Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Daniel Hoyne from Champion Data.

Last year: Tipped against us in all three finals.

This year: Tipped the Dogs to win the flag earlier this week.

That’s what happens when you’re too data obsessed and don’t watch enough football.
Haha that was a classic.

Somehow he ran with “all the data is saying the Dogs will win the flag” - to me, the data says that 1 team has won the flag from 5-8 since this top 8 was introduced, and 95 teams have not.

We wouldn't have access to Dear given he was a FS selection
No one bid on him & he was only taken by us with our last pick. The F/S pick was even ran by our socials but it was for a feel good story in essence. I doubt we would have matched a bid for him if one came as no one could forsee this kind of trajectory for Calsh
We got lucky

No one bid on him & he was only taken by us with our last pick. The F/S pick was even ran by our socials but it was for a feel good story in essence. I doubt we would have matched a bid for him if one came as no one could forsee this kind of trajectory for Calsh
We got lucky
He reminds me so much of his father in the way they both mark the ball.

Hawks are the best team to watch. The forward line is exciting.

Last years 9 finals had total margin of 131 points. (If I’ve done my maths correctly).

This included 5 finals being decided by under 2 goals and a biggest winning margin of 48 points.

This year after 2 finals we have a combined margin of 121.

Goes to show how enthralling and entertaining last years finals series was.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**** they looked good.
Parts of their game (stoppage and transition) look really good.
Play capable FB and CHB (+ 3rd tall) on their talls and take them out of the game, leaves their small forwards and mids to kick a lot of the score.

I am sorry to rain on your parade but it will never happen. Rather, it is about time our recruiting staff select a young key position player & possibly the pick may be a so-called "Diamond in the Rough". I mean young Casher Dear was taken with Pick 56 while we had Picks 25 & 37 (I think). I know that I always bring up the club's recruiting performance but everytime I see a young tall - that was available at our picks - (and that also includes Logan Morris who Brisbane selected in last year's draft) play well, I just wonder where we could be going into the future with some really promising young key forwards. OK. Goodnight & good luck.
Your lament is illogical- for every Dear there are at least 10 misses, and worse at pick 56.
The draft is a lottery and to pretend you can guarantee a successful pick especially at Dear’s pick 57 is folly, let alone complain there are lessons to be learnt.

Last edited:
The two long term coaches with their careers under the most threat managed to steer their teams into strong form into September to almost avoid the chopping block.

All completely undone with two of the meekest finals efforts you’ll ever see. If port back up with a loss, surely it’s curtains for Hinkley. Beveridge needs to go too, his premiership honeymoon period is surely over. It’s a good list wasted.

You won't hear many opposition supporters get stuck into him. I couldn't say the same if it were Nick. That's my point. The media will give him a little slap on the wrist etc.

Either Bont was injured and beveridge is culpable for selecting him (or at least lying that he wasn’t injured)….. or Bont wasn’t injured and Beveridge is culpable for playing him out of position for most of the game until it was too late.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back