Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Sick Poison GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

It’s possible to still make the 8 with there more wins, but even then, with our rubbish percentage, it’s still unlikely.
Not anymore after that result - Freo are super vulnerable now.

Even if they do get to 58 points - that’s points off GWS and/or Port.

There are LOTS of permutations where we get in with 56 now. Just have to win our games.

I just wish one of our draws was a win. That Freo one
Take two points of them. Give it to us.

I keep saying it but I think we already lost one game too many now.

It’s possible to still make the 8 with there more wins, but even then, with our rubbish percentage, it’s still unlikely.

I’m wondering at what point it will become impossible as we watch other games play out.

It’s that tight right now and you have games like this one right now where two teams we need to lose, play each other.

Hawthorn and GWS was the same situation.

The Hawthorn loss was where I put a line though us this year. I think that was probably the point we officially were out of contention.
Still so much to play out yet. This season is like no other. No one has a clue what version of any team is going to turn up each week.

No one would have predicted Swans last 6 weeks, for example.

Think our best chance of making finals is to overtake Freo, Essendon and Hawthorn

• We need to win our last 3
  • Carlton need to beat Hawthorn (hard to see them losing to North or Richmond)
  • Essendon to lose 1 more game (good chance Sydney and/ or Brisbane beat them)
  • Freo need to lose 2 of their last 3 (Geelong at home, GWS away, Port at home)

Probably a 5% chance of all that happening tbh...

You can call in sick like the swans did this week and conceivably still win a flag

But if you still haven't learnt how to close out a match at this stage of the season - like Freo and hawks - then you arent ready to go all the way

Think our best chance of making finals is to overtake Freo, Essendon and Hawthorn

Agreed, Port have a tricky draw as well but can't see them dropping all 3.
I'm an optimistic guy, but geez it's hard to see us making it even if we win our last 3. I'd rather win our last 3 and not make it than have it taken away on Friday vs the swans.
Who knows. Crazy season. Sit back and enjoy it. Whether we get there or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just gonna get in early for next week. And say it just once. Go blues.
Too early. If we lose to Sydney, you've said that without any reason.

I'm watching the Sydney game with the silver lining of not barracking for Carlton if we lose.

Yep agree on this

outside chance GWS or Port drop their last 3 bit highly unlikely, so they above would be our best bet

If Freo knock off GWS however, they could be needing a win in Ballarat in the last round to make it, very interesting as long as we keep winning

Too early. If we lose to Sydney, you've said that without any reason.

I'm watching the Sydney game with the silver lining of not barracking for Carlton if we lose.
I just can’t and won’t bring myself to barrack for Carlton. I’ll barrack for them to lose every match, then get caught cheating the salary cap and punished so badly they miss every finals series for the rest of my life. Sure we might not make the finals this year, but I’ll comfort myself with the fact that they didn’t either.

Interesting that a few well credentialed candidates are ruling themselves out of the Eagles gig - I wonder why?

Haven't you read the VicBias thread. Coaching 100 games for a non Vic team is equivalent to coaching 3 million games at 7,000 metres under water because of travel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back