OT: you know you are from Adelaide when...

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 3, 2004
in a happy place
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
panthers, ukraine & broncos
Got this in an email today (thanks Kristie), and I know it's a little old, but would be interesting to see how much of each of these is true for each of us on BF.

You know you're an Adelaidian when...

1. You have been to Heaven nightclub at least once and you were under 18.
yes and no

2. You have been to Glenelg and got extremely sunburnt
yes and no

3. Gone to the Grand sunburnt!
yes but no again

4. You have walked around Victor Harbour drunk
allergic to alcohol so that counts me out on these ones!

5. You have walked down Rundle Mall .... Drunk!
again, no

6. You know what fritz is
yep

7. You call people Minda's
actually used to call my school shoes minda's

8. You have been to a movie marathon at Marion megaplex
nope

9. You go out to the same place EVERY Saturday night
nope

10. You have the same friends from high school
don't have any friends from my high school days!:eek:

11. You cant go out without seeing someone you know... even if you have never been to that particular place before (even though you rarely venture from your old favourite)
true

12. You really miss the old sizzler cheese bread
loved that bread!

13. You like ugg boots not moccies
never owned a pair

14. You have a very strong opinion on Lleyton Hewitt
probably

15. You have been to one of the following lookouts (stirling, mt lofty, penfolds rd, sunnyside rd, eagle on the hill, sky)
yep

16. You know who stormy summers is
true

17. You love cold rock ice cream and if you dont you love cibos instead
never had either....

18. You know what fruchocs are!
I live for fruchocs!

19. You pour Farmer's Union Iced Coffee on your breakfast cereal.
nope

20. You proudly admit your love of the Fritz Sandwich.
damn straight

21. You're so caring and sharing that you have the urge to adopt other state's cities as you own. (Come 'ere Broken Hill, let's hug.)
:D we can't help it if they want to be a part of our great state

21. You will never forgive Melbourne for stealing our Grand Prix. Never.
amongst a few other things....

22. You know how 'dance', 'pool', 'castle' and 'graph' are SUPPOSED to be pronounced.
Yep

23. You get offended when people from Western Australia call SA part of the "East Coast".
why would I talk to people from WA? kidding PC

24. You insist on calling AMII Stadium, "Footy Park".
Yep

25. You say a Pie Floater tastes great just to maintain your street cred.
nope, never eaten one, probably because I have never been drunk!

26. You consider Coopers to be a food group.
nope, but I know others that do

27. While half of our state is uninhabitable, you know that it's still the greatest.
Yep

28. You think the 'Tiser has no journalistic integrity whatsoever.... and yet you still read it every day.
yes and no on this one

29. Don't believe the rumours. I live in South Australia and have never been murdered.
yet....

30. You vote for Mike Rann in every state election, mainly because you can't remember the other guy's name.
this is a good one, but I ain't answering that question

31. You know there's more than one way to have a good time in Hindley Street.
really?

32. The Superjesus is your favourite band.
nope although I do have the cd

33. One word: Haighs
three words: nothing like it :p

34. No thanks, I shop at Big Star.
nope

35. The Barossa is for Lovers.
Barossa is the rellies area for me

36. You know that Victor Harbor is the only place to be for Schoolies.
It is now, wasn't when I was at school

37. France imports our wine. How 'bout them apples?
:D

38. You forgave the Chappell’s for the 1981 Underarm Incident purely out of South Australian patriotism.
they were just exploiting a rule...

39. Where else would you find places with names like 'Bruce', "Gluepot' and 'Iron Knob'?
where's Bruce? That's the best place name ever!

40. So which is it? Crows or Port?
I think I'll go with Crows on this one

41. How many of the other states have a peninsula shaped like a leg?
None, although there is a country

42. You know the people out on the Torrens are either tourists or rowers. No one else would go near that water.
very true

43. You think the Festival Centre is a wonder of modern architecture.

44. Despite all our faults, at least South Australia wasn't built by convicts.
true

45. You can leave work at 5:15pm and miss "peak hour traffic"
unless going past Marion on a Thursday!

46. You can have a good old laugh at the fact that Adelaide’s second name is "city of churches"
should be city of pubs!

47. Your not scared by aboriginals walking around in speedos and gumboots
true

48. You like fritz n sauce sandwiches!!
oh yes

49. You take 20 mins to get anywhere!!
not necessarily

50. Your 'sports gurus' are KG and Cornesy
I listen to them, but I wouldn't call them Sports gurus

51. You can pronounce 'Southwark' but know to not drink it.
very true

Yes and Yes

Yes

3. Gone to the Grand sunburnt!
Never only inebriated

Yes, quite a different experience

Yes, quite an amusing experience

I do

No

8. You have been to a movie marathon at Marion megaplex
Never

9. You go out to the same place EVERY Saturday night
No

1 best friend from high school, we are brothers only born into different families

11. You cant go out without seeing someone you know... even if you have never been to that particular place before (even though you rarely venture from your old favourite)
My wife hates when it happens.

12. You really miss the old sizzler cheese bread
Had it in Perth and the Gold Coast 2 years in a row. :D

Wear neither

14. You have a very strong opinion on Lleyton Hewitt
You either love him or hate him

15. You have been to one of the following lookouts (stirling, mt lofty, penfolds rd, sunnyside rd, eagle on the hill, sky)
yes

16. You know who stormy summers is
Its only thrown in your face most days.

I don't have it often

Yes I do...on the way to visiting gran.

No way

Yes

21. You're so caring and sharing that you have the urge to adopt other state's cities as you own. (Come 'ere Broken Hill, let's hug.)

Everyone wants to be South Aussie :)

21. You will never forgive Melbourne for stealing our Grand Prix.

Thats a long winded argument

22. You know how 'dance', 'pool', 'castle' and 'graph' are SUPPOSED to be pronounced.
Yes but Victorians don't :D

23. You get offended when people from Western Australia call SA part of the "East Coast".
No bigger things to worry about

I still do

I rather buy a homeless person a meal there, it makes me feel better about myself

26. You consider Coopers to be a food group.
Yes on a Sunday afternoon with my father in law

27. While half of our state is uninhabitable, you know that it's still the greatest.
That it is

28. You think the 'Tiser has no journalistic integrity whatsoever.... and yet you still read it every day.
Don't read it

29. Don't believe the rumours. I live in South Australia and have never been murdered.

Ummm.....I am still here

30. You vote for Mike Rann in every state election, mainly because you can't remember the other guy's name.

Politics is a thing best not discussed on a football board. :)

No, is there ?

32. The Superjesus is your favourite band.
No they aren't

33. One word: Haighs
Chocolate

No I don't.

Barossa is great for wine tasting

Is it?

37. France imports our wine. How 'bout them apples?

We are the best

38. You forgave the Chappell’s for the 1981 Underarm Incident purely out of South Australian patriotism.
White line fever, its great :D

39. Where else would you find places with names like 'Bruce', "Gluepot' and 'Iron Knob'?
Don't know.

40. So which is it? Crows or Port?
Crows

41. How many of the other states have a peninsula shaped like a leg?
None that I know of

42. You know the people out on the Torrens are either tourists or rowers. No one else would go near that water.
If they knew what was in it

43. You think the Festival Centre is a wonder of modern architecture.

Its great

Ain't that the truth

45. You can leave work at 5:15pm and miss "peak hour traffic"
Never

46. You can have a good old laugh at the fact that Adelaide’s second name is "city of churches"

I do.

47. Your not scared by aboriginals walking around in speedos and gumboots

Johnny Haysman is a cool guy

48. You like fritz n sauce sandwiches!!
Skip the sauce

49. You take 20 mins to get anywhere!!
No

50. Your 'sports gurus' are KG and Cornesy
Are they gurus ?

51. You can pronounce 'Southwark' but know to not drink it.

Never I'd rather drink.....oh well I'll leave that to the imagination

where's Bruce? That's the best place name ever!

Well, I work in a suburb called Bruce. It, like many other Canberra suburbs, is named after an ex-Prime Minister. Stanley Melbourne Bruce, PM from 1923-1929.

Not sure where the town/place called "Bruce" is in SA though (or Gluepot for that matter).

I have, however, been to "Nowhere Else" - also found in SA.

Well, I work in a suburb called Bruce. It, like many other Canberra suburbs, is named after an ex-Prime Minister. Stanley Melbourne Bruce, PM from 1923-1929.

Not sure where the town/place called "Bruce" is in SA though.

I used to live in Page, I know all about Bruce in the ACT

52. You rock up late to a family gathering on Sunday afternoon and when apologising by explaining you'd "gone to Church last night", the bemused 40+ bracket ask when you found religion.

53. You know to wear a flak jacket while travelling through Paralowie, Hackham West and Elizabeth.

54. You know that Central District is both a private hospital and an abysmal football team.

55. You know that Magic Mountain is false advertising worthy of a Royal Commission instigated by Consumer Affairs.

Yes, No.

I think I've been to every beach in Adelaide and got sunburnt.

For schoolies yes, but the amount of skinhead rednecks there during that time isn't nice.

club hopping, haven't for a while being forceably tied but it isn't the best drunk or not. the amount of weirdo's aimlessly wandering around there at night is concerning. the heavy police presence sort of gives such away.

It's disgusting.

nah, probably used the term 10 years ago but it's a highly disrespectful term directed at mentally challenged people. not nice.

Still good friends with about 3 or 4. that's it.

such is why it's important to be attentive.

if I see someone I know and usually don't want to talk to I'll leave/hide. sort of a Seinfeld thing to do but I hate being compelled to engage in conversation with someone I have little interest in doing such with. my girlfriend doesn't let me go out as much as I used to, which has it's advantages. not least of which seeing persons previously known and not necessarily liked.

Nothing annoys me than the stupid little skanks walking around (thankfully I think this trend has subsided, although it's a winter thing so who knows?) wearing ugg boots with jeans and the likes in some sort of patriotic fashion statement. pathetic behaviour. Pamela Anderson is the only one able to pull of such a look and only because people's attention was drawn to other areas of her body.

She's too old now but I can't decide who I like better in the old ep's of 'Baywatch'

her, Mitch or Newmie....

nah, don't think so. my house is up high, that's a good enough view.

unhealthy but tasteful.

yuck. don't eat cereal to begin with but what sort of chemically inbalanced sociopath would perform such a disgusting action. I think this question is strictly limited to that thing on here called the 'Port Adelaide Board'.

Prefer healthier, less disgusting meats.

Turkey 1#.

I wish Mildura was ours. Great country town. Good size and there's actually a fair bit to do there. I wouldn't mind living there in the future. Love going there and in the past on car trips to Melbourne I preferred that longer route because it passed through Bendigo and Mildura.

21. You will never forgive Melbourne for stealing our Grand Prix. Never.

Their track is substandard. Ours was regarded as one of the best in the world.

I've never heard it and wouldn't care. they lose in ridiculous isolation on their own side of Australia, sort of like the scary uncle that no one wants to hug.

I hate pies. I hate peas. I would never touch one. I'd much rather make sweet, passionate love to Rosie O'Donnell and Roseanna Barr simultaneously.

well it is the only paper in Adelaide, I don't support the Crows, and don't mind Rucci.... Don't buy it/read it everyday becuase I find Tuesdays and Wednesdays are normally scarce with much in terms of sport/football/news content.

Go the wrong areas, look in the mirror and say it three times....

He's a passionate supporter of Charlton. anyone who openly, unashamedly admits that has my vote. ;)

There is definitely two.

Get wasted

or

Get shot.

it's a lovely area, particuarly as you get further out.

wouldn't take my girlfriend there though, no thanks. A Wiggles concert would be more romantic.

and to hear the word 'daddy' ten years before desired.

Well at a sex toy convention in all probability.

you mean it's not safe to swim in? :eek: ;)

52. You rock up late to a family gathering on Sunday afternoon and when apologising by explaining you'd "gone to Church last night", the bemused 40+ bracket ask when you found religion.

53. You know to wear a flak jacket while travelling through Paralowie, Hackham West and Elizabeth.

54. You know that Central District is both a private hospital and an abysmal football team.

55. You know that Magic Mountain is false advertising worthy of a Royal Commission instigated by Consumer Affairs.

very funny.

only thing is have you ever travelled through Port Adelaide and surrounding areas at night? (or at any time) not pleasant. Scary area.

Their belonging to the flak crew is unquestionable.

:rolleyes: Hardly, lol. 7 GFS in a row, for 5 flags. :D :thumbsu: ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i got very drunk off of coopers, wearing a crows guernsey, stumbled through rundle mall, and went for a drunken swim in the Torrens, about a month back, doesnt get much more South Australian then that.

very funny.

only thing is have you ever travelled through Port Adelaide and surrounding areas at night? (or at any time) not pleasant. Scary area.

Their belonging to the flak crew is unquestionable.

Nah, the Port Adelaide streets are relatively safe. Ive often walked there pissed as all hell, as ive got a mate who lives down that way. Never had any hassles from anyone but my mate.

It's funny reading this thread as I've been in a training course all week, run by 2 Victorians. I had to explain to them what fritz is and bought them some Fruchocs each as "souvenirs" but they ate them within minutes!

Some of those things are a bit out of date now, but it's still funny.

As for the Grand Prix, I honestly prefer the V8's anyway. We used to go to the Grand Prix, watch the v8's then leave before the f1's even started and go down the pub instead.

BTW Adelaide has the BEST CBD pubs, which you can walk to in minutes, without getting run over by either trams or psycho taxi drivers/bike couriers.

It's funny reading this thread as I've been in a training course all week, run by 2 Victorians. I had to explain to them what fritz is and bought them some Fruchocs each as "souvenirs" but they ate them within minutes!

As for the Grand Prix, I honestly prefer the V8's anyway. We used to go to the Grand Prix, watch the v8's then leave before the f1's even started and go down the pub instead.

BTW Adelaide has the BEST CBD pubs, which you can walk to in minutes, without getting run over by either trams or psycho taxi drivers/bike couriers.

Last time I caught the plane back to Melbourne the guy in front (when we were getting on the plane) had his carry on bag open and there was 5 or 6 packs of Fruchocs lying on the top. I pissed myself laughing,and asked if he had any Fruita or Woodies Lemonade in there as well.:D

Just for the record Trams are the greatest by the way!

Oh dear I'm completely agreeing with a Port supporter.

Fruchocs are great, when i was young i always bought a pack to take to the movies.
V8s **** on F1s which are simply planes which drive.
You can find a decent pub in the city easily, and you can walk from pub to pub no trouble at all. You can cross the street without some crazy driver taking a hook turn!

This has to be one of the scariest things for me when I go back. I don't want to bump into people I used to know that's part of why I left!!!!

Unfamiliar with either.....have I been gone for too long??

21. You will never forgive Melbourne for stealing our Grand Prix.
They can have it...come on lets give them something they can't play footy after all :)

It will always be Footy Park....

Big Star???? Don't know Big Star either.....

I always chuckle at Keith when I am driving back

I like to remind Victorians this when they are hanging sh*te on me and where I am from

Fritz is good too I must admit I do have it when I come back. Farmers Union is the best iced coffee too, and many Victorians I know agree.....

52, 53, 55 are GOLD!!!

However, all credibility is lost with 54 -who's been the powerhouse side this decade? Nothing abysmal about Centrals.

Remove this Banner Ad

OT: you know you are from Adelaide when...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back