Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I tip if you were working for MFC you’d be 100% preoccupied with getting yourself out of the joint.

LOL!

To be fair to MFC, I have NFI what the problems are there, although I do believe that their issues (whatever they are) are an open secret within the industry - my take given comments made in the media.

Collingwood - Fly’s SEN interview this week.

Carlton - media reports have been consistent about them saying that this has nothing to do with them. I believe the media got that from Carlton, but others might not.

Did Fly say we aren’t interested?

Or did he say he doesn’t think we have what it takes to get a deal done?

Collingwood - Fly’s SEN interview this week.

Carlton - media reports have been consistent about them saying that this has nothing to do with them. I believe the media got that from Carlton, but others might not.
Can you quote the part in which he rules us out?

76woodenspooners can't quote your reply for some unknown reason 🥴

Sorry, I screwed up the post format. Fixed now.

I didn't listen to the podcast.

He specifically said he wanted out of Dees?

No. (I’m relying on him / his manager to shutdown media speculation, and they haven’t)

In the podcast he mentioned …
  • very little about MFC (Howie was clearly avoiding the stampede of elephants in the room)
  • His interest in cooking (Italian heritage, not a chef, not a good cook but interesting from a social media POV)
  • He is interested in his brand (part of a larger discussion)
  • His GF is a trained lawyer and is now working FT to manage his social media.
  • He mentioned his follower count but I’ve forgotten (400K?)
  • How his KB injury was tramatic to those around him, and that he mighten survive surgery at 3am.

And he specifically brought up that staying at the Dees has/will damage his brand?

No. It was all positive stuff (interested in cooking) and non-footy related.

Sorry, I screwed up the post format. Fixed now.

No. (I’m relying on him / his manager to shutdown media speculation, and they haven’t)

In the podcast he mentioned …
  • very little about MFC (Howie was clearly avoiding the stampede of elephants in the room)
  • His interest in cooking (Italian heritage, not a chef, not a good cook but interesting from a social media POV)
  • He is interested in his brand (part of a larger discussion)
  • His GF is a trained lawyer and is now working FT to manage his social media.
  • He mentioned his follower count but I’ve forgotten (400K?)
  • How his KB injury was tramatic to those around him, and that he mighten survive surgery at 3am.

No. It was all positive stuff (interested in cooking) and non-footy related.
So he didn't speak about footy or the MFC? 🥴 nor how the MFC affects his 'brand' ?

Fly has repeatedly said he's a wish. He's being realistic because he knows we don't have what would be required.

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fly has repeatedly said he's a wish. He's being realistic because he knows we don't have what would be required.

That's what I thought too

I've heard him jokingly say in pressers how much he'd love Petracca.

I could have sworn all he said on SEN was something along the lines of not thinking we could make a deal happen.

That means nothing, it's not Fly's job to know or worry about how we get the deal done. If we want Trac, we'll do our best as a club to make something happen.

You initially said he'd expressed his clear desire to play elsewhere &

Let me rephrase that …

“Neither he or his manager have made a modicum of effort to quash the rampant rumours played out right across the media landscape of him wanting to go elsewhere.”

I take that to mean that he has a “clear desire to play elsewhere” …

… but fair enough, others might take it to mean that he and his manager and parties around them are presently living in a cave blissfully unaware of the circus.

somehow him speaking about his social media content is related to him wanting out of MFC?

I didn’t make that link (others have).

I was merely citing his preoccupation with his brand that raises red flags with me. Others might find it progressive, refreshing, new age.

When I asked where he'd said this publicly, you referenced Howie's podcast..

Yep, I did. I found his interest in his brand which he talked to on Howie’s podcast a bit of a red flag.

Let me rephrase that …

“Neither he or his manager have made a modicum of effort to quash the rampant rumours played out right across the media landscape of him wanting to go elsewhere.”

I take that to mean that he has a “clear desire to play elsewhere” …

… but fair enough, others might take it to mean that he and his manager and parties around them are presently living in a cave blissfully unaware of the circus.

I didn’t make that link (others have).

I was merely citing his preoccupation with his brand that raises red flags with me. Others might find it progressive, refreshing, new age.

Yep, I did. I found his interest in his brand which he talked to on Howie’s podcast a bit of a red flag.
He's unhappy with how things have played out, clearly.

He has interests outside of football.

And he's keeping his discussions regarding his future at the club between himself, his manager & club...not broadcasting it to the media.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back