Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

It pissed down with rain. Not really a night for full forwards.
I just thought maybe more about that if it was in Radelaide he said he would’ve played. That and from a leadership perspective. Not sure what his actual impact would’ve been but remember the saying in Footy as the game wears on, especially in the rain. Tall players don’t get any shorter.

But going by what Jen posted, seems that didnt matter tonight.

Been glancing the second half of the haw ess game, reckon I’ve seen Ginni have one handball … and that went straight out of bounds. Assume he was ok in H1 but missing when it counted.

He was good in first half, some very clean kicks that set up scoring chains and got 2 himself.

He is typically clean and clever with his ball use.

Please. I love Ginni as much as anyone & still upset he's no longer playing with us...but to suggest he would have made any difference to our past 2 games is kidding themselves. Short memories : all of last year. GF.

What about the year before? Swung games in our favour with momentum moments and goals.
Some of our close wins he played a big part in which in turn fed belief. Defenders can't leave him alone too long either have to be mindful of him.

That's what he brings.
AFL these days is just as much about making it count and creating momentum runs or stopping them.

Ginni wouldn't on his own change the result of those games but he would add to our side esp finishing off at goal.

What about the year before? Swung games in our favour with momentum moments and goals.
Some of our close wins he played a big part in which in turn fed belief. Defenders can't leave him alone too long either have to be mindful of him.

That's what he brings.
AFL these days is just as much about making it count and creating momentum runs or stopping them.

Ginni wouldn't on his own change the result of those games but he would add to our side esp finishing off at goal.
We're not talking about 2022 though are we?

We're talking about our past 2 games. And his last year with us, which was underwhelming.

He would not have made any difference to how we played against Giants & Swans and the results.

That's what he brings.

He's very talented, but he's not a modern player. Sydney thrashed us due to pressure and pace. We couldn't match it. The last thing we needed against Sydney was another plodder.

He's very talented, but he's not a modern player. Sydney thrashed us due to pressure and pace. We couldn't match it. The last thing we needed against Sydney was another plodder.

Imo he would of got out the back of swans and gws, not every foray fwd by their defenders ended in scores.

Would of had them second guess how committed they are on that run if he jagged a couple that way early.

Anyway he's not here so I guess I better let it go.

Imo he would of got out the back of swans and gws, not every foray fwd by their defenders ended in scores.

Would of had them second guess how committed they are on that run if he jagged a couple that way early.

Anyway he's not here so I guess I better let it go.
Not even Charlie Cameron could have gotten out the back. You've got to break the lines with a brilliant chain or cause turnover for a forward to get out the back. Ginni doesn't help with either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're not talking about 2022 though are we?

We're talking about our past 2 games. And his last year with us, which was underwhelming.

He would not have made any difference to how we played against Giants & Swans and the results.

Who cares about last year he went off script last year.
Kicked 2 and had many score involvements yesterday for Hawks. He would add to this side and will continue to develop into a good afl player esp when he is 23+ (just turned 21 in dec).

Kicked 2 and had many score involvements yesterday for Hawks. He would add to this side and will continue to develop into a good afl player esp when he is 23+ (just turned 21 in dec).
He wouldn’t be in this side

Not even Charlie Cameron could have gotten out the back. You've got to break the lines with a brilliant chain or cause turnover for a forward to get out the back. Ginni doesn't help with either.

Or you sag off at the right time.

He did it vs Esdendon in q1 yesterday with timing and finding space on rebound for his first goal.

Swans HB we're pushing high as the ran through midfield on transition.
Some of our defense of that had us being stopped and propped on wing and hbf.

Ginni finishing by foot is also very good to leading players.

Anyway doesn't matter now he's a Hawk. Just annoyed that we diluted our talent when inevitable Dads army fall happens which looking more likely each week.

So? Billy & Schultz kicked 2 for us and had multiple score involvements.

What did Ginni do in the 2nd half of yesterday's game when it wasn't going Hawks way? A solitary rushed handball over the boundary line.

Look, I love Ginni. I'm still sad he's not with us. But to suggest he would have made any difference for us against Giants & Swans is ludicrous.

Did you watch him play last year? In the GF? He had no impact for us whatsoever.

In fact, he wouldn't even have been selected in our first 2 games. And he knows that. That's why he's at the Hawks.

They played him in the GF even with patchy form line and having a down year.

If he had a preseason like he did at Hawks he'd of started round 1 for us.
They did play him in the GF. Then added a significantly better small forward over the summer. He’s no chance ahead of Elliott, Hill, McCreery & Schultz.

They did play him in the GF. Then added a significantly better small forward over the summer. He’s no chance ahead of Elliott, Hill, McCreery & Schultz.

This discussion revolved around not bringing in Schultz, keeping our picks and backing ginni in long term.

The only better part with Schultz is consistency of work rate and tackling.
Work rate and tackling can be worked on.
I think overall it was a poor long term list move and short sighted.
I really hope we finish top 4 at a minimum. Reminds me of the mayne deal but more expensive.

Or you sag off at the right time.

He did it vs Esdendon in q1 yesterday with timing and finding space on rebound for his first goal.

Swans HB we're pushing high as the ran through midfield on transition.
Some of our defense of that had us being stopped and propped on wing and hbf.

Ginni finishing by foot is also very good to leading players.

Anyway doesn't matter now he's a Hawk. Just annoyed that we diluted our talent when inevitable Dads army fall happens which looking more likely each week.
Ginni is deadly on quick entries before the mids have run back and clogged up the space. Hes really clever and finds space and is a clinical finisher. Defenders can't do what his opponent did and allow him to get free due to covering off the more dangerous corridor space, because he never misses those boundary line snaps. So that helps the other forwards too. But our current batch of smalls offer more in every other situation.

This discussion revolved around not bringing in Schultz, keeping our picks and backing ginni in long term.

The only better part with Schultz is consistency of work rate and tackling.
Work rate and tackling can be worked on.
I think overall it was a poor long term list move and short sighted.
I really hope we finish top 4 at a minimum. Reminds me of the mayne deal but more expensive.
Schultz is a much better athlete than Ginnivan, hence the lack of limits on the pressure he can apply. That is the key difference for what a forward can do when play isn’t going their way. When the game isn’t going our way, Schultz will still be running around tackling and pressuring everyone he can - Ginni simply cannot do that. It’s why Ginni’s influence was so limited in the 2nd half yesterday.

Schultz is a much better ball-winner too. It’s obvious why we wanted him over Ginnivan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back