Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

TBH, i'd be happy for Grundy, i probably know one feral Sydney supporter. But if carltoon win it, more of their supporters will slither out from under their rocks and they would just be unbearable beyond any other supporter base.

Edit: it would be the lesser of 2 evils.
My happiness for Grundy (maybe also Adams), would not overcome my horror at T Papley mounting the dais

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't disagree. But I'd question what we're valuing when we're giving 3 and a half years to Carmichael and Begg, yet only two to Poulter.
The fact he said he pulled his finger out after being delisted by us may tell us a little about his work ethic whilst at the club...?

Just reading between the lines.

The fact he said he pulled his finger out after being delisted by us may tell us a little about his work ethic whilst at the club...?

Certainly but I think that part of the job of the coaches is to motivate those with talent with a stick or a carrot, whatever it takes especially when we have had a lot of ordinary players in the building recently because of our lack of access go good picks. The way Ned Guy got up and celebrated the 2020 picks would suggest that we had to put more investment into them. Poulter was part of what we gave up our future 1st for for crikes sake.

I'm more suggesting that we might be getting the balance wrong in terms of betting on work ethic to overcome all, but not betting on being able to overcome work ethic.

Although with Poulter I think it was because he was a kick chaser who didn't stick to his role.

Certainly but I think that part of the job of the coaches is to motivate those with talent with a stick or a carrot, whatever it takes especially when we have had a lot of ordinary players in the building recently because of our lack of access go good picks. The way Ned Guy got up and celebrated the 2020 picks would suggest that we had to put more investment into them. Poulter was part of what we gave up our future 1st for for crikes sake.
Sometimes there are just players from every club who need a different environment to thrive.

I still think people are getting a bit carried away by Poults game last night.

It's only his 6th for the year. If he'd spent most of the year in our seconds this year like he has with the Doggies, you can guarantee people on here would be telling him to look elsewhere..or he's never going to make it, can we move him him on, list clogger, etc etc

I'm more suggesting that we might be getting the balance wrong in terms of betting on work ethic to overcome all, but not betting on being able to overcome work ethic.

Although with Poulter I think it was because he was a kick chaser who didn't stick to his role.
Maybe. It's interesting that he also lived with Crispy, someone who must have an incredible work ethic to play so many consecutive games.

Maybe. It's interesting that he also lived with Crispy, someone who must have an incredible work ethic to play so many consecutive games.
I do think it was likely more about following instructions in terms of role rather than work ethic as such. In his second year when playing wing he sure as hell didn't keep shape, he'd bob up anywhere, whereas our wings run pretty tight patterns.

Don't disagree. But I'd question what we're valuing when we're giving 3 and a half years to Carmichael and Begg, yet only two to Poulter.
Begg is a tall and they take time - also has a unique blend of athleticism and mobility for his size.
Poulter was a skinny one sided vanilla player who obviously became motivated once he got cut. If Poulter has some outstanding attributes then it may well have justified our persistence.

For every Poulter, you have Bianco, Ruscoe, Draper and a myriad of others who’ve been cut and not made it.

Sometimes the penny only drops when you’ve been cut.
To actually blame Coaches for failing to motivate Poulter is just wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back