Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

The Hawks are the blueprint for the modern game and how to play it. As the game becomes more and more bruise free it becomes very difficult for lesser teams to put opposition good players off their game with a fair but "big" hit. To have a young & fit team with no mental scars that can run like the wind, win contested ball and then hit moving targets consistently by foot all over the ground under pressure in tight spaces is what will win flags and is what all the great Hawthorn teams have done throughout the decades. The Hawks are pretty much re-inventing themselves.......again. If a current AFL team is going to become the next dynasty team it more than likely will be the Hawks. They are very, very impressive. I can't see us beating them for about 9 or 10 years.

Two games in and two finals pretenders exposed. Teams that can't take the heat, don't win finals.
Disappointed in Bont, Libba and Adz for not showing more heart (Richards at least tried) but with a scaredy cat ruckman in English and lots of role playing flankers....the Dogs and the Power just copped heat.

The Hawks are the blueprint for the modern game and how to play it. As the game becomes more and more bruise free it becomes very difficult for lesser teams to put opposition good players off their game with a fair but "big" hit. To have a young & fit team with no mental scars that can run like the wind, win contested ball and then hit moving targets consistently by foot all over the ground under pressure in tight spaces is what will win flags and is what all the great Hawthorn teams have done throughout the decades. The Hawks are pretty much re-inventing themselves.......again. If a current AFL team is going to become the next dynasty team it more than likely will be the Hawks. They are very, very impressive. I can't see us beating them for about 9 or 10 years.
So it took Hawks 3 or 4 years to get where they are but we can’t do it in 10?
Righto, got it.

Righto, got it.
Hawks have never made any mistakes. They never took DBG as a top 10. They never traded in Wingard. They are perfect.

Time to shut the club down and find a new sport.

Thankfully our coaches and players wouldn’t have the defeatist attitude I’ve seen on here 😃

No one bid on him & he was only taken by us with our last pick. The F/S pick was even ran by our socials but it was for a feel good story in essence. I doubt we would have matched a bid for him if one came as no one could forsee this kind of trajectory for Calsh
We got lucky
I'm sure that's true.

But we're still going to accuse you of being Carlton style cheats who made him spud it up in under 18s to hide him.

Hawks have never made any mistakes. They never took DBG as a top 10. They never traded in Wingard. They are perfect.

McGuane and Edward. A couple of hidden gems and we are right to go. One of the Whitlock boys would be OK.
A free agent or two.
Hawks don't scare me although yes they are looking very good.
A fit DeGoey and Mitchell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McGuane and Edward. A couple of hidden gems and we are right to go. One of the Whitlock boys would be OK.
A free agent or two.
Hawks don't scare me although yes they are looking very good.
A fit DeGoey and Mitchell.
I reckon we'll have to add to JDG and Mitchell if we are going to match it with the likes of hawthorn. Those two just ain't going to cut it. If we happened to get a full season out of JDG, then that would help but Mitchell can't compete with the likes of hawthorn's midfield.

They will get worked out like every other team.
But the hardest attribute to counter will be their precision kicking.

Righto, got it.
9 to 10 years was excessive just to make a point. Some people seem to take everything at face value. After the 2011 PF it took us 9 consecutive defeats over 5 years before finally beating the Hawks. I can see something similar happenning again, the way they play troubles us significantly. If you want to talk bogey teams look no further past the Hawks. It shits me to no end!

Thankfully our coaches and players wouldn’t have the defeatist attitude I’ve seen on here 😃
With the game shifting from inside to outside, Hawks have the outside edge on the comp. Serious runners, spreading the field by running different patterns to the rest of the comp.

Teams will adjust to their patterns and we're on the right track with game style with the runners we've been drafting. Just got to hope some of them come through.

With the game shifting from inside to outside, Hawks have the outside edge on the comp. Serious runners, spreading the field by running different patterns to the rest of the comp.

Teams will adjust to their patterns and we're on the right track with game style with the runners we've been drafting. Just got to hope some of them come through.
Mitchell is a genius

Heavens forbid if a Hawk posts anything truthful about DGB on the Hawks board, the clique will come and you won't hear them from the pile on. He might be part of the Barrass trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back