Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Except they haven't been silent. Dillon addressed it directly last night - generally condemned the look of it (coaches v players) but they can't "get ahead of the process" or something along those lines. Not sure what more people would want before an "investigation" has been completed.

Clarkson will likely cop a fine for misconduct. It was an ordinary act from him, but in the heat of the moment when one of your players has been poleaxed, it is not excusable, but somewhat understandable.
Clarkson has form on this type of stuff. What he allegedly said was just plain foul - not setting much of a standard at a club that has just terminated a player for unacceptable behaviour (albeit a different type of unacceptable behaviour).

A fine is a tickle with a wet feather - a 2 week suspension tells club leaders that foul mouthed adolescent slurs against players will not be tolerated.

Clarkson has form on this type of stuff. What he allegedly said was just plain foul - not setting much of a standard at a club that has just terminated a player for unacceptable behaviour (albeit a different type of unacceptable behaviour).

A fine is a tickle with a wet feather - a 2 week suspension tells club leaders that foul mouthed adolescent slurs against players will not be tolerated.
stripes lighten GIF

I'm quite woke. Friends and enemies will confirm as much.

Having said that, I don't think that Clarkson's comment should be looked upon too seriously given the context in which he blew his top...so to speak.

Surely the players say worse to each other on the field?

Or is it now reduced to: Goodness, Christian, that kick was not up to your usual lofty standards!

From now on, I shall yell from the stands: Repel them! Repel them! Vanquish the feisty opposition!
I said "GOOD DAY, SIR"

It's somewhat amusing that Clarkson's comments seem to be attracting as much attention as the physical hit on Simpkin.
I guess the days of "stick and stomes may break my bones, but names will never harm me" are long gone....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely the players say worse to each other on the field?

Or is it now reduced to: Goodness, Christian, that kick was not up to your usual lofty standards!

From now on, I shall yell from the stands: Repel them! Repel them! Vanquish the feisty opposition!
Well, I don' think he's a clock sucker, he's just a very naughty boy.

Some terms are used without thinking about what they mean

Eg. If he called him a moth@r fu@k$r do you really think he meant it literally ?
Maybe not but Clarkson has form with this type of stuff.
When the AFL goes on about respect, inclusion, role models etc etc, Clarkson's behaviour (not for the first time) runs counter - yes it's a football match and there's robust blokes in a physical contest etc - but which workplace permits a senior employee to say that to a younger employee? (albeit from a different department)

Maybe not but Clarkson has form with this type of stuff.
When the AFL goes on about respect, inclusion, role models etc etc, Clarkson's behaviour (not for the first time) runs counter - yes it's a football match and there's robust blokes in a physical contest etc - but which workplace permits a senior employee to say that to a younger employee? (albeit from a different department)
Your attempt at an analogy is terrible, but to answer it, law firms last century? To paraphrase my boss who was quoting another partner from a different division in a meeting, holding an receipt,

"Who the fluck is Sideswipe(name has been changed) and how the fluck did the clockhead manage to take 3 clients to the Tennis for the arvo and manage to rack up 63 Heinekens and 1 bowl of chips? How much tennis did he watch?"

The answer was none. To the tennis question anyway. Unless you count the TV in the Heineken tent. Still don't know who skipped a round.

AFL asked for 8 week penalty for Webster.

But what’s with Cornes saying penalty (asked for) is ridiculous vs you guessed it, DeGoey and 3 weeks and comparing it as similar incidents.
Cornes is a complete twatwaffle. I wouldn't listen to a word that comes out of his mouth.

Your attempt at an analogy is terrible, but to answer it, law firms last century? To paraphrase my boss who was quoting another partner from a different division in a meeting, holding an receipt,

"Who the fluck is Sideswipe(name has been changed) and how the fluck did the clockhead manage to take 3 clients to the Tennis for the arvo and manage to rack up 63 Heinekens and 1 bowl of chips? How much tennis did he watch?"

The answer was none. To the tennis question anyway. Unless you count the TV in the Heineken tent. Still don't know who skipped a round.
Not sure what the example was meant to be unless it was the bowl of chips. Otherwise sounds like a good bonding session

Law firms?? - not sure they're role models in much apart from swift billing

Law firms?? - not sure they're role models in much apart from swift billing

I was making light of your ridiculous analogy. It was ordinary from Clarkson but trying to characterise a sporting contest “in the heat of battle” as comparable to a “standard” workplace is silly.

He will deservedly cop a fine. That’s about it

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back