Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

30% of accounts here are under investigation.
88% of "percentages" quoted on the internet are just randomly made up figures.

Thorburn suing for a payout is the most distasteful thing I can imagine. Totally shameless and opportunistic. Clubs are still non-profit institutions there for the wider community . There is no real loss suffered. Says everything you need to know about the contempt corporate australia has for the rest of us, and for reality for that matter.

Thorburn suing for a payout is the most distasteful thing I can imagine. Totally shameless and opportunistic. Clubs are still non-profit institutions there for the wider community . There is no real loss suffered. Says everything you need to know about the contempt corporate australia has for the rest of us, and for reality for that matter.
Frankly, I can only see upside!

Firstly, it would legally test the religious freedom act that never went anywhere and also test its extremes. I mean, we all know Catholics and Muslims denounce homosexuality and abortion, but so long as they remain passive here in Oz, everyone turns a blind eye. But these cats have really pushed the limits with their proactiveness one a number of topics, with the concentration camp analogy people particularly heinous.

Secondly, it will be at the expense of either the Essendon FC or a dickhead Essendon fan. Win win!!

Frankly, I can only see upside!

Firstly, it would legally test the religious freedom act that never went anywhere and also test its extremes. I mean, we all know Catholics and Muslims denounce homosexuality and abortion, but so long as they remain passive here in Oz, everyone turns a blind eye. But these cats have really pushed the limits with their proactiveness one a number of topics, with the concentration camp analogy people particularly heinous.

Secondly, it will be at the expense of either the Essendon FC or a dickhead Essendon fan. Win win!!
As a pies supporter the latter sounds good, though given he is sueing his own club I'm not convinced on the word supporter.

As to former, the bombers are not going to be the frontrunner on this, they will settle out of court and a fat cat will simply get bigger, though probably not as welcome at club functions as before.

FhE-mlcVIAAnSSt

Established: 1873, 149 years old.
Premiership/s: 1966.
Spoon/s: 27 (First 6 years).
Next closest spoons: 15 North, 12 Melbourne, 11 Hawthorn and South/Sydney. No other clubs in double digits.
Longest current premiership drought: Saints 56 years.
Longest ever premiership drought: South/Sydney 72 years then Saints 68 years.

Last edited:
This is not so much “Other Club Media” and more “AFL Media” in general.

I’m a big NFL fan too, and they cop a lot of shit for having a game which is just big guys running into one another. Like many sports, I feel that the more you get to understand about a sport, the more you can come to appreciate it.

However, the point of this post is around media. Have a look at this clip of a conversation from the NFL Network about the recent shifts in game strategy.

Wow! AFL analysts could only dream of being able to discuss their own game on this level, with passion, accuracy, authority and eloquence. Several of these commentators are past players, but the thing is, if you scrambled their voices you wouldn’t really know which ones (except from perhaps the anecdotes).

The other thing is that despite the fact that the NFL makes rule changes annually like we do, they are largely minor, and part of one strategic vision, and still allow the game to evolve in the fashion which is at issue in the discussion in the clip. Not making major changes on the run, which render the game unrecognizable year to year in the AFL.

Last edited:
Just proves what a piece shit he is and actually supports the Bombers case for arseholing the religious zealot.
Bringing the case may in fact exonerate the club by proving their case.

Religion should be unseen, unheard, unfunded and unheeded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was a time this bloke was more likely to get delisted. He has improved

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Had a bit of Des Headland about him.
Looks to have shaken it off.
Best of luck to him, a chunk of a forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back