Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread (2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swans gifted a win with the North interchange infringement and now this. Could be the least deserving finalists since Carlton when Essendon were banned.

Least deserving Grand Finalist last year too

Gifted a spot by the AFL with Papley’s push not being paid

Geezz, you’d be feeling crook if you were a Crows supporter …

• they’ve lost 2 games by a point
  • they’ve lost 1 game by 2 points
  • they’ve lost 1 game by 4 points
  • they’ve lost 1 game by 6 points

Win all of those and they’d have cemented top 4. Instead they’re not going to make finals.

(It’s kinda the opposite to us- we win close games, crows lose them)

You know what? Yeah we all hate Carlton but I hate corruption in sport even more

I want Carlton to beat Sydney first week of finals.

Screw those cheats
Carlton have a longer list of crookery

There’s something rotten in the state of umpiring today.It’s always been the field umpires who were the problem,but now the disease has spread to the other umpires .Goal umpires are making terrible decisions like the one in Adelaide tonight,boundary umpires are letting
players take marks over the boundary line,or giving away handballs over the boundary line.What the hell is going on?

As much as I loathe Papley advancing to finals (unless he’s hurt), that robbery happening to that flog Keays is funny
I live close to the Adelaide Oval. Close enough that our street fills with cars on GameDay to park and walk to the ground. I'm dead-locking everything. They're going to want to smash stuff. Glad it's not Port. I'd leave town if it was them

You know what? Yeah we all hate Carlton but I hate corruption in sport even more

I want Carlton to beat Sydney first week of finals.

Screw those cheats

How did Sydney cheat?

Not sure what the solution for this is though. Should we stop play after every behind? Call it back after play has already restarted? Allow teams a challenge? All of these are a little messy for the rare mistake. This one I do think would have been overturned by the ARC, but this would not happen often.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s something rotten in the state of umpiring today.It’s always been the field umpires who were the problem,but now the disease has spread to the other umpires .Goal umpires are making terrible decisions like the one in Adelaide tonight,boundary umpires are letting
players take marks over the boundary line,or giving away handballs over the boundary line.What the hell is going on?
Hmmm, chances are you’re about to lose.

In a game which decided who plays finals, it's unforgivable that umpire did not ask for a score review.

Last week Dee's lost because the goal umpire really didn't have a clue if the ball was touched or not, but just guessed it was touched, score review showed it probably wasn't touched..and Carlton win.

This is really scary going into finals with this amateurish inconsistency.

Seems Adelaide were robbed - they've been a good watch most of the year and their % is reflective of where they should be on the ladder. I'd much rather play Sydney if given the choice.

You think they’re unaware the AFL engineers things to their advantage?

Do you really think there is some secret conspiracy between the Sydney Swans, Gill/Dillon, and the goal umpire tonight?

Do you really think there is some secret conspiracy between the Sydney Swans, Gill/Dillon, and the goal umpire tonight?
It doesn’t really matter whether there’s a conspiracy or not. The AFL is involved in gambling up to their eyeballs, they simply can’t allow that to occur. Would they allow that to happen in horse racing?

It doesn’t really matter whether there’s a conspiracy or not. The AFL is involved in gambling up to their eyeballs, they simply can’t allow that to occur. Would they allow that to happen in horse racing?
The many missed set shots from Crows players were just as bad. The umpire made a mistake, given it was called a point there's no automatic review. Some mistakes we just have to live with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back