Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

That's why I can never suggest another club like Roo's relocate or merge .. I couldn't imagine what that would be like. I really admire supporters of those clubs who go every single week to watch their team which has had no success for such a long time.

And they don't resort to spitting & abusing their players like Blues supporters did & do.
Oh yeah, I forgot Blues fans were abusing Voss and the players last year when they were on that losing streak. Then those same 'supporters' were singing their praises just a few weeks later.

Bunch of bandwagoners.

Oh yeah, I forgot Blues fans were abusing Voss and the players last year when they were on that losing streak. Then those same 'supporters' were singing their praises just a few weeks later.

Bunch of bandwagoners.
And grown men admitting to going to Blues training sessions just so they could 'eyeball' the players 🙄

Booing & abusing the players as they went down the race after games.

Ringing up every radio station sooking, whining & carrying on.

Biggest bunch of fairweather supporters ever.

Even Andy Maher's not doing his Bloose radio this week.. obviously not feeling as cocky about playing the Swans.

And grown men admitting to going to Blues training sessions just so they could 'eyeball' the players 🙄

Booing & abusing the players as they went down the race after games.

Ringing up every radio station sooking, whining & carrying on.

Biggest bunch of fairweather supporters ever.

Even Andy Maher's not doing his Bloose radio this week.. obviously not feeling as cocky about playing the Swans.
Those radio station calls from Blues fans were hilarious! 🤣

Those radio station calls from Blues fans were hilarious! 🤣
It was what I was most looking forward to after we beat Blues the other week. Watching their sulky, sooky faces 😆 still get so much enjoyment out of watching that footage.

With Geelong's outs was hoping Suns could be a good chance tonight, but see they also have significant outs as well.

Seven players out as "managed" across the two clubs! Maybe this is common and I've not being paying attention, but that seems a lot.

With Geelong's outs was hoping Suns could be a good chance tonight, but see they also have significant outs as well.

Seven players out as "managed" across the two clubs! Maybe this is common and I've not being paying attention, but that seems a lot.
What is this 'managed' stuff, I thought club's were told to be more transparent with their outs, injuries, reasons, timelines, etc. you wouldn't think so many young players would need to be managed, as in the Sun's.

I also would have thought Sun's would be throwing everything at this game tonight, particularly in Darwin where they have such a good winning streak.

Last edited:
It really is the strangest tale. Sack a coach who was recently re-signed on the back of the President luring a ex coach who has previously walked out the Club. What's more, the old coach, who hadn't tasted success in many seasons then surrounds himself with old boys in the coaching team.
It must be a football horror story in an age of attacking aggressive football for their supporters watching them play.
Meanwhile, they perform worse than the signed and sacked ex coach (putting aside the dead cat bounce at the beginning of season 23) over a decent sample of footy, some 25 odd games.
Did they fall for a guy who handles the media well and can deliver a cliche laden pithy one liner? Did the president go this way to appease the fans? Is it just another bad decision made aby a footy club?
Whatever the reason, let this be a lesson to every other club on what not to do!!
Haven't got the players. Bloody good effort to play finals last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So far in this game maybe not enough respect paid to GC by Cats (managed players) or Lions better?

Last week GC we’re atrocious against a heavily undermanned Brions team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back