Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

"...won't define us" šŸ¤£

I've got news for Brodie. It's exactly how Swobbles are being defined.

Jon Hamm Yes GIF

I doubt the Dogs have agreed to anything. They will want more than the Catā€™s first.

I hope it goes down to the wire and no trade is done.
That would be gold.
Iā€™m just worried that Smith and his manager wouldnā€™t nominate a club unless they knew exactly how the deal would be done in advance so thereā€™s no chance of it falling through. To know that, the clubs would have already spoken and at least gave a handshake agreement.
Itā€™d be pretty awkward nominating a club and ending up having to play elsewhere.

Thatā€™s pretty speculative, and seems like the opposite of Melbournes public stance of he wonā€™t be traded.

Why would Melbourne do a salary dump when they have no cap issues and have no players wanting to come to their club that would cause said issues?
Youā€™re right. Melbourne are more likely to pay his wage to acquire a good player (like SDK) that fills a need or pick/s they can use.

"...won't define us" šŸ¤£

I've got news for Brodie. It's exactly how Swobbles are being defined.

We were in the top 4 in June before the season fell apart after the bye

Would've been good to play and beat them in the GF to go b2b. 88 years since the last Pies-Swans Grand Final at the time Sydney were then South Melbourne.

Josh Battle not invited to the Saints B&F. Richmond players were invited to theirsā€¦

Richmond president John O'Rourke took a thinly veiled swipe at the quartet by highlighting triple premiership player and Perth-born Nathan Broad, who won his second straight Francis Bourke Award for the person who best upholds the club's trademark values.
O'Rourke lauded the loyalty of those staying at Richmond to guide "our young players through this next phase of growth".

"Just by way of example ā€¦ how fortunate are we to have players of the character of a Nathan Broad," O'Rourke told the function.

"I know through this year, I'm sure he could have explored options to see out his career in his home state or perhaps look for more lucrative options with other clubs.

"But he chose to extend for a further two years ā€¦ what a Richmond man."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The difference is that AFL 360 is marketed as a serious talk show, whereas Top Gear is marketed as light hearted entertainment.

That and the Top Gear crew are actually funny.

Footy is entertainment, so a footy program canā€™t really be considered to be that much of a ā€œserious talk showā€.

Rumour has it that smith and Oliver use the same dealer, who is located near Geelong. This dealer, a cats supporter, has threatened Melbourne and the dogs with media attention regarding who else they supply at their respective clubs unless cheap trades are made. The afl and media is aware of the matter and an agreement is in place not to release the story. Apparently another high profile player will shortly be asking for a transfer to the cats. As an aside, ginnivan uses the same dealer and is the real reason for his transfer to the hawks

Rumour has it that smith and Oliver use the same dealer, who is located near Geelong. This dealer, a cats supporter, has threatened Melbourne and the dogs with media attention regarding who else they supply at their respective clubs unless cheap trades are made. The afl and media is aware of the matter and an agreement is in place not to release the story. Apparently another high profile player will shortly be asking for a transfer to the cats. As an aside, ginnivan uses the same dealer and is the real reason for his transfer to the hawks
FMD this week between the grand final and the trade period is a torturous one if rumours like this are being spread - unless it's tongue in cheek

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back