Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Petracca is a great player, and normally for a player of his standard clubs would be clamouring over themselves to put a deal together. But that doesn’t seem to be happening.

I wonder if other clubs are politely giving this one a wide berth? (Eg: too much risk, Trac looking like too much hard work, etc)

Petracca is a great player, and normally for a player of his standard clubs would be clamouring over themselves to put a deal together. But that doesn’t seem to be happening.

I wonder if other clubs are politely giving this one a wide berth? (Eg: too much risk, Trac looking like too much hard work, etc)
Tbf, we have absolutely no clue what ANY clubs are doing behind the scenes or who the MFC may or may not be talking to.

And nor should we. We're only hearing journo's speculations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What would you expect to have happened at this stage?

Tbf, we have absolutely no clue what ANY clubs are doing behind the scenes or who the MFC may or may not be talking to.

And nor should we. We're only hearing journo's speculations.

I guess there are good reasons why I’m not a list manager …

… amongst them is that if I was working for MFC I’d be working hard to get the best deal to get Trac out of the joint. Given (1) his clear desire to play elsewhere and (2) what he’s said publicly about his ‘brand’ (and that his girlfriend is a trained lawyer who has given up her job to work full time on managing Trac’s social media brand) would raise alarm bells. The collective is always more important than the individual, doesn’t matter how good the player is.

… amongst them is that if I was working for MFC I’d be working hard to get the best deal to get Trac out of the joint. Given (1) his clear desire to play elsewhere and (2) what he’s said publicly about his ‘brand’ (and that his girlfriend is a trained lawyer who has given up her job to work full time on managing Trac’s social media brand) would raise alarm bells. The collective is always more important than the individual, doesn’t matter how good the player is.
When has he spoken 'publicly' about this Brand stuff?

When has he even publicly said he wants out?

Sounds like you have some prejudice going on there 76.

Let the kids live their life.

What would you expect to have happened at this stage?

I’d expect that no clubs would have already come out at this very early stage and politely said “Thanks but no thanks” (as Carlton and Collingwood have)

I’d expect that no clubs would have already come out at this very early stage and politely said “Thanks but no thanks” (as Carlton and Collingwood have)
Have we?
Care to post the evidence?

When has he spoken 'publicly' about this Brand stuff?

Howie games podcast this week.

When has he even publicly said he wants out?

If he didn’t want out, he or his manager would have simply quashed all media discussion. Just as McKay and Curnow’s manager has.

Last edited:

I tip if you were working for MFC you’d be 100% preoccupied with getting yourself out of the joint.

Have we?
Care to post the evidence?

Collingwood - Fly’s SEN interview this week.

Carlton - media reports have been consistent about them saying that this has nothing to do with them. I believe the media got that from Carlton, but others might not.

76woodenspooners can't quote your reply for some unknown reason 🥴

I didn't listen to the podcast.

He specifically said he wanted out of Dees?

And he specifically brought up that staying at the Dees has/will damage his brand?

All I know for sure is that he spoke to his teammates last week about how traumatic his injury experience has been, he was in the players box with Dees players at last weeks match, on the boundary line to farewell Ben Brown.

No doubt there are issues with how he, his family feel he was treated regarding his injury..and he told his side of the story to his team mates.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back