Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Hinkley has had a very long run at Port, and despite having a decent team for much of that time, they've most of the time failed miserably when it really matters, come finals time. He's very lucky to still be there, and unless they can somehow defy the odds and go on and win the flag, they need to give someone else a go. Acting like a juvenile and embarrassing himself and his club only makes it look worse for him. I would think most Port supporters would want him gone, and doubt many would be taken in simply because they've just snuck in at home against a young, inexperienced opponent. I have a good friend who is a Power supporter, and though he did hope they won the other night, he added that if they were to lose again he wanted it to be by a big enough margin that Hinkley getting the boot would have seemed inevitable! Lose badly to Sydney and that might still happen!

I reckon there’s a bit of a “the natives are getting restless” going on.

We were well over Buckley by the time he left after 9 and a half seasons, getting to 4 finals, 1 GF and no Premierships …

… so we can understand how the proud Port people feel after 12 seasons, getting to 5 finals, no GF and no Premierships (yet).

Hinkley has had a very long run at Port, and despite having a decent team for much of that time, they've most of the time failed miserably when it really matters, come finals time. He's very lucky to still be there, and unless they can somehow defy the odds and go on and win the flag, they need to give someone else a go. Acting like a juvenile and embarrassing himself and his club only makes it look worse for him. I would think most Port supporters would want him gone, and doubt many would be taken in simply because they've just snuck in at home against a young, inexperienced opponent. I have a good friend who is a Power supporter, and though he did hope they won the other night, he added that if they were to lose again he wanted it to be by a big enough margin that Hinkley getting the boot would have seemed inevitable! Lose badly to Sydney and that might still happen!

Sicily was the juvenile. Opposition coaches ripping into players is a time-honoured tradition which needs to be preserved and protected.

That fine is a threat to democracy!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sicily was the juvenile. Opposition coaches ripping into players is a time-honoured tradition which needs to be preserved and protected.

That fine is a threat to democracy!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The AFL have effectively equated Hinkley’s light hearted return serve at an opposition player …

… with Clarkson’s homophobic slur towards an opposition player. (Both charged under the “conduct unbecoming” clause and issued $20K fine)

There’s not a neutral footy supporter in the land who would have minded if the AFL had just left this alone.

Just plain dumb by the AFL.

The AFL have effectively equated Hinkley’s light hearted return serve at an opposition player …

… with Clarkson’s homophobic slur towards an opposition player. (Both charged under the “conduct unbecoming” clause and issued $20K fine)

There’s not a neutral footy supporter in the land who would have minded if the AFL had just left this alone.

I think ever since Chris Scott copped a $10k fine in 2021 - and the AFL stated something like "in the future there will be consequences" - $20k has been the minimum chips for coach fines?

Just so responsive to the media. And in this case they couldn't see that the media they were appeasing was a few ex-Hawk players finding something to sook about after their team lost.

I think ever since Chris Scott copped a $10k fine in 2021 - and the AFL stated something like "in the future there will be consequences" - $20k has been the minimum chips for coach fines?

Dunno, that may be true …

… I just don’t think it should have been classified as “conduct unbecoming” in the first place.

Just so responsive to the media. And in this case they couldn't see that the media they were appeasing was a few ex-Hawk players finding something to sook about after their team lost.

TBF, I think Ken’s real screw-up was to apologise for it.

He should have just laughed it off and called it for what it was - returning light hearted banter.

That totally passes the pub test. The AFL would have found it a lot harder to sanction.

Oh, and a nice little side effect is that it would have made Hawks look even more like the bunch of sooks that they are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can’t believe I didn’t pick this sooner, maybe there’s been discussion I missed.

But dusty has pulled the same stunt as Hardwick.
The retired, whoops, not yet, stunt.
Big ordinary if it goes through with no compo.

I can’t believe I didn’t pick this sooner, maybe there’s been discussion I missed.

I don't think he can be picked up if he lodged the official retirement paperwork, so assumedly he'd be going as a free agent, but doubt there'd be compo with his age and rumours of a small contract.

Ginni is the flavour of the month. If there is blame to be apportioned it will no doubt be our fault lol
Ginni needs a little salt this week.
Bit bland.

Got no issues with him personally. Good luck to him.

He must watch "the wizard" dropping his knees and ducking into every tackle and getting free kicks out the wazoo, and wonder if he shot an albatross in a past life though.

Hi mate,

Completely unrelated but I saw on a previous post that you had AFL Gold + Legends membership. Does this entitle you to 2x guarnteed GF tickets (if Pies make it of course)?

Cheers.

Who's the footballer who posted 'offensive' comments online in relation to the Ginni/Hinkley/Hawks saga?

Just mentioned on sen by Edmunds. Player has since deleted his comments, but obviously too late as it was screen shotted & doing the rounds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back