Dean or it might be ahead of McInnes/Johnson but there are many permutations . I’m either right or I’m wrong. Not sure why you feel the need to argue the point.

After the last 2 years Pies supporters have developed the strongest flipping hearts of any supporter base in the league. A dozen or so heart attack games in the space of 18 months does wonders for strengthening the heart muscle beyond normal capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back