No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen the profile on facebook, Jack "snags" Higgins?

A post on 20th June asking Jaidyn Stephenson 'whats the odds of you playing this week?'
Jaidyn Stephenson replied 'about the same as you getting a touch this weekend'

I'm assuming it's not really tehm, but I've had a good laugh reading their banter lol

Has anyone seen the profile on facebook, Jack "snags" Higgins?

A post on 20th June asking Jaidyn Stephenson 'whats the odds of you playing this week?'
Jaidyn Stephenson replied 'about the same as you getting a touch this weekend'

I'm assuming it's not really tehm, but I've had a good laugh reading their banter lol
Did the facebook accounts have the little notifier, a tick or something, to indicate it was verified to be the actual person?
Saw this video the other day, it may be them as they have a connection already.

North Melbourne to investigate Taylor Garner’s involvement in bar fight
North Melbourne’s Taylor Garner faces a club ban as police confirm they are investigating an altercation at a Sydney pub over the bye weekend that allegedly left a man with a broken nose

New South Wales police have confirmed they are investigating Taylor Garner’s punch-on with a pub patron over the bye weekend.

Garner is set to meet the North Melbourne leadership group this afternoon and is likely to face internal suspension for the hit that is alleged to have broken the victim’s nose.

NSW police told the Herald Sun today they are investigating after the victim came forward to police on Monday night.

“Police from Eastern Suburbs Police Area Command are investigating an altercation which occurred between two men, both aged 25, at the corner of New South Head Road and Kiaora Road, Double Bay, about 11.45pm on Saturday 22 June 2019,’’ it said in statement.

“No arrests have been made, inquiries continue.”

The Roos leadership group is expected to come down hard on Garner given he failed to tell the club of his involvement in the incident.

It is understood he was intoxicated and drinking with a group of players including friends from Sydney.

But he only alerted the club when they contacted him to ask him about the incident.

dd69dd73a39402a22a56432d567bf495

Taylor Garner is under investigation for his involvement in a fight at a Sydney nightspot. Picture: Getty Images

The Roos confirmed to the Herald Sun last night that Garner had admitted to a scuffle with a patron at the exclusive Double Bay nightspot The Golden Sheaf.

North Melbourne spokesman Heath O’Loughlin confirmed to the Herald Sun the Roos were investigating the incident but had no further comment.

The club since released a statement, saying: “The North Melbourne Football Club is aware of an alleged incident involving Taylor Garner which occurred in Sydney on the weekend.

“The club is investigating the matter and will make no further comment at this stage.”

The exact circumstances of the fight are not known, but the man whose nose was broken required medical care after the Saturday night incident.

It is understood the patron involved reported the incident to NSW police on the advice of his doctor given the damage involved.

Garner was believed to be out with AFL players from other clubs but there is no suggestion they were involved in the incident.

A staff member at the Golden Sheaf said management had no comment to make at this stage.

The wildly talented marking forward has been ravaged by injury and played only 38 games since being drafted with pick 15 in the 2012 national draft.

He returned to the side in Round 7 and made an impact in his first game since Round 2, 2017 but was dropped, returning in Round 13 against GWS.

Former coach Brad Scott hailed his impact when he returned in Round 7 from continued injury.

“He’s a really important part of our forward structure when he’s up and going,” Scott said.

“I couldn’t be more pleased for him. It’s a huge risk playing him I think, because we’re always trying to be really conservative with his progression.”

Haven’t heard much about this,if the player was a Tiger,you would hear about it if you were travelling in your spaceship near Pluto.

Which team has finished 9th the most in the history of VFA/VFL/AFL?

North Melbourne has finished 9th on the ladder 15 times in the history of the game.
These years are 1907, 1908, 1938, 1939, 1941, 1942, 1943, 1946, 1951, 1965, 1971, 1989, 2010, 2011, 2018
Lol they’ve done the back to back three times and the back to back to back once.

Well done!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just re watched the “ Fighting Fury “ doco , fmd that finals series by us was off the charts , so many great memories . Best
Best ever Finals run to winning a GF in my opinion and memory!
We played three GFs that 2017 year...gws, cats, crows...killed them with powerhouse footy the likes of which i have never seen before in my time!

Haven’t heard much about this,if the player was a Tiger,you would hear about it if you were travelling in your spaceship near Pluto.
It was reported on Foxsports, they've said the AFL Integrity unit has stepped in which has stopped North from handing down any findings. Funny part was the journalist said "this won't impact his spot at North ......... well unless he gets locked up."

Haven’t Norrrrf finished 9th just as many times as us the last 35 odd years or so ? Or at least close to it. Hawthorn are up there too I think.

We haven’t finished 9th since 2008. 10 years ago ! All up, what a loser.

Just on this, the final 8 didnt come in until the 2000 season so really finishing 9th should only be a thing since that season, which actually has the following clubs finishing 9th the most:

Richmond 3 times - 2000, 2006 & 2008
North Melbourne 3 times - 2010, 2011 & 2018
St Kilda 3 times - 2007, 2012 & 2016

Everyone seems to forget about the Saints, so that isnt suprising.

Had a catch up today and apparently the second MICA unit had painkillers which where more than the green tube (or something like that).
The good news was the bone hadn’t come through the skin. The bad news was the lower leg was at a 45 degree angle and they had to set it straight before loading him into the ambulance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The green stick is good for lots of things, particularly keeping the patient occupied and also taking the edge off while other pain relief is set up. Really helps when applying traction - which seems not to tickle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back