No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXXIX

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even social media (which I usually ignore) has a s**t load of people calling out the corruption... its spreading and now people are finally starting to see it
Good. It's all over social media now. Can't wait to hear the afl's excuses lol

he gets his players playing right on the edge, like dimma did. the essondon edge is real, just like the shingboner spirit is real, i saw it once. the weird thing is the essenden edge seems to translate to winning the freekick count by 11.
Wonder how someone like Brad Scott would hold so much sway with the umpires 🧐

The CCJ and Day Spa curse.

Tigers get fined probably costing Leppitsch his job then Dumma let his fingers do the walking.
yep. its taken a few years but what i was once called a tin foil hatter over is now just the general native.

Scoring is way down this round. Like to know what the average is this season. The stand rule is having the reverse effect.
Nah its intended effect was to stuff the RFC and it did that spectacularly.

Least we got 3 Flags before they @#%$#&# us over.

Problem is even though we are shitt again they are still twisting the knife.

It's no surprise that we started going downhill when Caroline Wilson started reporting that the AFL was fed up with the way Richmond acted in the Hub during Covid & stated the AFL had an agenda towards Richmond.
Validating Brandon Scott Jones GIF by CBS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh wow that angle is really damning… took a thick edge to the slips cordon
Not really. If anything it showes the opposite. I did a "frame by frame" and at no point does the clearway between ball and hand crossover. The ball appears to change direction, but the ball had a massive curve on it, which is something i've seen a thousand times. But at no point do you see the "no space" between the ball & hand. It could only be touched if the video has a low frame-rate and is missing. I never had an opinion of "if it was touched" - but the decision to call a dissent and then give the player a 2nd shot on goal is incredibly shit umpiring.p

I have never liked the idea that "dissent" can impact a game which is played for viewer enjoyment. We don't hear the dissent, so why penalise it like we do? Fans want to watch the game and see it be decided from what we are seeing. My opinion is all dissent should be reportable & dealt with after the game with either large fines ( ie $10k), or suspension for high grade or repeat offences. It's generally a emotive response to something, so like all things like that - you are always best to deal with the issue AFTER the emotion has been removed. The game is played and lived through the eyes & hearts of the viewer, not our ears. it just makes fans feel robbed when something like today happens & thats not what we all want. I have been gutted to lose games like this in the past & take no real joy winning them like that either, although - can't honestly remember that ever happening for us.p

Fans need to be vocal and outraged over the "drug testing" issue. Its a big enough flaunt of the overriding rules and integrity of the game to make a real change IMO. don't let them sweep it under the rug like they did with the Clarko aboriginal issues.p

Yellow line is on the far side of the ball. Do u ever see the ball overlap his hand?
Screenshot 2024-04-06 at 8.06.36 pm.png
Screenshot 2024-04-06 at 8.06.46 pm.png p
p
Screenshot 2024-04-06 at 8.06.57 pm.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-06 at 8.06.46 pm.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-06 at 8.06.46 pm.png
    894.7 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

This is why a captain call is needed or something along those lines, these retarted goal umpires are wasting time by reviewing every little thing but a blatant touch can't be reviewed? Why the **** do the umps have earpieces if they dont use them. All these cameras on the field and a mobile phone picked it up clearly, what a joke.

Not really. If anything it showes the opposite. I did a "frame by frame" and at no point does the clearway between ball and hand crossover. The ball appears to change direction, but the ball had a massive curve on it, which is something i've seen a thousand times. But at no point do you see the "no space" between the ball & hand. It could only be touched if the video has a low frame-rate and is missing. I never had an opinion of "if it was touched" - but the decision to call a dissent and then give the player a 2nd shot on goal is incredibly s**t umpiring.p

I have never liked the idea that "dissent" can impact a game which is played for viewer enjoyment. We don't hear the dissent, so why penalise it like we do? Fans want to watch the game and see it be decided from what we are seeing. My opinion is all dissent should be reportable & dealt with after the game with either large fines ( ie $10k), or suspension for high grade or repeat offences. The game is played and lived through the eyes & hearts of the viewer, not our ears. it just makes fans feel robbed when something like today happens & thats not what we all want. I have been gutted to lose games like this in the past & take no real joy winning them like that either, although - can't honestly remember that ever happening for us.p

Fans need to be vocal and outraged over the "drug testing" issue. Its a big enough flaunt of the overriding rules and integrity of the game to make a real change IMO. don't let them sweep it under the rug like they did with the Clarko aboriginal issues.
weirdly the "spolier" didnt seem to react at all either. at that range there'd have been a massive slap sound as it deflected and the oppo player would've immediately called it.

Clearly CFL has the decided this year that Carlton breaking a premiership drought is the narrative that is going to sell the most advertising dollars. Umps deployed like goons to execute the plan
Carlton with a growing membership base, in the AFL's best interest to milk the them with premiership merchandise & memorabilia.

Not really. If anything it showes the opposite. I did a "frame by frame" and at no point does the clearway between ball and hand crossover. The ball appears to change direction, but the ball had a massive curve on it, which is something i've seen a thousand times. But at no point do you see the "no space" between the ball & hand. It could only be touched if the video has a low frame-rate and is missing. I never had an opinion of "if it was touched" - but the decision to call a dissent and then give the player a 2nd shot on goal is incredibly s**t umpiring.p

I have never liked the idea that "dissent" can impact a game which is played for viewer enjoyment. We don't hear the dissent, so why penalise it like we do? Fans want to watch the game and see it be decided from what we are seeing. My opinion is all dissent should be reportable & dealt with after the game with either large fines ( ie $10k), or suspension for high grade or repeat offences. The game is played and lived through the eyes & hearts of the viewer, not our ears. it just makes fans feel robbed when something like today happens & thats not what we all want. I have been gutted to lose games like this in the past & take no real joy winning them like that either, although - can't honestly remember that ever happening for us.p

Fans need to be vocal and outraged over the "drug testing" issue. Its a big enough flaunt of the overriding rules and integrity of the game to make a real change IMO. don't let them sweep it under the rug like they did with the Clarko aboriginal issues.p

Yellow line is on the far side of the ball. Do u ever see the ball overlap his hand?
View attachment 1952148
View attachment 1952152p
p
View attachment 1952154

It hit his right tricep not his hand.

They showed a different angle on Kayo and you can clearly see his right tricep move.

I have never liked the idea that "dissent" can impact a game which is played for viewer enjoyment. We don't hear the dissent, so why penalise it like we do? Fans want to watch the game and see it be decided from what we are seeing. My opinion is all dissent should be reportable & dealt with after the game with either large fines ( ie $10k), or suspension for high grade or repeat offences. It's generally a emotive response to something, so like all things like that - you are always best to deal with the issue AFTER the emotion has been removed. The game is played and lived through the eyes & hearts of the viewer, not our ears. it just makes fans feel robbed when something like today happens & thats not what we all want. I have been gutted to lose games like this in the past & take no real joy winning them like that either, although - can't honestly remember that ever happening for us.p

View attachment 1952148
View attachment 1952152p
p
View attachment 1952154
Why are you freeze framing a video? You can make anything look the way you want via a freeze frame FFS.

Ball was a clear deflection, even Fox footy showed another angle where the ball hits Aish on the arm and you see the skin move.

It was a shit call and a shit way to end a game, umpires wanted to make it all about them. They were never calling that touched even if it hit one of them smack in the face.

Stop trying to defend shit calls, we have 4 umps out there and they still can't get it right. They don't want to stop a game for a goal scoring opportunity but happy to spend 3 mins looking at whether the ball was marked on the goal line or over it.

The AFL have NFI what they are doing and just make it all up as they go.

you can see the deflection. Freo players knew straightaway it was touched.

Highway robbery not only that call but the other two soft calls that resulted in goals in the last quarter to Carlscum

yeah that angel certainly shows it likely was -certainly was not touched by his hand, the other showed nothing really. but honestly, i have never lost my shit or thought something was corrupt when an umpire has just missed a >1 second incidental contact. It happens & for 100 years we just dealt with the 'human error' element. The ump not calling the touched doesn't scream CFL to me. The decision to give another set shot 30m out directly in front for dissent was my only real beef as, seriously, who wants to spend 2 hours watching a game with a ball be decided by words we can't even hear?

Comparing this to our own arc-gate - its absolutely nothing. Human error is human error, it happens. I would loathe for the AFL to be like the NBA and spend up to 20 minutes a game "going to the replay" to decide incidental situations all over the field. Just live with mistakes.

But, deciding games on swear words is ****ing shit

Last edited:
Why are you freeze framing a video? You can make anything look the way you want via a freeze frame FFS.

Ball was a clear deflection, even Fox footy showed another angle where the ball hits Aish on the arm and you see the skin move.

It was a s**t call and a s**t way to end a game, umpires wanted to make it all about them. They were never calling that touched even if it hit one of them smack in the face.

Stop trying to defend s**t calls, we have 4 umps out there and they still can't get it right.
why are you not freeze-framing it? Whats the point otherwise?

The ball is famous for doing crazy shit based on its shape. How many weird bounces have you seen in your life? How many "impossible goals" have we seen Betts, Fev & Dusty kick where the spin of the ball defies logic?

That 1st video shows nothing, its completely pointless. The 2nd one shows, likely, human error - not corruption. We all make mistakes, the ump has made one. shit happens.

The decision to pay dissent and essentially give them a goal / win for saying something naughty is where people need to focus. I'll never hang a person for human error that requires someone seeing something from a particular angle, speed etc. Get a grip

Stop trying to defend s**t calls, we have 4 umps out there and they still can't get it right. They don't want to stop a game for a goal scoring opportunity but happy to spend 3 mins looking at whether the ball was marked on the goal line or over it.

The game was not a shit ending because they missed the touched.

The game was was a shit ending as they gave a free kick for swearing & we have no idea what the guy even said. As far as we know he might have just called him a blind prick, or, he might have said i hope your ****ing kids get cancer and die in front of you and your wife. What he said could have been a ****ing disgrace, or, it could have been just your day to day emotional outburst.

Making that moment decide a game though that is viewed, not heard, is not what supporters want. So, send them to a tribunal , fine them, suspend them etc.

Why are you even abusing me about a Carlton vs Fremantle game? wtf skin do either of us have in this to deserve that? And since when am i the one defending CFL? I'm the one who for several years have told you ****wits that the AFL has written our fate for our behaviour in the hub. Get coherent jackass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back